Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who came out the best from this show?
This poll is closed.
Roman Reigns 1 1.15%
Braun Strowman 32 36.78%
Samoa Joe 17 19.54%
Big Cass 7 8.05%
Clonfroggio you loving moron. Jesus Christ. 30 34.48%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

• The Hype Bros - Zack Ryder and Mojo Rawley - defeated the Colons on the pre-show.

• The first ever, historic Women's Money in the Bank Ladder match featured Becky Lynch, Carmella (with James Ellsworth), Charlotte, Nattie and Tamina. It was played up as a big time major thing, the culmination of the Women's Revolution and a new era for women being taken seriously in wrestling. Then a comedy male jobber casually climbed the ring, took down the briefcase and dropped it to Carmella on the floor and declared her the winner.

• The Usos retained their tag titles against the New Day by getting counted out. Match was a lot of fun but the ending was weak.

• Naomi retained her Women's Championship against Lana. Carmella teased a cash-in but changed her mind.

• The Fashion Police did a Fashion Vice segment where they recieved a video-tape from their recent assailants challenging them to a match.

• Maria Kanellis returned with her husband Mike, now also known as Mike Kanellis. The gimmick seems to be that they're nauseatingly in love, and it rules.

• Jinder retained his WWE Championship against Randy Orton, whose father and some other wrestling legends were in the front row. Exact same ending as every other match they've had, the Singh Brothers interfered, Randy beat them up then got caught by Jinder when he got back into the ring.

• The Fashion Police defeated their mystery assailants, revealed to be The Ascension. Nothing match that ended with a cradle pin.

• Baron Corbin won the Money in the Bank briefcase in a very good match that was the saving grace of the PPV. Nakamura and AJ Styles came across like stars, particularly Nakamura. Kevin Owens looked to have been injured during the match but it seems he is okay.

Great Balls of Fire(lol) on July 9th

WWE Universal Championship Match
Brock Lesnar(c) w/ Paul Heyman vs. Samoa Joe

Ambulance Match
Braun Strowman vs Roman Reigns

Raw Results
  • Roman Reigns opened the show with what felt like a largely heel promo, bragging about how nobody can beat him one-on-one and that he doesn't care who wins between Joe and Brock since he can beat either one. Samoa Joe came out and reminded him that he has never beaten him, Reigns replied that to him, Samoa Joe is "Just Joe". Joe attacked Roman and got the best of him early, but when he went for his submission Roman fought free and Joe quickly fled the ring.

• The Hardyz defeated The Club in a fairly lengthy back and forth match.

• Goldust did a director's chair promo inviting R-Truth to the "debut" of his new film: The Shattered Truth.

• Elias Sampson did a promo mocking Evansville, then atempted to tune his guitar while demanding complete silence. Finally he was interrupted by Finn Balor. The two faced off momentarily and then Elias left the ring.

• Bo Dallas jumped Finn Balor before their match began and initially had the best of him. Balor soon retook control and thrashed Bo, with the commentators noting they were seeing a meaner streak from him.

• They showed a trailer for WWE 2K18, in which Seth Rollins commits assault and battery, breaking and entering, property damage and arson.

• Backstage, Kurt Angle and Corey Graves were discussing their mysterious text messages when Enzo and Cass showed up demanding resolution to the attacks that have been happening to both of them. Kurt assured them they would find the culprit before the end of the night.

• Seth did an in-ring promo talking up being on the cover for WWE 2K18. He talked up the second chance the fans gave him after he bought in to The Authority. Bray Wyatt interrupted on the Titantron to call him a hypocrite who still conforms to what others want him to be. The two jawjacked for awhile and then Bray decided to come down to the ring to face him one-on-one. When he arrived, as the lights came back up Seth jumped him from the top turnbuckle.... then just left as his music played. Seth somehow cut his face in the process.

• In a backstage interview, Finn Balor said that he will only look forward, and his goal is set on regaining the Universal Championship. As he gave his thoughts on Joe vs Roman, Elias jumped Finn from behind and warned him never to upstage him again.

