Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Jessica using the Hex was incredibly stupid. Cody is not going to be winning the game, so let him take the fall and even if the house didn't hold up their end of the deal, you have a minimum of 14 more days before you can be evicted. Now there is a good chance she will be the next go if she still sitting on the block next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

Sexual Aluminum posted:

BB wants Jody to be the next outside the house couple so bad it's gross.

I think CBS' lawyers will be glad to see the back of them once the season is over. Cody is far too volatile to be worth keeping around. If you send Jody on The Amazing Race there is a fair chance that Cody will attack the cab driver that took them to the wrong place and got them eliminated. Jessica might have a future on an allstar season.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
I think Paul is headed for a swift and sudden exit.

As people start thinking about final four, and winning over the jury, they are going to take a shot at Paul after the veto is used and someone else was supposed to be the target.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Part of the reason things have been this easy for Paul was that the entire house (outside of Paul and Kevin) had broken up into ride-or-die pairs really early on. Even if Josh had this epiphany about Paul two weeks ago, it wouldn't make sense to act upon it. Why waste your HOH on Paul and leave another duo around to take a shot at breaking you up next week? Even if Josh had yet to figure out Paul, after Jason leaves is the first time he could really take a swing at getting him out of the house.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

Because if you know what's going on enough to want to take a shot at Paul, you should also know that Paul is allied with every single pair. In effect, they're all trios and he's part of all of them - and Kevin, the guy not really in a pair, has also been taking orders from Paul! That's why he's the most dangerous, that's why you'd want him out, and it's also why it'd always have been very difficult to get him out. To just think it's a bunch of equal duos and that Paul is by comparison a less powerful single is to simplify the facts down until they become harmfully misleading, and the idea that using an HOH on Paul, who is one of the most powerful figures we've ever had in the house, would be to "waste" an HOH is just downright absurd.

That's not to say it always made sense for everyone to target him, or that they always or ever could have successfully targeted him, of course.

Taking out Paul would absolutely be a waste for whatever duo was in power that week. Even if you were playing the game with full knowledge of what Paul's schemes are, its not beneficial to your short term survival to take out Paul over breaking up one of the ride-or-die duos. Paul has wielded a lot of power, but that has largely been down to the house crystallizing into these unbreakable pairs. If we had more normal alliances as in previous seasons, you could afford to take the shot at Paul and have allies to fall back on.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Josh's reaction to Paul is the single best moment in Big Brother history.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
I think we need to move to America voting for the winner from the final two. More and more it seems like bitter juries are going to give the win to the weaker player based on spite, and it discourages future players from fully playing the game. No one takes responsibility for getting played.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

ToastyPotato posted:

The problem with that is scenarios like this year where Jess and Cody were actually very popular with viewers. Letting viewers vote is terrible because most people will never watch more than the CBS shows and the a significant portion of the narratives shown there are incredibly dishonest due to heavy editing and omission. Also consider that due to this, viewers can be just as bitter as the jury. To see who would have won with a viewer vote, look to the winner of AFP.

We need some thing other than what we have now, because if Paul gets to the final two and loses a jury vote you are sending a message to all future Big Brother contestants that once you make it as far as jury, you need to lay low and and pray that you get dragged to end by a better player, because if anyone in the jury finds out that you were successfully playing Big Brother you are going to lose.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
I think it comes down to how Christmas voted.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Paul not winning just means he will return again.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
I know a lot of people don't like Paul, but if extremely bitter juries are just what we have to expect going forward, no one is going to play the game all that hard once we hit the jury stage.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

Fat Lowtax posted:

I wonder if Paul would have beat Christmas. I'm not convinced too many of the Josh-voters actually liked Josh that much, but he had a sincerity to him that must have looked extremely attractive lined up against Paul's friendship robot poo poo.

I think they were going to vote against Paul either way.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

I think the season was poorly cast. Then production exacerbated that problem by introducing a sole vet into the game and functionally handing him HoH and three weeks of immunity. All of that along with some randomness like Megan quitting, Cameron's immediate eviction, and Ramses' top-to-bottom bizarre eviction created a weird season. Paul still could have prevented things from going sideways and bears responsibility. But it was all bad.

Paul got to the end the only way he would have ended up in the final two, and Josh certainly didn't do anything to earn votes from Mark, Elena, or Cody.

I think we will definitely see a very different game in future seasons when all of the strategy and scheming takes place in the first few weeks, and as soon as jury begins, everything becomes largely competition based, with every eviction being a unanimous house vote.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

ToastyPotato posted:

Jury clearly gave Paul a chance to own up to his game, and he flat out didn't multiple times. But I would say getting blown up in the goodbyes might have done more damage. Is this a first? Losing because of goodbyes? Would be interesting to see if goodbye messages end up becoming an actual strategic part of the game going forward. Funny it took a fan to weaponize them.

If I remember correctly, not everyone's goodbye message gets shown, so unless the evicted houseguest chooses which messaged to listen to, I'm not a fan of letting production put their thumb on the scale that blatantly that late in the game.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
The only player from this season I see being invited back for all-stars would be Christmas. CBS is going to be thrilled to see the back of this entire cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

From the way they edited this whole season they'd probably love Cody and Jess back unless there's some kind of backlash against him winning AFP (which I don't expect there to be, but Audrey was speaking out against him mid season so there's a chance if she wants to make a thing of it). But I think Cody is probably glad to be done with it.

Josh and Alex are also pretty memorable characters and the kind that BB loves. They game and they make asses of themselves for the cameras. That's all BB really wants and they refrained from threatening to hit anyone or say anything racist. Josh being a winner puts him in a slightly different category though.

Jason was a hell of a competitor, likable guy, and top 3 finalist in AFP so he'd probably be on a long list.

Mark could probably be a contender if it wasn't for his anger issues and that he's basically a liability. Kevin probably did himself in on that towards the end too, even though he should be discounted for being a non-player.

This cast probably does as well for "potential returnees" as most recent seasons. The fan opinion is negative but that was mostly about Paul and its from a lot of the addicted people who will watch no matter what and (some who) just like to complain.

Cody and Alex are production liabilities. Sure, CBS has to sweep a lot of things under the rug every season, but bringing any of them back would get a lot of people to revisit things that were overlooked on the season of Paul dominating every aspect. Jody might have been a lock for Amazing Race, but I'm pretty sure CBS lawyers are going to nix any plan to send a violent bigot on a trip around the world. Jessica could return and serve as a proxy for Cody - or to get the scoop on their break up.

I can see Mark coming back, since Josh seemed to be a unique trigger for him, and you could probably trust him with Josh not being around. As a winner, and entertaining presence, we will likely see Josh return to host a "Who is the biggest meatball?" competition. I don't think the fans are going to look back fondly at any of the cast outside of Jody and Kevin, and no one outside of those 3 would draw viewers.

• Locked thread