Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm in. No pms, but I'm mycoats at yahoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Veritek83 posted:

happy either way

Yeah, I was anticipating best ball, but I'd do an extended mock.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

I'm a bit sad to be in the back end of the draft again, but honestly I hope it's where I'm at in my drafts anyway. But if anyone wants my spot, let me know and we can swap. (12)

You're not going to trick me.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

How am I trying to trick you? :shrug:

I see you back there greedily eyeing my 11 spot.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
There's definitely a case to be made for Howard as RB4 off the board. I wouldn't worry about that too much at all.

For my first round analysis I drafted AB because the top 3 RB were gone and duh.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Yeah, I had Murray queued up too.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I think he'll be good, but I don't have him that high. He's a rookie who had some injury issues last year. You can easily see a case where Ivory gets 3rd down work or even goal line carries to help Fournette ease into things.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Rotoviz has a good article on why Dez might be a trap. Specifically his targets per game have been trending down, he hasn't been terribly efficient with those targets, and there isn't really any reason for that to change. In other words he's being drafted at his ceiling even though there's a solid chance he ends up as a WR2 like last year.

It's real hard to say. Part of me looks at his missed 3 games last year, early in the season that might have kept him from getting on board with the young QB quite as much, and thinks he can rebound. If you take his YPG and figure over 16 games he still doesn't hit 1k yards though. I'm probably drafting him, but I don't think I'd feel great about him as a 1.

And I feel like I have a lot to answer for with Gurley and Miller back to back. Mostly I looked at the list and thought I had a decent chance of acceptable WRs when it came back. I dunno, maybe I should have grabbed a WR here, but I'm hesitant about Allen or Robinson or Cooks here and I feel like the RBs give me a solid (if unspectacular) floor. Obviously, I'm hoping for a bit of return to 2015 from both. I'm not really feeling great about these and 3 picks in this feels like a team that winds up about .500 and either doesn't make the playoffs or craps out early. Naturally, I'm hoping I can right the ship a bit and try and nab some higher ceiling guys later.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
You look at that QB situation and the passing game and think that Hyde really is going to get as many touches as possible.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

jabro posted:

Are we really living in a world where Terrelle Pryor goes in the 4th round?

As the guy who drafted him, I think so there's a shot. He had 1000 yards on the Browns and I feel like that has to improve with the Skins.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm happy to be rolling out Crabtree as a WR3. I've loved this guy since he beat Texas. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjI1Cub_ofo

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

I took Edelman. He is still listed as the #1 WR on the New England Patriots. Am I missing something? I toyed with a couple other WR1s still on the list but I decided this was just too much value for the mid fifth round.

I like the pick. Cooks having a higher ADP than Edelman is a bit of an oddity to me.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm sad Perkins was grabbed before it got to me.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

Perkins doesn't have a lot of competition and he did show flashes behind a garbage line. He went high for my tastes, but I can see the appeal.

Yeah, I reviewed and his stats were worse than I recall. He did well at the end of the season when he was lead back and I feel like his opportunity is better than most. I might bump him down a bit.

I feel like Gore is just like super old and is bound to crash hard.

Gilly, well, he has a shot at Blount-like numbers from last year. Uncertain floor, but that ceiling...

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

6.12 Eddie Lacy
7.01 Doug Martin

I'm just rounding out my starting lineup, here. I need a middle-of-the-round RB2 and some depth. These guys are starters, currently, and their teams are going to move the ball

Dang it. I was really hoping one of the two made it back to me.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

My number one rule is don't be afraid of going against the grain of conventional wisdom. I'd rather be wrong because I made a bad choice then be wrong because I went with a consensus that I'm not behind. It's a hard rule to adhere to though. Last year, group think cost me Hunter Henry in dynasty and it still bothers me.

That's Matthew Berry's #1 rule too.

That being said it's a good rule.

I realize I'm on the clock, so I think I forgot to save pre-picks. I might not be able to get to this until this afternoon. Sorry for the delay y'all.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

I only adhere to the posted rankings. Thats why I end up with the top kicker in the 9th round every year

Well, yeah. For kickers you gotta do that.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

89 posted:

I gotta hit on one of these old guys, right?

Yeah, maybe.

I'd say I'm happy with Kelvin. His catch rate and y/r were up last year compared to 2014. So that's a plus.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

The adp list is crammed full of QBs and rookies and WR/RB 2s/3s, so maybe I'm reaching, but: blount is in my opinion probably the starter all season and after that RB run we just had, I'm not waiting. At the least, I think he gives me a safe floor when he's healthy which is what I want in my third slot.

