Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It's hard to imagine people being mad at Paul for taking the temptation, as I don't think any of them would turn down 3 weeks immunity to being on the block. I think they will all have to admit that they would have taken it too.

Orange Sunshine fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
What's with those belts they're wearing around their stomachs? I've noticed them in multiple competitions. Are they all wearing them, some under their shirts?

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It's off-putting, which is why most of christianity doesn't do it.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

In general, as a religious person, I always tend to think that when religions get weird like that its often either them kind of trying to get insular and set up a dick measuring contest of how religious you are (which is a definite vibe I get off Dom) or its people losing their foot in "this world" and focusing way too much on "the next one."

I like my religion to be mostly about helping people.

So if you think God spoke to you and told you to open a soup kitchen, that's pretty cool and I don't care if it was God telling you to do it or just your own personal sense of charity. But if you're saying God told you who your enemy is in Big Brother then you've probably got a really self absorbed sense of what God gives a poo poo about.

“And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Verily I say unto you, they have their reward. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father who is in secret; and thy Father who seeth in secret shall reward thee openly".

The impression I get of Dominique is that she wants everyone to be impressed with how religious she is.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Robnoxious posted:

The best move no matter who gets HOH is to kill Christmas in July.
With the Halt Hex, Jessica and Cody get a free pass for 3 weeks.

No, she's only allowed to use it once.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I have no idea what's going on in the house, as I don't watch the live feeds.

But, if I were Jessica, I'd go around and ask every person in the house who they think I should put up, as a way of trying to create cracks in the big alliance that is against them. If asked the right way, I think some of them for sure would give an answer.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
This was the perfect time for Jessica to announce to the house that she won the temptation.

If not, she and Cody would have gone up for sure. But now, there's a very good chance that Paul won't put them up. He's smart enough to figure out that she's telling the truth about the temptation, and he's exactly the sort of person who wouldn't want to waste his HOH.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Why does Josh keep calling Cody and Jessica "meatballs"? The word doesn't seem to apply to Jessica at all.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Mahoning posted:

Jess is SO loving SALTY that Paul didn't buy her cryptic bullshit and she's gotta burn the Hex this early.

She's a dumbass.

She should have told Paul exactly what her power was, and he would have believed her, and not put her up, so as not to waste his HOH. By being so vague about her power, nobody knew what to think.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Why does Jessica want Alex out?

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Those conversations between Jessica and Cody made me like Jessica for the first time. I loved her speech where she says, "I don't want to be with a hothead who gets into fistfights". Cody's dimwitted "I AM ALPHA MALE ME DOMINATE LESSER MEN" attitude has run into the brick wall of the reality of the Big Brother game as he's failed utterly and realized he has no chance of winning. So we finally get Cody facing who he is, which is the guy who can't keep a girlfriend and isn't close to his family or friends because he's a huge dick.

I liked seeing a more human side of Jessica instead of her usual Queen Bitch persona, but I doubt she has enough self awareness to have learned anything from any of this.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
There's something I've noticed multiple times regarding Jessica and Cody. Somebody will be making a joke or something will happen that will make Jessica laugh. Because she's next to Cody, you see him, staring stone faced like a statue every time. Does he seem to have normal human emotions on the live feeds?

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Why is Josh so dead set on getting out Elena, when Cody and Jessica are vastly more likely to win competitions and the two of them both fought with Josh and tried to get him out of the house? It seems an odd choice for him.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Paul is the king of the house. Nobody can target him.

Yep, that was funny watching everyone too intimidated to put him up. Paul is utterly dominating this game. I figured at some point someone would take a shot at him, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

I assume Paul will drag stupid Josh to the end with him, and then get all the votes.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I just FFed through that episode.

Would have been painful if you couldn't fast forward through it.

I wonder how much they paid Derek to host that piece of crap.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Twin Cinema posted:

With Jody eliminated, I am realizing what I feared -- there's no one in the house that I am actually cheering for to win. Kevin is funny, but he doesn't have the same underdog appeal that Donny did. I think, just by process of elimination, I am reluctantly cheering for Christmas. From watching only the episodes, it seems like Paul is the obvious winner of this season, unless someone clues in to what he's doing.

