Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
I always liked how your ship needed to maneuver around to actually hit specific subsystems.
I wonder what your approach will be on the next mission.

I think you can open the status screen of your own ship with the wrench button at the bottom left.

Nuramor fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Yeah, using the attack hull- command also gives the ship the order to turn in a way that most main batteries can fire on the enemy. Manually targeting the guns may not get all guns firing because they are not in arc.
Commandos, when not used for plot purposes, are *supposed* to do damage to subsystems. But if you don't focus one of the subsystems in the enemys system overview they will just pick a random one. of couse that presumes the modded commandos work the same way.

And, as we have seen here, nuclear weapons do not observe friendly fire. Something to look out for.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

VKing posted:

Yea I don't know if it affects hit chances at all (it might, especially later when we get ships with tactical drives) but at least it's much less frustrating to watch than just sitting there taking fire.

I remember when I played the game, I used to mostly use manual controls instead of the auto-attack function keys. This might have been to my detriment, however, as I tended to expend all the auxiliary energy way too quickly.

If after a battle you have aux energy left you did something wrong :D
I think the biggest benefit of constantly moving is that the enemy may not get the angle to properly hit one of your subsystems. And of course to stay out of range of other enemies that may be around.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

And i think getting a better auxiliary generator helps as well.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

I love how Cromwell is just dripping with sarcasm during the cutscene when talking about Vice Rear Glorious Supreme Leader Admiral Norbank.

• Locked thread