Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Declaring my intention so hard right here

These are so much fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Wait was best ball league mock?
I am cool with a snake draft

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This is not a redraft league. It's a mock draft. The question is whether or not we're drafting as if it was a mock draft for a redraft league, or a draft for a best ball league. You won't be choosing players or doing anything else.

Roster: 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST

Option 1: 14 Rounds (5 Bench Spots)
Option 2: 20 Rounds (Best Ball League Style)

My preference is Option 1.

I have no preference.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Chen Kenichi posted:

I do not know about the leagues everyone else will participate in this year, but most of mine are dynasty style or full keeper choice leagues. I prefer the best ball based on the longer draft of 20 rounds since the later rounds have relevance for me. No problem with a normal mock since I do have at least one of those as well (ARGH GOONTIER RELEGATION), just my preference off of what I got.

FFC, my goony friend. Dynasty mocks.

Edit: I guess I could have said "my n***a, have you tried FFC"

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jun 27, 2017

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
When do we start?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Draft is starting July 1 at 8 AM EST. Timer is 12 hours. Anyone who wants to swap their draft position is more than welcome to request it.

I like #1, but if someone desperately wants it because they have a draft coming up soon and they are first pick, I'd be happy to switch to whatever.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Welp, it's yours.

YOU DON'T OWN ME! I'M GONNA TAKE 24 HOURS TO MAKE MY FIRST PICK

realpost: I've auto-loaded DJ

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
It's underway!!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Uh-oh, something got borked?

quote:

2017 Goon Slow Draft II Draft Update

Pick 65.11:
Franchise 8 selected
Comment: Timer Expired. No players available to auto pick

Pick 65.12:
Papa Goose selected Gilmore, Stephon NEP CB
Comment: Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

Pick 66.01:
Papa Goose selected Olawale, Jamize OAK RB
Comment: Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Oh, poo poo, I'm up! Sorry for taking so long, I didn't anticipate the draft getting back to me for at least a few more days

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
1.01 David Johnson:
Tier 1, catches a billion passes, slightly less injury history

2.12 Dez Bryant:
What the living drat? Shame on all of you

3.01 DeAndre Hopkins
Alright, you all redeemed yourselves by how extremely slim the choices were by round 3. I feel there are better odds in passing on an early RB2 and just getting a buncha RB3s, so I took the WR that I felt had the best skills to make top 12 while staying healthy(since my wr1 is injury prone)

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jul 3, 2017

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

89 posted:

How many spots does each position play? 1 flex?

This is a great question, I'm having a lot of trouble finding the positional requirements

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLX, 1DST

I should've figured it out when you said "same as before" as LITERALLY THE FIRST SENTENCE OF THE OP.

I'm drunk and stupid, though.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Again a slam dunk end of round pick, followed by slim pickens

4.12 Tom Brady. Color me shocked that he fell this far. Father time will catch up with him, but with the improvements NE made to its offense, it won't be this year

5.01 Jamison Crowder.
Gosh, so slim. I only have 1 RB, but he is the top RB, so I think I'm gonna take a chance and bounce the ~10 or so RBS I like back to the end of the 6th round. Crowder is poised for a breakout year, and I think he's a notch above the other WRs (except Crabtree, debated between those two). Looking back, I think I needed a dependable WR3 because of my other two (Dez, DeAndre)... so I think Maybe I shoulda gone Crabtree.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

jabro posted:

Davis Carr

Intentional double fail?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

89 posted:

Why is everybody so high on Perkins? Guy didn't show anything last year.

*cough* There's much better starting RBs on the board stil *cough*

Giants have repeatedly shown they back him and have brought in no one. He was unimpressive last year for sure,
But looks like he'll get the volume unless he implodes.

