Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
The love put into the strategic map always makes it clear that this game wasn't meant to be a linear singleplayer campaign.

Ardryn posted:

I wish I had the foresight to keep a copy, but I'm almost certain it was on the long since defunct official forums, I'll trawl around and see if anything catches my eye but it might just be lost to the aether of the Internet.

A shame too, because I was amused to find the modder apparently had it in for the main story, as our hero gets arrested.

Boralis Conflict? The mod should still be installed on my own computer but I can't find a copy online.

Morrow fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jun 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
You destroyed the platforms before you could see, but they actually fire at the alien vessel instead of you, charging its weapons faster.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

VKing posted:

I don't think I've ever managed to get the secondary objective on this mission. You could see it in the video, one of the buggers go after you and the rest gang up on a cargo ship. I'm honestly not sure if it's possible to complete, considering you have to lose one of the cargo ships for the next mission to play out.

And this is where we are introduced to Rear/Vice/Butt Admiral Norbank. Let's just say we ain't seen the last of him.

A group of invincible raptor marines go after one of the freighters, but it doesn't count against the secondary objective.

The most success I've had was to go with an all torpedo build, as that's able to quickly punch through the raptor shields and take out their otherwise fragile ships.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
A bit that always amused me was that the Fearless is a unique OSEC Longsword configuration with four heavy weapon slots, letting it mount 4 missiles. Not too dangerous against an Angelwing with Tier 2 tech, but in scenario editors that modders made it would wreck other Sol system ships.

Psychotic Weasel posted:

From what I remember from playing this many moons ago in order to force a ship to evacuate, or just explode, you need to do about 75-80% hull damage. Taking out subsystems can permanently cripple a ship but I've never taken the time to go through the one-by-one to find out what happens. I'm pretty sure it's just the condition of the hull that matters.

It's been a long, long time, but I remember that after destroying every single subsystem with lasers a ship blew up.

• Locked thread