Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Interested, but if someone who hasn't done one yet wants in, they can have my spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
happy either way

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

89 posted:

Mixon went before me. I think he'll eventually do good. But I think it'll take a Gio Bernard injury. Gio has been one of the best receiving RBs in a long time. I think most realistically Mixon takes over Hill's role and hits Hill's numbers, perhaps a little over, with a better YPC. And I'm sure a few of you out there are familiar with how frustrating Jeremy's Hill's numbers have been against some of the best matchups.

You know Bernard's potentially going to be out the first few games of the season, right? He's still rehabbing his ACL from last year and who knows how he comes back from that. If Mixon performs well before Bernard is back, I wouldn't be shocked if he takes a good bit of the passing down work. Mixon really has the potential to be a feature back there.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Ben Nevis posted:

As the guy who drafted him, I think so there's a shot. He had 1000 yards on the Browns and I feel like that has to improve with the Skins.

2nd year in the position, joining a team that's gotta replace ~200 targets after losing Garcon and Jackson and playing with a better QB than he had last year are all great reasons to think he's due for some improvement.

On the other hand, he's not going to see 25% of the market share like he did last year.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Figure I'll get caught up on my picks:

1.02- LeVeon Bell- I'm predisposed to Zero RB, but when I've been getting a top 2 pick, Johnson or Bell is basically irresistible. I have slight concerns that the Steelers offense may take a step backwards this year, due to the caveman they've got behind center, but hopefully Bryant's reinstatement pays off and this is the combined attack we've waited years to see. If Bell can stay healthy and off the weed, then he's setting records this year.

2.11- Amari Cooper- I'm a believer that this is the year Cooper genuinely replaces Crabtree as the top target in Oakland. It's also a matter of the other WR options here: Dez has been plagued by nagging injuries for (it seems like) a couple seasons now and at 28, I'm not enraptured by the idea of grabbing him here. I also think Dallas is probably due for a step back this year with the changes on their line. Nuke Hopkins was definitely an option, but I don't like the idea of Tom Savage throwing to any of my WRs for any number of games. Keenan Allen was absolutely in play, but I'm somewhat hesitant to take any LAC WR until we get to training camp and see how things are shaping up. I figured if I took Cooper I could get Allen or Watkins in the third and was happy with that possibility.

3.02- Sammy Watkins- I guess I really like youngish WRs who could be poised to make that next step. This revision surgery on his foot (like Julio had to have) will hopefully give him a full 16 healthy games this year and if he gets that I think he's a top 10 WR. The Bills basically can't pass less than they did under Rex Ryan and I'll buy into the "chip on the shoulder, prove something" narrative with this being a contract year.

4.11- Jordan Reed- I'm pretty sure I'm going to way too overexposed to Reed this year. I keep finding myself in the late fourth looking at my other options and not really buying any of them as better on per-game basis. I won't draft a QB here and I feel like I can get my guys at WR and RB later on. This will almost certainly bite me in the rear end in mid-late October when Reed gets his bell rung, does his best Aikman in a Madden commercial impression and retires early, but as a Washington fan, the chance that he stays healthy and plays a full 16 is just too tempting.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

5.02 - Golden Tate I'll happily take Golden Tate as my third WR in half PPR. Three straight seasons of 90+ catches in Detroit and in terms of additions to the team, he shouldn't be worried about losing market share.

6.11 - C.J. Anderson People (Cecil Lammey doesn't count) forget he was really good last year while he was healthy. The risk of Charles really eating into his workload is legitimate, but I think it's probably overstated. Anderson will make a for a solid part of my RB2 platoon, with serious upside if he ends up with a feature back level of touches.

7.02 - Pierre Garcon Other 49ers wide receivers: Marquise Goodwin, Bruce Ellington, DeAndre Smelter, Jeremy Kerley. Brian Hoyer is competent enough and that relatively short, over the middle stuff in a Shanahan offense is where he and Garcon are going to earn their paychecks. Garcon's ceiling is really nice and his floor is really stable, purely on volume. Maybe I'm a round or two early, but he's a great WR4.

8.11 - Theo Riddick Probably a little bit early again, but I think his floor is 50 catches and the Lions like to pass. There's some talk about Abdullah not getting goal line looks, which I guess would go to Zenner, but could just as easily be short passes to Riddick coming out of the backfield.

9.02 - Kareem Hunt Could end up being the starting Andy Reid RB. Spencer Ware had some great games last year while he was healthy, but just might not be cut out to have that kinda workload. Hunt could end up having the best rookie RB season of his class.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

10.11 - Duke Johnson - My RB stable is complete(probably). Johnson's pass-catching upside in an offense that just can't be worse than last year (right?) and potential to take more work if Crowell goes down/in losing game scripts makes for incredible value in the 10th.

11.02 - Phillip Rivers - I hate drafting a QB, but Rivers in the 11th is pretty silly. Last year, missing Keenan Allen and behind abysmal line play, Rivers was the QB 14. The Chargers have spent significant resources to shore up the line and River's weapons should be improved/healthy this season. Losing Woodhead as a safety blanket doesn't help, but all the early news from OTAs is extremely positive. Rivers could quite reasonably be a top 12 QB this season. I did consider holding out and seeing who was still available in the 12th, but given that some folks are drafting backup QBs, I figured Rivers now was the safer option.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

poo poo, I have to draft a d/st?

Pretty sure MFL won't force you to draft a valid starting roster, but I think from a mock draft perspective it's more useful to do it than not. IIRC ESPN will force you to draft a valid starting roster. Not sure about Yahoo or other services.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Justin Houston back and healthy, KC should be pretty solid

• Locked thread