Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Let's see how matt votes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Mahoning posted:

Cody actually has a pretty good read on people. It's amazing then that he is so terrible at this game. Mostly because he's so obsessed with being the alpha rear end in a top hat.

You can tell he's gone through life with people saying "you're not...stupid" for like thirty years

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

code:
i am happy
i am satisfied

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Lmao @ Raven's diary room, what a mess

Everything besides that + Josh footage has been completely unwatchable though, nice work dedicating an episode to how cool and smart Paul is

Fat Lowtax fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 28, 2017

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

E A R S

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Say what you want about Josh's body, guys, he showed a pretty good 40 time running into the house and reading Paul's lines

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

Oh it's Matt.

I remember him, he's in the house!

I honestly feel horrible for all the white-dude-with-muscles casting alternates

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Welcome back, David and Danya!

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

drat, I was hoping for like a five person jury or some poo poo

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

I can't believe the Friday Bonus Episode is starring David and Danya.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

More butt stuff!

http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/11/big-brother-butt-poking-vagina-sexual-hijinks/

Jess was the worst butt-ruiner but it's pretty far out there to say there's a consistent code of conduct in Big Brother. A bunch of them did it with her, then it came back to the fore when they were looking for reasons why she's bad, as if those are that hard to find. Touching butts, racist jokes, creeping on girls, threatening violence: because of the environment they're in and because a lot of them are pretty messed up anyway, these things are all extremely cool when you do them or your buddies do them, and extremely bad when someone you hate does them. And of course the fans follow up on that mentality and try to ruin the houseguests' lives, get in flame wars with each other, dig up Jessica Butt Touching Defense Force archival footage from the live feeds etc.

One good thing for the HGs this year: not too many of them have jobs that hundreds of weird housewives can ring up and try to get them fired from.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

I really wish Elena didn't take $5k from Alex.

Why couldn't it be more :(

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Fat Lowtax posted:

I really wish Elena didn't take $5k from Alex.

Why couldn't it be more :(

I, uh, rescind that

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Why would she ask that? Why would he say yes?

Julie's interviews with Cody are like the only two good or memorable interviews she's had in a zillion seasons besides Aaryngate.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

A loving knockout comp

Kill me

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Imagine being in that house and thinking Mark and Elena are going to want to "hang out" with any of them

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

It's possible that I haven't made a mistake as bad as casting Matt for Big Brother in my life.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

I'm not so sure Paul would be bitter, I think he's at least as likely to go the other way and make a scene about how whoever got him out made the winning move and they absolutely deserve it and Paul Paul Paul. He was really messed up by how he lost in F2 last year to someone who he thought wasn't a player (I mean, she was, but I understand why he thought she wasn't) and I think he's too self-aware to do that to someone else.

The game will get harder for Paul as the house empties out (at a certain point it's almost pure competitions, you can always gently caress up a competition) but I do think there's a magic combination of people in there who would never talk to each other without him.

Fat Lowtax fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Aug 22, 2017

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Everyone is starting to plot their path to the end (with Paul)

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Schrodinger's Mark: the flip-flopping floater who was also in an alliance with the wrong people

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Alert, alert. We're getting to "Jessica threw her game away for Cody" territory. We all remember that great Jessica game that definitely existed.

Paul wanted Jason out before this week. Jason is a huge comp, jury, social etc. threat. But Paul is still closer to every single person in the house than Jason, maybe even Kevin. You know what would have been good for Jason? Making more deals. Winning less comps for "the house." Not parceling out his entire strategy to Alex. Those aren't mistakes that just started on Thursday.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

ToastyPotato posted:

He had no shot at winning if he kept playing stupid, sure. All he ever had to do going forward was have at least one other viable target in the house besides himself (and he had 1 in Paul, and discovered a second when everyone made it clear they found Kevin shady.) He opted to throw himself in front of Kevin after spending days, if not weeks, agreeing with various people that Kevin was a potential problem. The answer to being a massive target isn't to make yourself a bigger target. I mean it could work in a situation where you decide to show your cards to protect another hard player. A power duo is extremely dangerous at this point. But a floater who doesn't win comps? Awful move. Incredibly short sighted. If Kevin was another comp beast I would have had 0 problems with Jason's move. If Kevin suddenly starts cranking out wins then that was a hell of a gamble but totally worth it.

But right now Jason practically solidified 2nd place at best.

If you want to step into the alternate universe where Mark is on the right side of the numbers up to the endgame, you know what Mark looks like? Jason. Because Jason's a good people-pleaser who's never super-sure what to do in the game, so he just tells a bunch of weird lies when he gets in a bad spot. Which is pretty often, because guys like Mark and Jason, who are clearly likable and win a lot of comps, are threats in every season. When has the 6'3" ripped competition threat won Big Brother, or even looked like a serious contender? Victor's one of the first names that comes up in my head and he literally got evicted three times.

