Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
This is a game I really liked back in the day and is still very unique in how it plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

VKing posted:

IIRC it doesn't forget, it just doesn't use all available weapons in order to get maximum ROF out of the weapons it decides to fire. Using more weapons means they recharge slower (unless you throw auxiliary power at it).
In addition to this, it also depends on the ship stance: if set to aggressive, it will try to use all weapons avaiable (even targeting other threats on its own, if I remember correctly); with defensive it will prioritize things like ECM, aggressive maneuvering and other defensive features over weapons; and finally in focused stance the ship will do only what it's told to do.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

OutofSight posted:

Yes the batteries could be (slowly) recharged by reducing the energy consumption of the support bar. Worked mostly with the better cells, you got later.
Also having the ship be in better condition helps with that: I recall that the more a ship is damaged, the more Support energy it uses by default, which I think simulates having the life support systems be overloaded and other emergency systems being used to keep the crew alive and the ship still running.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
One thing of note is that the Commandos can be saved: if they are given the order to pull out when the screaming starts, they will manage to evacuate and have special dialogue where they tell what was going on and be avaiable for the next mission.

Additionally I think the way equipping the ship doesn't allow any refunds is due to one of the unique features of the Angelwing that is mentioned in its description.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
I'm pretty sure the "scan colony" objective is bugged: I also killed the mothership before scanning the colony, but unlike in the video I managed to complete the scan with a larger margin. However it still failed.
I'm guessing that for it to work properly you need to scan the colony before dealing with the mothership.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
I remember the next mission: while the idea is interesting, I recall the execution was not very good. Still I did manage to eventually get through after a few attempts, but it was a bit of a low point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Polaron posted:

With the notable exception of Ambassador Kosh, anyway.
And even Kosh wasn't that nice: the big difference was that unlike his fellow Vorlons he still cared about the younger races and respected what they could achieve.
The other Vorlons and the Shadows no longer did since they were too busy fighting their ideological war at all costs and that is why they failed at their one job.

• Locked thread