I'm cheering for Paul to win, as he seems to be smarter and playing the game harder than everyone else put together.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
How has no one figured out that Paul is completely dominating the game?

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

Paul's going to make it to F5 or 4. That's been obvious for awhile. Thats when things are going to get tricky and he'll probably have to pull off some key wins or else he gets booted out like Vanessa or so many other big threats who only got so far.

If Paul makes it to the final 4 with Raven, Josh, and Christmas, he'll likely win every competition afterwards. Raven and Josh are dumb, Christmas isn't even allowed to compete most of the time.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It appears that Julie Chen was holding carpet samples during tonight's show.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So let me see if I can guess Paul's plan at this point. (I don't watch the feeds, but I doubt he's fully explained it to anyone anyway)

He wants to take out Jason this week, then Alex, then Kevin, and then probably Raven, leaving himself, Christmas, and Josh at the end.

He wants to win the next HOH, because he can't win at 5 people left anyway. He can't win at 5 because he knows he has to win at 4 or he will probably go home. He also will have to win at 3 or no one will probably take him to the end.

He's done a good job getting himself this far, and he's positioning himself to be left at the end with only people who aren't good at competitions. What I'm not sure of is if he would want to somehow sneak Kevin into the final 3 against him and Christmas instead of Josh. Kevin never comes close to winning anything. I'm guessing no, because I don't think Paul has any real influence over Kevin, whereas he probably thinks he might be able to influence Raven to keep him if she somehow won HOH at 4.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Fast Luck posted:

The only real risk to Paul right now is that he's prioritizing taking out blindly loyal followers like Alex and Raven over people like Kevin and Josh who are starting to get wary of him, but by the same token that may just allow Paul to win out on the comps.

Right, I don't think he has a choice. No matter how loyal people are during the early or midgame, once you get to the end everyone is looking at the money and trying to figure out who they can beat in a final vote. Nobody wants to sit next to Paul in a final 2, and he knows that, so once they're down to 4 people, Paul has to be able to beat everyone that's left in competitions.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Once again, Paul dominates the game.

And his plan worked flawlessly. Instead of putting up 2 people out of Paul, Christmas, and Josh, Alex puts up the two weakest most pointless people in the house, and I'm sure Paul had a hand in that. And Alex never for a second considered putting Paul up. Paul can now go back to Josh and Christmas and tell them that everything they did worked exactly as expected, even in the worst case scenario of Alex winning, Paul made sure none of them went home.

At this point I do not think Josh will target Paul if he wins. Alex is too big a competition threat, and Christmas is going to be ordering him to take Alex out.

With Alex probably gone, that will leave Paul, Christmas, Josh, and Kevin. They will all supposedly be targeting Kevin, but Paul probably takes Josh out if he can, leaving just him and two people who can't beat him at challenges.

Of course, Paul may have a hell of a problem with a bitter jury.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

That episode was a testament to the sheer power of will. Paul wasn't masterminding, manipulating, or puppeting anyone. He was just being a big enough stubborn rear end in a top hat that no matter how much Josh didn't like his plans or Alex was kind of uncomfortable with the idea of things they just went along with it because it was the best option available. Since Paul doesn't listen to anyone or consider their thoughts as equal to his it means you either go along with his plan that doesn't target you or your allies or you create a situation that could blow up in your face.

Its terrible and frustrating to watch and god willing it bites Paul in the rear end in the end.

Not only has Paul managed to dominate the house while convincing everyone there that other people are the real threats, he's also managed to convince the live feed watchers that he's not really in charge. He just somehow coincidentally has ended up with everyone in the house believing he's on their side and with no one ever putting him in the block.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

ToastyPotato posted:

It's actually been thoroughly explained how he got this far and how it probably wouldn't work in other seasons but people who apparently don't want to watch what happens in the house have themselves convinced Paul is literally a wizard.

Just for shits and giggles, here is the 100th explanation.