• Akira Tozawa faced TJ Perkins in a Cruiserweight Match. Titus O'Neill came down to the ring and forced his way into doing the ring introductions and talking up Tozawa. During the match, Neville showed up and told the commentators he was here to keep an eye on Tozawa as well as Titus. Tozawa defeated TJ and Titus immediately demanded replays of the finish and insisted the crowd cheer for Tozawa, then announced he and Apollo would be facing Sheamus and Cesaro for the tag titles later tonight. He told Tozawa that he signed with the Titus Brand the money would be flowing, and Neville had finally had enough and shouted over the mic that he would annihilate Tozawa. Titus retorted that Tozawa would destroy Neville if he wasn't careful.

• R-Truth did a counter-promo to Goldust accepting his invitation for next week.

• Curtis Axel was trying to cheer up Bo Dallas after his beating by Finn Balor. The Miz showed up to offer them both a chance to be in his entourage, reminding them both that they were largely nobodies in WWE nowadays but he could make their families proud of them. He left and they seemed to be considering it.

• Samoa Joe had a backstage interview in which he had them replay footage of him beating the poo poo out of Roman Reigns 4 months earlier and pinning him clean.

• Samoa Joe defeated Roman Reigns in a lengthy match that got REAL GOOD towards the end. As the two managed to kick out of each others big moves, an ambulance appeared on the Titantron backing up.

• While Roman was distracted Joe locked in the Coquina Clutch and knocked him out.

• Braun Strowman stormed down to the ring following Joe's victory. He got on the mic, reminded Roman that "I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!" and hit him with the Reverse Chokeslam. He challenged Roman to an Ambulance match at Great Balls of Fire.

• MizTV's special guest was Maryse, with Miz attempting to apologize to his wife for his recent gently caress-ups. He gifted her a fixed/upgraded version of the Grandfather Clock he'd wrecked a couple weeks earlier. Just as Maryse looked set to forgive him, Dean Ambrose showed up. Miz's attempts to get at Dean saw him gently caress up again, with Maryse being splashed by her drink and the grandfather clock wrecked again. After Maryse stormed off, Ambrose attacked Miz but after Miz escaped the ring, the bears assaulted Dean and revealed themselves to be Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel, who took Miz up on his offer.

• Sheamus and Cesaro defeated Titus O'Neill and Apollo Crews to retain their Tag Team Titles.

• Video package playing up Samoa Joe vs Brock Lesnar. Joe got treated like a monster, then Brock undercut him, then they showed their pull-apart Brawl from last week.

• Sasha Banks vs Nia Jax ended in a DQ when Alexa Bliss attacked Emma and got her to chase her down to ringside. As soon as the match was thrown out, Alexa and Emma joined forces to attack Sasha. Dana Brooke and Mickie James came down to get involved, then Bayley, and the faces cleared the heels out.

• Kurt Angle came out to address the attacks on Enzo and Cass. He brought them out, then the Revival, then Big Show. Show said he would never hit somebody from behind he'd do it to their face. He walked out threatening that he might leave Raw after this accusation. Angle said he had confirmed The Revival's alibi, but assured everybody he would figure this out eventually. Corey Graves spoke up to accuse Big Cass, and showed footage of Big Cass faking the attack on himself.

• Cass admitted he was the one who attacked Enzo, because he was tired of putting up with him and that nobody liked him. He was dead weight holding back Cass' potential. He finished his promo saying they were through and KO'ed Enzo with a big boot to end the show.

Smackdown Results
  • Recap of the controversial ending to the Women's MITB match. Tamina, Charlotte, Nattie and Becky were backstage outside Daniel Bryan's office arguing. Bryan came out and told them he would address things as soon as he heard what Carmella and Ellsworth had to say for themselves.

• Carmella and Ellsworth came to the ring. Carmella said she didn't care that she won it controversially, she got what she wanted and there was no specific rule against it. She brought up other times wrestlers had gotten wins/titles in controversial fashion, mocked the fans for tweeting and insisted Daniel Bryan couldn't do anything about the fact she's Miss Money in the Bank. Crowd was quite heated in response to a lot of what she said.

• Backstage Charlotte told Bryan not to worry about her neck and to deal with Carmella's bullshit victory. She refused to let him ignore Ellsworth's interference even if the match was No DQ, pointed out they made history "for the wrong reasons" and insisted he do the right thing about it.

• BIG E defeated Jimmy Uso in a singles match. The Usos tried to walk out on the match like they did at the PPV, but Kofi and Xavier stopped them and forced the match to go to a conclusion.