Could someone please explain the Coleman love in the fifth round? Even Larry Johnson circa '05, the most valued backup rb I can ever recall, lasted til 6-7

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
6.12 Eddie Lacy
7.01 Doug Martin

I'm just rounding out my starting lineup, here. I need a middle-of-the-round RB2 and some depth. These guys are starters, currently, and their teams are going to move the ball

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm the first person to say that ignoring consensus values for your own personal rankings is perfectly acceptable. It's something I routinely do, no matter how hard it is to ignore the compulsion to simply follow what THE SHEET tells me to do.

I only adhere to the posted rankings. Thats why I end up with the top kicker in the 9th round every year

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
It's also why I end up drafting 4 defenses

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Sataere posted:

Maclin went much earlier than in the first goon slow draft. I'm giving you guys too much information!

No need to worry: The reason Maclin went later was because he was on the chiefs when he was picked in that first draft, iirc

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 9, 2017

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Sataere posted:

Cutting Maclin is why the GM was fired.

Well, sort of. Dude had a lot of faults, especially when it came to salary cap management
http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2017/06/23/roundup-of-all-theories-behind-chiefs-release-of-john-dorsey/

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Hmm I didn't realize that Maclin dropped all the way to 155th overall in that first draft. That must have been because he didn't have a team

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
8.12 Samaje Peerine or whatever
The only remaining RB I kinda like. I have Doug Martin and Eddie LAcy as my RB2 committee, so I desperately need to try to shore that up. If fat rob starts fumbling, the job is perine's to loe

9.01 Jack Doyle
Way early, but I seriously hate all of the remaining TE's besides Doyle, whom I really like. All my other positions are pretty bricked up, so I decided I would rather reach then play the odds in exchange for like an RB5 or a WR I'm never going to start

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jul 10, 2017

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Diqnol posted:

As an Eagles fan I'm avoiding him like the plague

Interesting. Care to state your reasons?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
10.12 Martellus Bennett
Need another TE lottery ticket to compliment Jack Doyle. My choices were Bennett, Kyle Rudolph, and a bunch of rookies. As we all know, rookie tight ends never hit, and I feel super uncomfortable betting on Minnesota's offense. Bennett slides into a great offense with a QB who knows how to utilize his TE in the red zone. Now, admittedly, there was the same exact hype when Jared Cook joined the PAckers last year. However, Bennett runs rings around Cook in terms of Skill.

11.01 Joe Williams
I don't know, man. I had to rush to get this pick out for work. There is ample debate raging as to whether Shanahan's hand-picking of Williams in the draft will lead to significant playing time, or if this is just a phantom narrative made up by journalists to sell a story. Still, if Hyde goes down, which he usually does, Williams has only the ancient Tim Hightower ahead of him.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
:captainpop:

If the anagram fits, you must tenth round pick

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Veritek83 posted:

Pretty sure MFL won't force you to draft a valid starting roster, but I think from a mock draft perspective it's more useful to do it than not. IIRC ESPN will force you to draft a valid starting roster. Not sure about Yahoo or other services.

Yahoo does. I'm fairly certain FFC does, as well.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ben Nevis posted:

Is KC Def still good? I feel like they may be. Whatever, I'm drafting them anyways.

Wait, what? They're still on the board? Dangit, I took Denver because they were the top listed D remaiing and I just ASSUMED that KC had gone

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Cervixalot posted:

McFadden is an awesome end of the roster lotto ticket. If Zeke gets suspended as is rumored, he has immediate plug and play RB2 value in Dallas, and/or trade value to the Zeke owner who may be on tilt.

That was a smart pick

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Had a blast. Thanks for organizing this Beer!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

I do, but I think I should keep free to make sure the goon fish bowl goes smoothly.
Why aren't you in it? We have two more spaces left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'm happy with the practice I got. I think I like my team. There's a lot of A+ talent (David Johnson, Tom Brady, DeMAyrius Thomas, Dez Bryant, Jamison Chowder). There is a glaring hole in TE if Doyle nor Bennett pans out. And I need to hit on one of my RB2s (Lacy, Martin, Perine, and some other weirdos). Overall, I think it went exactly how I wanted: Front load with talent, then worry about stuff that isn't quite as important).

• Locked thread