Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Did it last year and would like to do it again but no PM. If you can hook me up using last year's info great, if not then oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Hah figures gmail locked me out of the previous email I used. I did update the account info yesterday though so l should be good to go. Kenichisan at gmail is the new one.

I am the biggest thorn in Beer's side when it comes to these!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
No problems, and all set up without issues this time!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I do not know about the leagues everyone else will participate in this year, but most of mine are dynasty style or full keeper choice leagues. I prefer the best ball based on the longer draft of 20 rounds since the later rounds have relevance for me. No problem with a normal mock since I do have at least one of those as well (ARGH GOONTIER RELEGATION), just my preference off of what I got.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Swap me around as needed/wanted. I got no preferences I will draft the best* team from any position.

* - Best is a relative term here and could mean the best worst team, but I guarantee it will be the best of something

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
It appears like we have begun the long crawl toward finishing a slow draft

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Three picks in less than 12 hours? This is a slow draft!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Drunk Nerds posted:

Uh-oh, something got borked?

I got it too. Doesn't appear to have affected anything. Slow draft on.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I really wanted Mike Evans at 1.07, but I looked at how I thought the RBs would go and it appeared there would be no good targets at 2.06 if I did draft him, leaving me to possibly struggle for at least one known RB to depend on. Melvin Gordon was a safe pick getting me a top class RB to anchor that position group.

2.06 left me with Amari, Thomas, and Dez to fill a needed WR1. Going Thomas since he already has an established floor from last year, and with Cooks off to NE he takes over the WR core with a solid second WR in Snead to relive a bit of coverage pressure. Strong floor with a high ceiling? This is what a WR1 is.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Sataere posted:

I planned on saving QB until much later, but I really didn't like the value at WR or RB. I already had Cooks and Nelson, and not really sold on Hill. The RBs remaining were not worth a fourth. So I took my highest rated QB.

This was me after you took Luck. Brees is pretty much a lock top 5 QB and the points structure commands a top QB. I felt like I could miss out on the top tier if I waited until next round so while they are available I grabbed one.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Oh so that is trashy. My phone was giving me alerts for every draft pick up until the Crabtree pick. Never knew I was on the clock. Would have chosen someone different and Cook was not on my radar. Whelp!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
To go over my last couple of picks -

3.07 - Jarvis Landry. PPR machine, probably not a lot of TDs. Should get solid and consistent production. A normal WR2 in this scoring scheme.

4.06 - Drew Brees. Gave my thoughts already. Top 5 QB consistently. Set it and forget it.

5.07 - Dalvin Cook. Since I auto-drafted him I did some checking around and he will start off as the Vikings RB1 with Murray recovering from injury. If he can keep it this might be a sneaky good pick in hindsight, but I don't trust it as rookie RBs tend to take a bit of time to learn pro pass block schemes which may lead to some bench time.

6.06 - Paul Perkins. Low competition for him being RB1 on the Giants. Gore's age and mileage bothered me. CJ Anderson, Bilal Powell (my second in line), Eddie Lacy, Mike Gillislee all appear to be in hot hand time shares. Doug Martin was also considered but I chose a bit safer in case early on Cook gets the same treatment Perkins got in his rookie year. Next round if any of the mentioned did make it to me I would have heavily considered drafting them but we got ourselves a big ol' RB run!

I generally don't take ADP too much into consideration when drafting other than 'do I believe this player that I want will 100% make it to me in the next round based on how he as been historically drafted?' Worked for me to this point for fantasy so sticking to it!

Drunk Nerds posted:

I only adhere to the posted rankings. Thats why I end up with the top kicker in the 9th round every year

CHRIS loving HOPE

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

If this were the first week of September, I'd only draft one QB. But it's July; if you only draft one QB, you could wind up having to grab a free agent before the season even begins.

Maybe I'm not mock drafting properly, I dunno. It's OK though, you all play in other leagues and you certainly have at least one league taco who drafts two QBs, right?

This is me, I am the taco.

vvv JERK. I had Brown ready to grab. Instead ended up with Enunwa because someone has to catch a pass or two even on a horrible team, right?

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jul 10, 2017

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Yessir backup QB time. And why Big Ben is being drafted so low when he has arguably the #1 RB and #1 WR in fantasy is beyond me. Maybe the ADP hasn't adjusted back to normal since his 'considering retirement' stuff? In any case more than happy to do this here considering the scoring system as a just-in-case.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Diqnol posted:

Rivers was my next pick!!

Rudolph is going to be a pretty decent TE this year, probably TE7 or so.

If Bradford is the QB the whole year then sure, but Minnesota wants Teddy to be QB and if Teddy somehow gets the job Rudolph drops into mid TE2 territory.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Sataere posted:

I get being low on Latavius Murray. I'm honestly not a fan. But really? He falls to the 11th round on a team whose head coach hates rookies? Thanks, I guess. :shrug:

He was my next pick to handcuff Cook when he got drafted. I know how rookie RBs can go, but so far reports on Cook seem positive toward him being a 3 down possibility. I kinda need it to go that way now not getting Murray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I really considered taking a defense in the 12th round but decided to wait because we had three more rounds to go........what? You are saying we only have two rounds to go? Oops.

Still got the Patriots who play the Jets twice so they will be top 10 just off of those two games.

I was really hoping Rishard Mathews would go under the radar as even with Decker and Davis he is gonna get fat on Mariota targets.

• Locked thread