Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I am ready for my summer "I can only watch this when no one's around and I'll lie to friends and family about why I can't go out on Thursday nights to save the embarrassment" past time!

Please don't be racist, misogynistic, or intolerably terrible in some way I can't even think of, House Guests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I already hate Whistlenut. And I'll never learn his real name now.

A prepper?!?! Yay!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

For some reason that I can't justify i believe Raven's less full of poo poo than Cody.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ramses is trying really hard.

I think Cameron might be stoned.

I still think Raven's less full of poo poo than Cody, but im not buying her act either.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Don't do it, HGs! Twists are evil!

Of course sketchy mob dad did it. And then stripped to cover?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lol if you think you're getting Britney on a punishment twist.

Gonna be Frankie or SPOILER or someone terrible. A punishment for everyone.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mahoning posted:

gently caress that, I'd totally take that $25k. That's a lot of money.

I'm mad, but yeah. Wahts the worst they could do? Even if it costs you the game it's 3rd place money.

gently caress.... Paul. gently caress.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Megan's a super fan who saw everything Paul did and thinks he's loyal.

Someone gonna get Jodied.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh good. So the veteran is just made quasi HOH and given the power to immediately form a majority alliance by offering safety. Because it's not like the vet doesn't usually have a big cult of personality following anyway.

Boy I hope there's a fan vote too!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That couch/bed thing is terrible.

I'm already sick of Paul.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Learn to throw, Abbott.

It feels more appropriate to call her Abbott than Christmas. She has to have a nickname, right? Be like Whistlenut.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Generic American posted:

Welp, I officially love Alex. :allears:

I actually broke into a giggle fit. I'm not sure I've ever heard that sound from myself before.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I find Cameron and Jillian annoying in almost an equal number of ways, but this still a bum deal any way it goes.

Watch it be Happy Holidays.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I try to reserve judgement of HGs until past the "characters turned to 11" stage but Cameron seemed genuinely socially awkward with a bunch of really obvious ticks. He probably was less character and more bad player.

But it's still a shame he didn't get a chance to overcome it like Ian or Steve. Shame to sacrifice a noob to hand a veteran a ton of game leverage.

Oh look, a fan vote. I wonder who wins that.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jun 29, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

gif Probst posted:

Ian was going to be the first boot in 2014 until the coaches twist saved him.

True. I wasn't really saying it as some sort of extremely positive comparison. I actually don't think much of Ian or his win. I just meant that there's always some incredibly awkward nerd who makes a natural first bad impression and in recent memory two of them have managed to win. Hell, you could even look at someone like Vanessa as an example of someone who got off to a rough start and survived.

Point is the Big Brother game is a complicated gauntlet of social interactions, strategy, comps, and luck. And if you get booted within hours you didn't have a ton of time to get that going or correct your mistakes, so I don't like it. Didn't really like it when it happened to Jodi. Didn't really like it when it happened to Glenn.

Really, REALLY don't like it when its all done in the name of stacking the start of the game for a veteran.

And yes, I happen to hate that veteran too so that factors in.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its weird because I can remember four years ago that I was arguing that putting Elissa in with the MVP wasn't that bad because she was just a relative and there'd be time for others to win fanbases and while MVP was powerful it wasn't game breaking.

But this just seems silly. Its one thing to bring Paul in. I don't mind vets returning but 1 of them seems like it might give them a huge cult of personality edge. Then you give him safety from the first eviction. Then you let him give safety to half the cast so he can earn favors, form alliances, and build himself a lot of room for Week 2. Then you introduce a fan vote that seems favored for him that would make him safe for 3 weeks. At what point does Paul actually have to start playing?

It doesn't help that I just finished binging Over The Top which had its thumb on the scale hard for a single veteran. Now it feels like it might have just been a test run for Paul.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, of course. I mean, the odds were good that 1 out of 16 people would take the money when they were guaranteed they could do anonymously. I would have 100%. But there was definitely a Plan/Temptation B in place because Paul was going in there by hook or by crook.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They had to choose whether they competed in a comp or the HGs vote to decide which of them goes home.

Jillian chose vote, Cameron chose comp. Christmas surprised people by voting for a vote. Presumably she decided she had a better chance in a popularity contest against Cameron and Jillian than in an unknown comp.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Josh is totally Devin 2.0.

Josh wants to tell you something secret just between you two.

Be careful who you trust.