The house provided Paul with bigger targets than himself for essentially the first half of the game, if not further. Paul's gameplay, even last year, has him be very flexible and aware of which way the house is blowing, and with 3 showmances and 2 game duos, Paul had the unusual luxury of not only having multiple power couples to shift targets onto, but multiple duos to third wheel himself into. With everyone viewing Paul as the useful third wheel for their F3 dreams, and with multiple other couples in the house, there was never a good reason to waste a week targeting Paul, because he was one dude, and more importantly, every couple that was targeted was successfully busted up. Furthermore, Cody and Jess essentially ate up the first 1/3rd of the game being both the worst players and heavily protected by twists, which polarized the entire house against them, further protecting Paul. Paul also had 3 weeks of immunity as well, which were filled with the house wanting Cody and Jess broken up, so he didn't even have to fight for his life for the first month. Dom, Mark and Elena, each happily talked their way into being evicted, basically forcing the house to target them. Matt was awful at Big Brother and as part of the final showmance, he was a super easy target for the remaining 2 duos. Raven got seriously burned by Paul, but Josh hosed it up a bit by apologizing profusely when he didn't even vote her out or want her gone, so she might actually think Paul voted to keep her for now.

Alex has been super dumb, and so has Jason, but Alex has been working with Paul since before Cody first got evicted and as far as she knows he had never lied to her until this past week. Josh and Christmas have also been working with Paul for quite sometime. Josh very clearly sees through what Paul has been doing, but he also recognizes that he has directly benefited from Paul's actions up until now. It's hard to know what is in Christmas's head because they didn't really give her as much DR screen time as Josh. The best I can tell, from hearing her talk in general, is that she is worried about having to choose between Josh and Paul and wants to keep them on the same page for as long as possible, because she quite frankly needs them to get to the end and take her to F2.

As for not putting Paul up immediately this week? It is for nothing if Paul wins that veto, not only that, but Paul would definitely push for a tie vote to put more blood on Josh. Josh also can't compete in the next HOH and Paul can, and the odds of Christmas winning it would be super low. Granted, the veto that week is as important, if not more important than HOH, but Josh would have to be real confident to gamble solely on that veto. Paul wouldn't even have to win that HOH. Christmas could win and if Paul wins the veto Josh goes home. It also means the very real possibility Paul is definitely getting final 3, so even if Josh did survive next week, he would have to beat Paul in final HOH or definitely get 3rd place.

To me, it's like you're saying, "Bob didn't drive his car to California. He just pushed the gas pedal and the brakes and turned the steering wheel at convenient times, and luckily for him it turned out this took him where he wanted to go".

Paul has successfully convinced everyone in the house that he's their ally and that he's been working with them the entire time and is on their side. They trust him to the point where they throw competitions when he tells them to and where they never put him on the block. This is not an easy thing to do. Mediocre players try to make alliances with lots of people all the time, and get caught and then no one trusts them.

The game that he's playing requires him (probably) to win HOH/veto at the final 4 people and then again at the final 3, and so, what a surprise, Paul is going to the end with Christmas and Kevin who are very unlikely to win anything, and Josh who won't be allowed to play in the next HOH. It's not an accident that Josh won't be allowed to play in the final 4 HOH, Paul specifically set the situation up so he couldn't.

If he's not running the house then I'm not sure what running the house is.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It makes absolutely no difference who the HOH puts on the block when you're down to 4 people. Whoever wins the veto decides who's on the block and who goes home.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

On the bright side we saw with Alex how Paul's style of play burns people so there's always a chance he Hantz' himself. And Paul seems genuinely convinced he's played some benevolent game and not a totally snake one so he could potentially freak if someone calls him out even in the short BB Jury questions. And worst case scenario if he wins hopefully we won't have to see him again.

At least until All Stars 2 or Coaches 2 when we're cursed with Frankie and Paul.

Why do you dislike Paul? On the show, he doesn't seem to be unlikeable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if Christmas really has a chance in the unicorn competition. With her broken foot, I'm not sure how good she'll be at standing there hanging on to the rope.

• Locked thread