Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm cool with either.

So we'd be setting lineups and such?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'll put in a vote for best ball

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So it won't track any points to see how we did at the end of the season?

I mean, I know it's just for fun but it was telling for me to see the league I drafted for (this one) in freakin June last year out did all of the ones I did in August.

Mostly cause I was forced to stick with my players but ya know lol

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Diqnol posted:

Nevis you're up!

It hurts to take Zeke as an Eagles fan.

I would have skipped him.

Yay, Julio.

It's funny how last year was ANTONIO, ODELL, AND JULIOOOO with the first 3 picks. Now it's complete opposite with BELL, DAVID JOHNSON, ZEKEEEE....oh hey, what's up WR fam.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Leaving me a rough choice in the 2nd depending on the next pick

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
FUCKER

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I had Murray next as my definite pick.

Soooo, I'll be pairing Julio Jones with Doug Baldwin. I was torn between him and 2 other WRs. I feel any of the rest of the RBs after Murray is a reach in the 2nd round.

Doug Baldwin has been Mr. Dependable as a fantasy WR for years now. Russell Wilson's favorite red zone target. Also, he's PFF's #1 rated WR if that means anything to anyone.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I want Shady, beyond obvious reasons. But I knew he wouldn't be there.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Fournette in the 2nd, lol. I know he was a beast amongst men in college, but that Jacksonville o-line is baaaaaaad, bad, bad.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm already getting way too stressed out for a draft that isn't for any money.

Also, that time in a draft where you've got like 3 guys you want, and you hope the 2 guys in front of you make the decision for you.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Well, that was a tough pick. But I went with my gut and selected....

Alshon Jeffrey.

Was either him or Brandin Cooks. I think Cooks is gonna do great, but fantasy wise, Brady still distributes that ball all over the field. There is also the issue of being in a new system, but the Patriots system is very difficult to pick up. Where as, Wentz has been very attached to Alshon all of OTA and has loved testing his down the field ability. They also seem to be a match made in heaven.

It may not be smart to go so heavy on WR this year as RB is a little tough and there's a lottt of depth in WRs.

But, on the same note, it's gonna be personally difficult for me to pass up on Alshon this year :allears:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
This is kind of the fun part of the draft.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
How many spots does each position play? 1 flex?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Sweet, didn't think he'd fall to the end of the 4th.

Marshawn Lynch.

Yeah, he's old and took a year off. But he's coming behind one of the best o-lines. I don't particularly think Latavius Murray is that good, but somehow the Raiders still got him 12 TDs last year. So even Lynch at 3/4th what he was, I don't see how he doesn't hit AT LEAST Murray's numbers from last year. Lynch has also looked great in the offseason and Jack Del Rio is pumped up about him. Also throw in the fact that Lynch came back to play for his childhood favorite team. Can't think he's not especially motivated this year to give the Raiders all he has.

I think Lynch is a steal at the end of the 4th, despite circumstances.

Mixon went before me. I think he'll eventually do good. But I think it'll take a Gio Bernard injury. Gio has been one of the best receiving RBs in a long time. I think most realistically Mixon takes over Hill's role and hits Hill's numbers, perhaps a little over, with a better YPC. And I'm sure a few of you out there are familiar with how frustrating Jeremy's Hill's numbers have been against some of the best matchups.

89 fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jul 5, 2017

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Veritek83 posted:

You know Bernard's potentially going to be out the first few games of the season, right? He's still rehabbing his ACL from last year and who knows how he comes back from that. If Mixon performs well before Bernard is back, I wouldn't be shocked if he takes a good bit of the passing down work. Mixon really has the potential to be a feature back there.

Definitely possible. 4th round is just too rich for my blood for an unproven rookie. Despite how talented in college he was. I'd feel better about it if they had cut Gio or Hill. But they are still there. And I haven't seen anything suggesting either will be cut.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Omg, I thought he was on autodraft before me

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Bastard!!!

I wanted to roll out Julio, Alshon, Baldwin, and Crabtree.

Ok, fine. Elite TE it is.

Jimmy Graham.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Cooks is gonna take a team's best DB off of Edelman, so I would at least assume it's safe to say he'll hit his usual numbers with zero problem if not better.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Honestly, Cook is ahead of Latavius on the depth chart last I read.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Why is everybody so high on Perkins? Guy didn't show anything last year.

*cough* There's much better starting RBs on the board stil *cough*

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Gore is old. But he's gonna outscore all of your dumb Round 5 & 6 RBs

Frank Gore goes to Team 89 :smug:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I wanted Gillisle. But, it was basically Gore vs. Gilly. And, despite his age, I feel like I know what Gore will give me. Gillisle is gonna do great I feel, but let's not forget about James White, Dion Lewis, and Burkhead either. Their backfield is a little ridiculous and is gonna be frustrating for fantasy.

Burkhead is gonna be the bastard TD vulture that Michael Bush was to Matt Forte in Chicago.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
CJ is a tricky one. I was close to picking him the last two picks. When the dude is healthy, he's great. But it's been...3 seasons? Dude is always injured or has something nagging him and bringing him down. I would have grabbed him if he went another round.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Yeah, we are playing that game. I really wanted to ask "Frank Gore or CJ Anderson?" really bad in the main thread, but I can't show my cards lolz

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I gotta hit on one of these old guys, right?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I should have and was gonna pick Woodhead. But I've recently read too many AP hype articles on the Saints, sooo

Then remember how bad rear end Hightower still was for the saints last year as the #2 RB and he ain't exactly AP.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
TIGHT END RUN!!!!!! 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Noooo, Decker was supposed to fall to me!

Mariota.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Yeah you really could have used another WR there instead of a 2nd QB

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Honestly, I'm not too against this weird drafting idea I've spontaneously gone with. Load up on the discounted old guys who were the elite 1-2 years ago. Pad the bottom with boom or bust high potential young guys.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I think 800 yards & 4-6 TD's is pretty realistic for Matthews

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Jonathan Stewart starting this year, yall

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I thought about James White, but I needed another receiver. Mike' Wallace is gonna be sneaky good again.

Didn't Flacco lead the league in deep throws last season?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Ted Ginn has a much better QB in Brees now. He's taking over Cooks old role. Rushing attack looks much improved. Ted Ginn will do good.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Wait, poo poo. Do we only have 2 more rounds? I still have 1 QB, 1 TE, and no defense

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The redraft is throwing me off.

I wrote off Richard Matthews.

Then I realized he was the slot receiver.

He gonna eat with Corey & Decker in town

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I saw him, but I don't draft Cowboys.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Who wants to trade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I guess I didn't submit a full lineup?