• Nattie and Tamina interrupted Daniel Bryan on the phone with Shane, and Nattie tried to ingratiate herself with Bryan while Tamina insisted he do something about the situation. Naomi did an interview saying that whoever ended up the Number One Contender, she'd be ready for them. Lana showed up and challenged her to a rematch, Naomi told her to get out of her face or get slapped back to Russia.

• In a sitdown interview, Randy Orton admitted he lost focus which caused him to lose his title rematch against Jinder. He thought that Jinder doing exactly the same thing he does in every single match against Orton was "maybe, probably" Jinder's strategy. He insisted this was far from over and he intended to hurt Jinder.

• Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Dolph Ziggler in a long match that was probably the best the two have had together. Shinsuke kicked out of everything Ziggler could hit him with, and pinned Ziggler following one hell of a Kinshasa.

• Daniel Bryan congratulated Sami Zayn on his performance at MITB and told him he had a match against Baron Corbin next week. Becky Lynch showed up and Sami commiserated with what happened to her in her MITB match. Becky explained just how badly Ellsworth forcing his way into the match had hosed her over and how upset she was that she constantly does the right thing and gets screwed out of victories by people taking shortcuts or cheating. Bryan told her it was complicated, but she said there was nothing complicated about doing the right thing.

• Kevin Owens complained that the other wrestlers at MITB teamed up to keep him from winning the briefcase. He declared the United States is the REAL land of opportunity and as such he would give a local wrestler a shot at his US Championship. AJ Styles answered the open challenge but Owens reminded him it was for a local (Dayton, Ohio) wrestler. Chad Gable from American Alpha answered the challenge also, saying he'd just moved to Dayton..... uhhh... this morning! AJ backed him up and called for the bell to be rung, and the ref agreed while Owens was spluttering in protest.

• After an initial flurry by Chad Gable, Owens was able to beat him and pin him clean. AJ was on guest commentary.

• Backstage, Zack Ryder showed Daniel Bryan footage of the show where he injured his knee while simultaneously winning a Number One Contender's spot for the Tag Championships. They asked for that title shot since they never had it, but Bryan said things had changed since then. He did offer them a match against the Usos next week, and if they win that they get a title shot.

• Sami and Tye Dillinger did a commercial piece for Sonic, where Tye rated every Sonic drink as a 10/10.

• Daniel Bryan came to the ring and explained he had been told by Shane and other WWE Management not to let emotions rule his decision regarding the Women's MITB match. He brought out Charlotte, Tamina, Nattie, Becky and Carmella (with Ellsworth). He admitted there was nothing in the rulebook preventing interference by non-competitors, and there had been interference in other matches in the past. But nothing like Ellsworth climbing the ladder, taking the briefcase and then gifting it to Carmella had ever happened before, this was uncharted territory. He intimidated Ellsworth and threatened to fire him for mentioning Bryan's new baby daughter.

• Everybody started arguing and talking poo poo to each other (and insulting Ellsworth), Bryan shut them up and announced Carmella would make history by being the first to hand over the Briefcase, because he was ordering the match to happen again next week (the crowd booed when they realized they wouldn't get the match). He took the briefcase and left with it.

• All the women started brawling, then Becky and Charlotte stopped to take out their aggression on Carmella instead. Becky used the Disarmer on Carmella and talked poo poo to Ellsworth.

• Jinder Mahal defeated Luke Harper in the main event. Mahal won after, stop me if you've heard this one before, the Singh Brothers provided a distraction and then Jinder caught him from behind and hit his finisher. Baron Corbin showed up towards the end of the match and walked around the ring, mocking Jinder and warning him that he was in his head.

• As Jinder celebrated, Randy Orton showed up, got past the Singhs and beat up Jinder inside and outside the ring. Before he could hit the RKO however the Singhs jumped Randy and gave him a kicking. Randy fought loose and hit RKOs on both, the latter off of a dive from the top turnbuckle. Randy posed for the crowd and taunted Jinder as he retreated with his belt.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jun 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Finally Cass can shine

Solo

and heel

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Good promo by Cass but I imagine that third hour is going to loving die in the ratings, which is why they did Joe/Roman at the 2 hour mark.

Joe/Roman was real drat good too.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Another epic Roman TV match.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
In case you're wondering about the placement of those segments....

