Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suck-A-Sage
Nov 11, 2008
I'm in Australia so I'm going to have latency problems either way :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Recently I've been getting a message along the lines of "please play in a stable connection environment", and then get disconnected. Im at home in wifi. Bit annoying!

Riller
Jun 16, 2008
Applied to Tricksters as Lotari.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I have send friend reqs to all the names itt and accepted the folks who applied to the clan. I noticed that there's a Greet All button in the friends tab, which simplifies gaining FP.

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Does anyone know when dailies restart everyday?
I'm pretty sure it rolls over at noon or 1pm PST because I had new dailies up by the time I saw your post yesterday.

Roid666 posted:

Recently I've been getting a message along the lines of "please play in a stable connection environment", and then get disconnected. Im at home in wifi. Bit annoying!
I noticed that I get this a lot when I'm on wifi that's not my house, my 3g/4g connection seems more stable most of the time.

Also, have you done a signal strength survey for your home wifi? There are a ton of free wifi analyzer apps, and you might just be moving through a dead zone in your home due to thick walls or something which blocks it.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 22, 2017

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'll likely jump over to the guild tonight. I'll make a heavy push in chat for north Americans. Obviously, at this point in time we don't have enough goons to fill the guild. I'm pretty sure shrine is kind of half dead/ half filled with actives. But until we have enough active goons in one spot we should just fill with active north Americans as it's important to have people to play with during prime time.

I can't emphasize enough that it really does turn into an mmo. You need tanks and heals. It's not hella complicated like wow is with crazy procs and poo poo, but the holy trinity is alive.

And if you can get real groups together for hot time spamming you'll see the fastest leveling out there.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I app'd to Tricksters.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Zotix posted:

I'll likely jump over to the guild tonight. I'll make a heavy push in chat for north Americans. Obviously, at this point in time we don't have enough goons to fill the guild. I'm pretty sure shrine is kind of half dead/ half filled with actives. But until we have enough active goons in one spot we should just fill with active north Americans as it's important to have people to play with during prime time.

I can't emphasize enough that it really does turn into an mmo. You need tanks and heals. It's not hella complicated like wow is with crazy procs and poo poo, but the holy trinity is alive.

And if you can get real groups together for hot time spamming you'll see the fastest leveling out there.

shrine has like 4 or 5 people we could purge but the guild chat is pretty dead and I'm not sure there are enough goons playing that could commit to an actual MMO guild with all that that entails. I don't think there's enough people in the guild high enough to clear the first dungeon though...

Anyway I cleared out a bunch of inactives and added everyone on the list here. Still got a couple more spots so add me as SAvemebarry

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I didn't realize you can do weekly quests 15 times a day. That's a shitload of easy exp, and the chests are nice too!

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I've been finding armor items with a little blue gem in the bottom right corner of their icons. What's that?

Also what do you do with megaphones, that they're so spendy in the store?

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
My clan is called Solidity if anyone wants to join.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Also if the other clans in here wanna join in an alliance let me know!

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

coyo7e posted:

I've been finding armor items with a little blue gem in the bottom right corner of their icons. What's that?

Also what do you do with megaphones, that they're so spendy in the store?

The blue gem means they can be sold to other players for premium currency in the trading post.

Megaphones just let you send a game-wide message, it's weirdly ubiquitous in Korean MMO's.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

We really should consolidate everyone under one banner and then recruit any n/A players that we can

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
If I find an additional 10 skill scrolls, can I level up rare skills?

Also Zotix what scrolls were you asking about earlier online? I haven't bought anything in the shop that doesn't say "FREE" on it. ;)

edit: oh, quest scrolls. yeah I just found a ton today because I left ym character auto-fighting while I was at the grocery store.. I had enough to make a pile of class A quest scrolls by then.

Also, it's weird that people can have a word like "DANK" in their charname but it's censored in chat..? :downsrim:

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jun 23, 2017

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

You can buy A grade scrolls in the shop. I can't tell you the price because the gold cost goes up every 10 levels. Mine are like 15k each. It'll come to a point where you won't find enough lower level ones to upgrade. So you should buy the A grade with gold daily.

If someone is a spender they can buy S grades with diamonds do 5 of them, reset their limit of with 50 gems, and do another 5.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Can you promote me to the Equiv of an officer as well, so that I might be able to recruit?

Zotix fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 23, 2017

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Zotix posted:

Can you promote me to the Equiv of an officer as well, so that I might be able to recruit?
I can't promote anyone until we gain rank as a clan. I tried to promote you last night. I will when i can though.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Things I wish I'd known when I started:

-Save upgrading your gear in the first 10-15 levels, save up all the gold you can and buy a bulk-rate pack of health and magic potions ASAP. Only upgrade your gear at low levels, once you start struggling to finish quests on autopilot - but with enough health and magic pots you can steamroll most stuff, and you'll thank me later for not having wasted so much time and money upgrading trash gear.

-Mages should find a Staff of Flame (vampiric), the staff of life's exp bonus is so small that it's pretty much useless until you're getting 1k+ exp per kill.

