Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deep dish peat moss

They Might Be posted:

if you have trade or lab experience you can escape to beautiful mcmurdo station, antarctica

https://www.indeed.com/q-Mcmurdo-Station-jobs.html

if you have hospitality experience you can escape to a cruise ship

https://www.allcruisejobs.com/

i have friends that have done both, unfortunately all of them hated it.

I was going to do this for a while but my uncle + other people I talked to who have been there say it's the most heartbreaking thing on earth because it's such a beautiful pristine and peaceful place but it's almost impossible to get a second contract to work there, so after your contract you live the rest of your life missing it and wanting to go back. There's a good documentary about it and some lifers on netflix, or it used to be there anyway, and I forget the name of it.

You can go do fish canning in Alaska. You make $10-15 an hour for cutting up fish guts 16 hours a day but room and board is 100% paid for and you get to save every dime of it

We're in an era where you can make a living by bumming it around the US and writing a blog about it and then just shopping all your posts around to different publications + throwing up some ads + sending it to open contributor platforms. If you're doing something with your life that most people wish they had the guts to do, like quit your job and hike across the US with 1 pair of clothes and a laptop or something, you'll get readership especially if you SEO well and etc.

Are the oil fields in North Dakota still a thing?

About 6 years ago you could get a luxury apartment in a gated, english-speaking community with a built in grocery store and etc. in Thailand for around $100 USD/month. I don't know about now but that's where all of my brother's online poker buddies ended up

I can get anyone a $29k/year call center tech support job in Tempe, Arizona even though I don't work there anymore

You can go do the temporary summer positions at state parks like Glacier National Park and you get to live in a cabin there while you do it

Cruise Ship jobs let you travel the world, they don't pay much but it's 16hour days with zero room and board just like fish canneries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

Eventually I'm going to end up renting a room in an old colonial townhome in Hawaii and writing novels or the same thing but in Mexico

deep dish peat moss

I had a cousin that went off the grid with his girlfriend to work as an unpaid intern on an Organic Herb Farm where he got to live in a tent and bathe in the creek for free. They did it for like four years and liked it but then Uncle Sam was coming after them for tax evasion or something, last I heard they were fleeing to Cuba

deep dish peat moss

You can live on the streets and steal copper wire

• Locked thread