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/876993408048316417

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Haven't they already done that ambulance bit with Dean Ambrose? I really believe Vince has Alzheimer's and is just forgetting all of the poo poo he's already done.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
Cass also ordered the Code Red.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Huh, the show on after Raw had someone say an uncensored "gently caress" in the first 5 minutes.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

The_Rob posted:

Haven't they already done that ambulance bit with Dean Ambrose? I really believe Vince has Alzheimer's and is just forgetting all of the poo poo he's already done.

Bob Backlund is getting confused as to why he keeps getting angrier phone calls from Vinny telling him to drop the goddamn belt to the Iron Sheik already

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

VJeff posted:

In case you're wondering about the placement of those segments....

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/876993408048316417

They should honestly go inverse WCW and have the last hour be 205 Live cruiser matches where they allow everyone to do what they did in the CWC.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my thread was better

also the last segment made me remember of clue for some reason

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I guess you could say he was a real...

Casshole

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Titus Brand was good today.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Bob Backlund is getting confused as to why he keeps getting angrier phone calls from Vinny telling him to drop the goddamn belt to the Iron Sheik already

And shave those sideburns Backlund!!!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Codependent Poster posted:

Huh, the show on after Raw had someone say an uncensored "gently caress" in the first 5 minutes.

Stay tuned and you're gonna see and hear a hell of a lot more.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
More like Big rear end.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

STAC Goat posted:

Stay tuned and you're gonna see and hear a hell of a lot more.

And see...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

also the last segment made me remember of clue for some reason

Corey really should have finished his accusation with,"Now I'm going to go home and make love to my wife."

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The_Rob posted:

if roman really does face taker again at summerslam then i'll consider that a confirmed diagnosis

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

More like Big rear end.

Rowan is on Smackdown!

and not booked :smith:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

hopefully this means enzo and cass will have a match at great balls of fire and then be fired

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jerusalem posted:

Corey really should have finished his accusation with,"Now I'm going to go home and make love to my wife."

Seriously, though, is there some kind of explanation for whatever we Corey Graves' role on RAW is? Because I'm lost.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

the great balls of fire are enzo and cass, as they exit the atmosphere on their trip into the sun

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

kurt angle is that kid who doesn't work on his essay and tries to wing it at the last second, only the essay is his employees being illegally assaulted while he does nothing to stop it

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrqxmQr-uto

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Usually the argument for not turning Roman/Cena/whoever was that merch sales were too important. Didn't Enzo and Cass sell a lot of merch too?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

STAC Goat posted:

Seriously, though, is there some kind of explanation for whatever we Corey Graves' role on RAW is? Because I'm lost.

Corey Graves is trying to be like his idol, Ace Journalist Austin Aries

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Enzo and Cass spent 3 year together NXT for a little over 1 year on the main roster, and neither will ever matter again.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Team up Cass with Braun, give him a Braun based offense

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

At the very least Cass vs Enzo CAN'T BE as bad as the Cryme Tyme break-up. Can it? :ohdear:

This reminds me I gotta watch the new Better Call Saul!

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Remember when DeMott told Cass he was only still employed because of his height

He was right

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Yep! Blood Drive's series premiere originally aired on Syfy last Wednesday, and the whole premise is it's a grindhouse thing airing late at night, so it gets away with curse words. Not shocked the sister channel USA is airing it to get more views, wish they'd do it with genuinely great stuff like The Expanse too though

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

This reminds me I gotta watch the new Better Call Saul!

"Good luck" is all I'm gonna say. That ending wrecks people

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Jerusalem posted:

At the very least Cass vs Enzo CAN'T BE as bad as the Cryme Tyme break-up. Can it? :ohdear:

At the very least Enzo and Cass are each far more talented than Cryme Tyme, so they have a better shot

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Chris James 2 posted:

"Good luck" is all I'm gonna say. That ending wrecks people

Fuuuuuck. Can't wait to cry myself to sleep.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
It was inevitable Cass & Enzo would split up for Cass' solo push. He's 7-foot tall and you can't teach Vince jerks to that.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
an enzo and cass double pack funko pop was just annouced as well as there being a trip to Universal Studios with Enzo and Cass that's going on/just ended

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Only 14 months together on the main roster and didn't even get a tag reign out of it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

pressedbunny posted:

It was inevitable Cass & Enzo would split up for Cass' solo push. He's 7-foot tall and you can't teach Vince jerks to that.

Cass is The Mountain and Vince is Cersei.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Only 14 months together on the main roster and didn't even get a tag reign out of it.

WWE had more important things to do, like showing Demolition who's boss.

• Locked thread