Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
I really enjoyed this game right up until one level I never got past.

I'm pretty sure anyone who's played to the same level knows exactly which one it was. It's pretty infamous.

I love the ship designs, at least. And how hilariously visually destructive some of the weapons are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
You guys guessing on what's going on are in for a treat. I seem to recall the story getting kinda out there :allears:

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
This next mission is what killed my playthrough of this game. It is nonsense.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
The Vorlons weren't nice, they were just much less openly dickish when compared to the Shadows. They were still dicks who meddled with the younger races in order to prove a point at the cost of countless lives. With the notable exception of Ambassador Kosh, anyway.

Also, I feel like this wasn't the mission that stopped me, since I recall a friendly fleet showing up at some point. Is there another stealth mission?

Polaron fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jul 15, 2017

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

OutofSight posted:

Different and competing ideologies.
"Who are you?"(Order - Vorlons) vs. "What do you want?" (Chaos - Shadows)

Well, that's how it started out. By the time of the show it was Patronizing Fascism (Vorlons) vs Darwinistic Anarchy (Shadows).

This LP has actually gotten me back into a Babylon 5 rewatch because it's obvious the developers were heavily influenced by it. The Stiletto-class ships may well have come straight from Earth Alliance R&D. Well, if you put a few more nuke launchers on there, anyway. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

OutofSight posted:

I don't know if could imagine Mr. Morden as an anarchist today. His selling pitches could have been amazing in a "Head and Shoulders" shampoo advertisment. Or think bigger bigger: Apple or Google product placement. Would have solved the show's money problems quite nicely.

Funny note. Ed Wasser, the actor who played MEEEESTAR MORRDEN, once appeared on Ripley's Believe It or Not TV show because his son was a skateboarding prodigy at, like, three. It was deeply, deeply strange to see him sitting happily next to his wife gushing about his son skateboarding.

• Locked thread