-Daily everything resets at 1pm PST (GMT -8, plus or minus DST)

-Daily Quests scale with your level, you can do 15 per day, and it's easy to let your character autofight through them while you click "complete" every few minutes. Do them before main-path quests because eventually the plot quests have level requirements.

-Every race has different specs for each class. Look them up before you choose or you may end up with a healer who can only cast HoTs, or a short-ranged offensive mage, slow-firing archer, etc...

-There's an autofight toggle on the right side of the chatlog. Blue uses skills yellow does not. Both use potions.

-Potions and those purple super-strike thingies can be bought for Adena (gold) in the shop. Buying in bulk is way cheaper, and not that expensive (25k for 200 potions)

-I the upper left corner near the quest log on-screen, you can pull out a tab which among other things, has gift boxes for each level you gain.

-At level 30 you're given a free S-rank weapon box in the above tab, so don't blow all your upgrades on your B or A rank weapon at level 29 like me..

-You can expand your inventory with red diamonds, click on the bottom of the inventory screen by the x/80. Do this early.

-You can hang out in elite dungeons pretty much indefinitely, and they're a good place to get blood drops for upgrading your clan. To leave don't blow an escape scroll, just walk back to the start and click the "door" button up near your character stat tabs.

-If you can autofight in an elite dungeon without burnign potions for five minutes, you can fight there pretty much forever with no risk (except having someone train enemies onto you to kill you on purpose), so do tha whenever you're out of other things to do, or if you want to leave your character grinding.. Find something that says "elite of blood" over its name and farm them for the clan donation items, "proof of blood".

-Don't donate Adena (gold) to the clan. You'll need that gold later.

-You can tweak your AI settings in the Settings->Battle tab.

-If you've got ranged or dash abilities, it's way easier to farm mobs in a crowd.

-Rare minibosses are super hard to catch because thee's usually some asshat camping their spawn.

-You can re-enter extraction dungeons as much as you want but can't pick any more herbs until the daily resets. So don't waste your herb space picking junk herbs, hold out for the rarer ones you WANT.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jun 24, 2017

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

coyo7e posted:

-You can hang out in elite dungeons pretty much indefinitely, and they're a good place to get blood drops for upgrading your clan. To leave don't blow an escape scroll, just walk back to the start and click the "door" button up near your character stat tabs.

You can leave from anywhere as long as you're not in combat.

Also regarding daily/weekly quests, the 15 you can do that are actual quests are the 'weekly' ones (but you get them refreshed daily). The 'daily' quests are more like achieves, 'do x damage' or 'kill x monsters', and if you don't compete them in a certain time they'll just auto complete. Make sure you do both types every day if possible.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Wow, I never noticed many blood dropping in Elf Ruins 1, but in Elf Ruins 2 if you can take on 3 or 4 Spartoi Knights (level 31 skelly fighters) you can get 7 proof of blood off basically every single kill. They're kind of tanky at ~45k hps, but they give a ton of exp and drops, as well as over 100 gold per kill. Not bad if you're in the low 30s.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jun 24, 2017

Suck-A-Sage
Nov 11, 2008

coyo7e posted:

Wow, I never noticed many in Elf Ruins 1, but in Elf Ruins 2 if you can take on 3 or 4 Spartoi Knights (level 31 skelly fighters) you can get 7 proof of blood off basically every single kill. They're kind of tanky at ~45k hps, but they give a ton of exp and drops, as well as over 100 gold per kill. Not bad if you're in the low 30s.

Go all the way to the last room with the floating eyeballs, they spawn pretty quickly and the room is small so they're all grouped together. They also drop 7x blood, and 2x startstone frequently. There's always a group of players grinding there so it's easy to farm exp/drops/cores.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I prefer to avoid those clusterfucks. The end of ruins 1 is horrible with groups of lvl 55+ players trying to outrun each other for the same 6 level 25 pinchers.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I don't think I'll ever download this game but I enjoy this thread for early 00s MMO nostalgia complaints. Lineage 2 is such a gently caress.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I see you added a few people over night to the guild. Were they just random applicants? Or people you found in game by playing? Just curious. At guild level 3 you can appoint an elder which is kind of like a coGM. I'll start heavily recruiting in world chat then for active N/A players. We need to start trying to down the guild boss asap. Also I made fri nds yesterday with a GM of a guild who is level 80 something, seems really knowledgeable about stuff. Might want to ally them.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Apped to Tricksters as Stacker. On central time.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

Zotix posted:

I see you added a few people over night to the guild. Were they just random applicants? Or people you found in game by playing? Just curious. At guild level 3 you can appoint an elder which is kind of like a coGM. I'll start heavily recruiting in world chat then for active N/A players. We need to start trying to down the guild boss asap. Also I made fri nds yesterday with a GM of a guild who is level 80 something, seems really knowledgeable about stuff. Might want to ally them.

Lvl 80? yikes!

