Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I've got this on my shelf. I remember giving it a shot once... I'm trying to remember when/why I didn't finish it, though. I think it was related to flubbing an early fleet setup with no option to undo and no real warning on how it should've been done(I essentially ended up unable to harm enemy ships at all, because I'd brought the wrong weapons), not having saved recently, and just not wanting to deal with replaying that much. So I just shut the game down and packed it away.

Still, it had some interesting ideas. I wonder how much of it I'm remembering right, or whether I'm mixing it up with some other game, because it feels like I'm remembering two plotlines that almost certainly couldn't actually be coexisting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
Seen from the side, the Angelwing kind of looks like a futuristic assault rifle.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

OAquinas posted:

That's a feature, not a bug. The idea is that you need to be flexible in your loadouts and not min/max; of course if you know what you need then minmaxing gets easier.

I seem to remember that my issue with that is the resource point system they use, where it's relatively easy to paint yourself into a corner early on. Buy the wrong equipment one mission, and you won't have the RP's to gear correctly for another mission.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Man, remembering this game just got more difficult. I feel like this was about where I gave up, due to annoyance with the RP system and not having saved for a couple of missions when I was completely screwed by it, but at the same time I can also remember some later bits. And it was way too long ago for there to have been an LP of it... maybe I just had a fever dream and hallucinated the rest of it.

• Locked thread