I know shes wearing a costume but I bet Nicole had that in her closet.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jun 30, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lol, yeah. I was curious myself until Josh decided to sabotage his game and bail Kevin out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

God drat, Josh. Way to lose your mind before you even got a bed.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh goody, an alpha male alliance. That's different.

Boy, Cody sure has a winning personality.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 30, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cody seems like the guy who is going to lose his poo poo as soon as someone betrays him or he loses control of the game. Two weeks of HOH right off the bat might be the worst thing that could happen to him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"I just don't like you that much."

He said that to a pawn.

This is a winning bunch of social players.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I wonder if Megan is actually doing something that both Josh and Cody had these seemingly bizarre reactions to her or is she just the older, slightly quirky "different" person who they're lashing out against.

Like, in any other situation I'd take it for granted that she must be doing something wrong socially to not have gained a ton of sympathy and first week safety from that Josh blowup. But Cody has such a deranged American Psycho "I will eliminate all the weirdos" vibe going that I'm not sure.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Somewhere Caleb is saying "tone it down, buddy."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I guess. It didn't seem as overt as Josh made it sound, it sounded more like she said "this sucks but we should probably get out one of those big guys". But still, not super smart in front of a big guy you don't know that well.

Still, I could understand Cody nominating her because that got around but would that be enough for "I just don't like you"?

Like I said, in any other circumstance if one person seemed to get on the bad side of two totally unconnected people I'd assume that that one person is at fault socially in some way. But Josh and Cody gave off such weird first impressions in that episode that it has me curious.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

She definitely gave off the vibe of someone who was a little too confident in her game smarts and interrogation skills and might overplay out the gate. It wouldn't surprise me.

If Cody appeared to have a soul and hadn't broken down the house between people he wanted to gently caress and people he didn't I probably wouldn't be giving her the benefit of the doubt.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to not trust the vet, especially if you had actually seen any of Paul's game and know he's a massive liar and rat.

But also I hesitate to praise the game strategy of a guy who made the age old decision of "I really want to team up with the most physically fit people and bring them all deep into the game when comps start to really get important." Who has that worked out for? Derrick? And he was the runt of the litter who brought Victoria into the F3.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Not to mention the old "I really want to get the awkward outsiders out early." Because, you know, in a game where social skills are key and decide the winner you always want to make sure to get rid of anyone with any quirks or social awkwardness and go with the most likable people.

Especially when you're clearly a well adjusted and charming individual yourself.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Vote Alex. Make Jessica's Head Explode.

Not for nothing, but isn't calling the little asian houseguest the name of the other little asian houseguest a little racist too?

For what its worth, here's Megan's explanation.
http://www.desertsun.com/story/life...arly/444830001/

quote:

In an interview with The Desert Sun Friday, Lowder shared the reason behind her decision to leave the house early.

“When I was stationed in Norfolk, Virginia, I was sexually assaulted and I got really bad PTSD from it,” said Lowder who served in the Navy.

“So in the house… I had a lot of guys yelling at me and attacking me and it started really affecting me and making my anxiety severe and I was starting to get physically ill. I was throwing up, I had diarrhea, I was nauseous all the time.”

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cody's a moron.

Alex is amazing.

For the good of the season all the cast should just agree to let Kevin host every POV competition.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

PREVIOUSLY ON BIG BROTHER...

Cody set fire to the world just to watch it burn.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I knew everything that happened there and I was still riveted to the screen!

My favorite part is Cody stuttering and whimpering when being asked by Christmas for an explanation.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fun Feed Fact #1: The reason Cody and Matt had to carry Christmas into the DR is because the medic refused to appear on camera. How did Christmas feel about this?

Christmas: Then why the gently caress is she working for this loving show?!

Fun Feed Fact #2: What were Cody's soothing words that he whispered to Christmas as he carried her in?

Cody: I can see the bone sticking out of your foot.

#SaveChristmas

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm totally not such a nervous wreck that I'm sick to my stomach a little.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

KEVIN!!!!!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Kevin was a swing that didn't seem to be going Christmas' way. That was a big get.

I'm still nervous.

I generally think they've done a good job with the edit so far and they clearly have no fluff and time constraints, but the show didn't capture how hard Christmas/Paul and Cody/Jess/Alex were working all these votes this week.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Christmas is Saved!

Mark messed up Jillian's name. Lol.

Fun Feed Fact: Mark has in the past talked about HGs named Mike and Carmen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

loving COCK A ROACHES!

• Locked thread