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm 63. It's not that crazy.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Zotix posted:

I added a couple of randoms. Egregious is a warrior I made just to grind blood and stuff, but I'll be removing anybody who doesn't noticeably contribute, in a day or two. If you're a goon and didn't contribute let me know so I don't kick you. Now that I figured out how to get blood like crazy we ought to start leveling regualrly - I left my main in elf 1 last night killing spartoi knights and when I looked again this morning I'd gained like 500 blood (not counting the 400+ I donated last night) without spending a single potion. Also I made like 100k gold.

Poon and I got enough bloods to hit 3 last night so I promoted you. We ought to do an adena or guild dungeon together today if we get 3 or 4 people online though, I desperately need the money.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

Zotix posted:

I'm 63. It's not that crazy.

I thought I'd been playing quite a lot, and i'm only 42. Highest lvl in Shine is vx who is only 48. I must be doing something horribly wrong!

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Roid666 posted:

I thought I'd been playing quite a lot, and i'm only 42. Highest lvl in Shine is vx who is only 48. I must be doing something horribly wrong!
He's got bluestack so he leaves his toon autofighting all night. I'm level 34 and I only have had this character for like 3 days, I could easily be in my 40s if I hadn't have made and abandoned a couple others first.

Doing all your quest scrolls and weeklies and dailies really helps a ton, do whatever you can to get those done before main-plot quests because the plot quests are level restricted and you'll end up stuck with your dick in your hand if you do them all too quickly and without rounding out the other stuff you can finish each day.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Ah i guess grinding all night would add up.

I've been hitting all my dailies and weeklies, but still hit the you must be lvl blah to continue. Luckily I've been very close to that level, so I've done a few quest scroll and that's been enough.

Level 80 still seems bonkers :)

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
One thing I only noticed yesterday is that during Hot Time in the elite dungeon 2, I was getting ~2500 exp PER KILL, between the 200-300 exp and 2000-2300 bonus exp. That adds up really fast and I imagine if you whaled a thousand or so red diamonds you could get a fuckton of exp really quickly doing that.

Level 80 does sound bnokers however I bet if you got two or three players together in a well-balanced group, they could auto-grind all night and get absolutely insane amounts of exp. When you're running around solo trying to get enough damage on mobs to kill them before someone else kills it, you get way, way less exp and adena.

One question, I noticed yesterday that when I was in elite 2 doing spartois, when my combo bar got over 200-400, I was pretty much getting a proof of blood drop on every single kill. Does combo meter affect drop rates?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'll be honest the cap is 120 and people will be hitting it soon. That was the first cap in Korea, they will like raise it to 250 in a month or two. The levels aren't the limiting factor its the gear. You want to start combing to try and get those rare before you sink resources into subpar equipment.

Suck-A-Sage
Nov 11, 2008

coyo7e posted:

One thing I only noticed yesterday is that during Hot Time in the elite dungeon 2, I was getting ~2500 exp PER KILL, between the 200-300 exp and 2000-2300 bonus exp. That adds up really fast and I imagine if you whaled a thousand or so red diamonds you could get a fuckton of exp really quickly doing that.

Level 80 does sound bnokers however I bet if you got two or three players together in a well-balanced group, they could auto-grind all night and get absolutely insane amounts of exp. When you're running around solo trying to get enough damage on mobs to kill them before someone else kills it, you get way, way less exp and adena.

One question, I noticed yesterday that when I was in elite 2 doing spartois, when my combo bar got over 200-400, I was pretty much getting a proof of blood drop on every single kill. Does combo meter affect drop rates?

Hot time gives 8x exp and 4x drop rate. It also costs like 1400 gems to recharge 90mins :(

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Suck-A-Sage posted:

Hot time gives 8x exp and 4x drop rate. It also costs like 1400 gems to recharge 90mins :(
Welp, apparently you can make 70-150 blue diamonds each, by auctioning upgrade scrolls and stuff so

Suck-A-Sage
Nov 11, 2008
The field bosses are a joke. Went to Silverbeard last night and there was probably 50+ other players waiting. Literally died within a second of spawning, I didn't even get an attack in. At least I still received it's core.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Suck-A-Sage posted:

The field bosses are a joke. Went to Silverbeard last night and there was probably 50+ other players waiting. Literally died within a second of spawning, I didn't even get an attack in. At least I still received it's core.

Well Silverbeard is like 20 levels below the average, and it also drops cores that everyone wants. So it's going to have the most players.

Suck-A-Sage
Nov 11, 2008
Is there anything stopping me from teleporting to the next boss up and just leeching loot? I think his core also gives patk/matk.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Suck-A-Sage posted:

Is there anything stopping me from teleporting to the next boss up and just leeching loot? I think his core also gives patk/matk.
Probably the fact the you claim you "literally" ate poo poo within 1 second of the last lower boss spawning, ought to be a sign you need to rethink your strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suck-A-Sage
Nov 11, 2008

coyo7e posted:

Probably the fact the you claim you "literally" ate poo poo within 1 second of the last lower boss spawning, ought to be a sign you need to rethink your strategy.

No, the boss died within 1s, not me.

• Locked thread