The bigger question re: Jason's HoH is who goes home if Alex and Jason are on the block together and both lose POV - that's where I think Jason could have hurt himself - but things can change and as much as you don't want to hear it Paul controls those votes in that situation. And he should always want to keep Alex over Jason. Jason has always been wishy-washy and Alex has always been 100%. How can you compete with that?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"Nobody set me up" lmao

Congrats on the tv time my man

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Sadly? I mean he kissed the same rear end you guys did but it's not like you ever talked to him.

ed: Ian was as much of a "bitter jury winner" as Lisa

Fat Lowtax fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Sep 1, 2017

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

This might be the best episode in BB history

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

They should put that hour of television in a capsule and send it into space or something, it was perfect

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Weird season, maybe not a good season, but man have the eviction interviews delivered. Normally I don't think they ever do?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Way to nominate the two Victorias

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Devil's advocate: if she put up Paul he would stay, and everyone else in the house would just spend the next week yelling at her for "playing personal"

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

I would love to see like a Republican pundit and a WWE guy I barely remember and someone from Destiny's Child play real Big Brother, but it will probably be the OTT/UK BB format :(

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

It must have been jarring for those people to see that fake trailer, where zombies were generally depicted negatively.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

People need to look at it through the eyes of the people in the house. If I am in there, I'd love to sit next to Paul at the end. Everyone knows he is already rich, already knows he can't manage jury votes, and doesn't have any emotional pleas like others do.

Talking behind Paul's back has been like banned in that house or some poo poo, and this is a game where it's completely par for the course to expect people to have fake kids, fake illnesses, be secret millionaires/secret policemen/secret millionaire policemen. There's the one big example, and it was a game example: Josh and Christmas wanting to keep Jessica (a dangerous competitor) ahead of Elena (an average competitor) because they thought Elena was a threat to their #1 position with Paul. Two people waffling about one eviction for two days, before staying the course, and it goes down in BB19 folklore because there has been so little gameplay. That's it. Nothing at all from Matt, Raven and Alex, and a couple moments from Jason and Kevin way back in the first couple weeks. They don't call him a rich kid or a midget or make fun of his stories or anything.

It's hard to find an explanation for the way they act around Paul that doesn't involve most of them having a deep respect for him.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

I think there's a hypothetical Alex who it would have made sense to keep, and then there was the real Alex who would be a huge risk to just bounce back to Paul and sell you out.

The "big group" was always bad for anyone who didn't want to go to the very end with Paul. Matt, Raven, Alex, Kevin and (in practice) Jason were just dumb numbers. And they showed nothing to make it look like they would be any different - maybe Kevin being genuinely catatonic is a bit of a surprise. If Josh didn't want this, I guess the move was there to be made earlier: throw everything you know at Jason, who at least wanted to be independent, or find a way to stop the Pagonging at Mark and Elena. And both of those things came with huge, huge risks for Josh or anyone, I just don't know what else was out there. No one could have just put up Paul and got him out with how the endgame was set up.

But it all worked out for him, didn't it? I think he's in a great position, I had no idea Paul actually wanted to take him to F2. He has a fair chance to win there (not 50:50, but not 0) and he has a fair chance to win the goofy questions and cut Paul at 3 like Steve did.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

I'm not sure if they laughed or they played their hearts out but they definitely cried, 1/3 is a great batting average

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

TyrantWD posted:

We need some thing other than what we have now, because if Paul gets to the final two and loses a jury vote you are sending a message to all future Big Brother contestants that once you make it as far as jury, you need to lay low and and pray that you get dragged to end by a better player, because if anyone in the jury finds out that you were successfully playing Big Brother you are going to lose.

Ian already won with that kind of jury, but he was a much more popular "fan character" than Josh (though Dan wasn't hated on a Paul level iirc). Derrick was the "mastermind" and he won, Vanessa had it locked up if she made it to F2.

Paul is pumping these people out of the house while showing very little empathy and trying to snow them in his goodbye messages when he knows they'll all talk to each other. You can have a tattooed trust fund manlet hector you for seven weeks and tell you who you can and can't talk to, but when the game's over and he's still trying to tell you things you know aren't true? I don't know, people have pride.

Let's be real, the BB game is kind of played out. I still think he'll win, but if he doesn't the winner will be another member of a "house" alliance who was on top from very early in the game, made very few decisions, let people take the heat and wound up in the right spot. This is a fine way to play, it's probably what I would do if my temper never got to me. But it's not entertaining. It's the kind of poo poo Matt was probably trying to do. And really, if Raven didn't "finish in second place in every competition" in the early game, we could be down to Paul, Matt and Raven.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

AHHAHHAHAHA

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

What kind of weird mirror universe Big Brother is this where Christmas doesn't even plead her case to the guy

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

No matter what circumstances you're given, you can give up at Big Brother at the final three

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

I don't know, I give friendship all the time when I'm in the business industry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

YESSSSSSSSs lmao

• Locked thread