I'm less sure that he's the RB1 all season, I feel like that's going to be somewhat of a committee, but there's a solid chance Blount is a 2 down and goal line back there, and I think he's a pretty solid pick here.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
For Coleman, he was good before injury last year, and someone has to catch the ball in Cleveland. I think he's got some real upside.

Of the QBs left, Stafford finished 2nd last year, and that's only because of Dak's rushing TDs. I don't think you can rely on that this year. While less exciting than a young guy, I like Stafford.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

I was a bit nervous about waiting too long on my third receiver. Between Decker and Shepard, I think my team has rounded out beautifully and I really like the make up of my roster.

I don't know what to do with Shepard. After a promising year 1, I'd be all over him if it weren't for the Marshall acquisition. And to a lesser extent Engram. I feel like his value last year was mostly because he overproduced on TDs and those opportunities might dry up.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I feel like Matthews is a pretty good guy here especially if you're wanting some floor. I don't feel like he just explodes, but he seems in line for reasonable production and a few standout games.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Yeah, I'm in favor of Kenny Britt. He got 1k yards last year and Cleveland produced a 1k receiver. No reason to think he can't do it this year and the price is right.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If I hadn't gotten Cam I would have gotten Jones.

If he hadn't gotten Jones I would have.

I'm a little waffly on Kamara. Some people were talking him up in the main thread so what the hell. Not loving RB now, but I'm fairly content otherwise.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

VietCampo posted:

Man if Teddy returns this season, i doubt it'd be much more than a backup role honestly. That is unless Bradford gets hurt, which is a very real possibility.

Yeah, but Samuel Bradford anagrams to Durable Farm Sod, so he seems pretty sturdy to me.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
On Rawls, if Eddie Lacy struggles (injury/Golden Corral) Rawls has some pretty great upside.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

I had to hedge my running back bets. I still have four pretty strong receivers, but I also think there are more worthwhile running backs in the middle rounds and receivers are easier to find.

I'm treating this like an actual mock draft. That means I know I'll find at least one WR3 on the WW during the regular season. :v:

Yeah, I'm debating here. At 5 WR, I'm feeling pretty good. I like my top 4 and I like the upside of Coleman. Normally playing 3 WR, I'd finish with one more WR than RB, but with my RB situation feeling shakier, I might opt to go there if I feel there's a good one. There's probably not.

And yeah, absolutely like the Wallace pick here.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I don't normally draft a 2nd QB, so I feel like 89 may have tricked me into taking Dak. That being said there's a chance he's better than the guy I have.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Is KC Def still good? I feel like they may be. Whatever, I'm drafting them anyways.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Just as a recap:

The ADP kept throwing me and I'd expect guys to fall farther. Generally, I think I should have paid more attention to the guys after me on the short side. There was at least twice where I expected a guy to come back and he didn't, and looking at it after the fact it should have been obvious.

The 2 big things I regret are taking a QB so early. If I knew Dak would last so long I'd have just waited and grabbed an RB instead of Stafford there. The 2nd is Alvin Kamara. Like who knows whether he'll be good or bad but I might have been better served by taking Johnson or Forte in that spot. Oops.

When it's all said and done, I think my team's fairly solid. The disappointing spot is RB, where Gillislee is the only guy I really like, but I think Miller and Gurley will produce though won't be exceptional and I like the upside in Gillislee and the potential in Rawls late. I like the WR corps and feel they represent some solid scoring with some potential to be great. Punting on TE was a conscious decision and I'm OK with riding it out.

Looking over the teams this morning, the big question I had was for Leper. Why go so short on RB? Was that a choice or just the way the cards fell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'm happy with the practice I got. I think I like my team. There's a lot of A+ talent (David Johnson, Tom Brady, DeMAyrius Thomas, Dez Bryant, Jamison Chowder). There is a glaring hole in TE if Doyle nor Bennett pans out. And I need to hit on one of my RB2s (Lacy, Martin, Perine, and some other weirdos). Overall, I think it went exactly how I wanted: Front load with talent, then worry about stuff that isn't quite as important).

Yeah, I liked this draft. I think Lacy is at least a volume play until Martin is back. He may be better than that, so I feel like that plays out well.

• Locked thread