Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who came out the best from this show?
This poll is closed.
Roman Reigns 1 1.15%
Braun Strowman 32 36.78%
Samoa Joe 17 19.54%
Big Cass 7 8.05%
Clonfroggio you loving moron. Jesus Christ. 30 34.48%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
FYI the WWF has been on an extreme downhill decline since Jericho won the undisputed championship and you are all fools for watching it outside of Charlotte segments/matches. Fools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Nice.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

OK, yeah

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Eli Wiggum posted:

There's a rumor right now that they're gonna strip Carmella of the brief case and redo the match tonight. Dumb!
Well I was half-right :haw:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
please loving stop doing the same finish for Jinder I'm dying over here.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Chris James 2 posted:

Future WWE Champ

it is very very funny to read this in his slow promo voice.

Nakamura/Ziggler was actually very very good tonight. I was kinda dreading it after their first match but it's like they asked for a second chance to do a good one then really went for it.

actually if Barons whole thing was talking about minions in his plodding promo voice he'd be my favorite wrestler

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Luke Harper has been given poo poo all to do since the Wyatt/Orton feud and has just been dangling in the breeze.

Even so, when he appears on TV he still gets "Let's go Harper!' chants.

Luke Harper is very good. They should do something with him.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Tato posted:

Luke Harper has been given poo poo all to do since the Wyatt/Orton feud and has just been dangling in the breeze.

Even so, when he appears on TV he still gets "Let's go Harper!' chants.

Luke Harper is very good. They should do something with him.

He was a pretty sad omission from the Money in the Bank match.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Luke Harper is like Baron Corbin if Baron Corbin was in shape and didn't suck

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
God drat American Gods is awesome. That lady from the x files i think its pretty eerie.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Poor Becky https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTWT4GnBfXk

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I know it's a semantics thing, but seems odd for Bryan to strip Carmella of the contract. He should have made her DEFEND IT in a 5 person ladder match. Like, she won the match within the rules, so Bryan should have made her defend the case within the rules. Edge won the briefcase from Kennedy defending it one time, and I think it's been defended other times.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

didnt she give almost the same promo on talking smack not long ago

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
"The women started bickering when Charlotte said she was here for a decision and threatened to make Natalya look like Ellsworth. Tamina cut her off and used the same insult. "

lmao legit sorry I missed this

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So what's the consensus going to be when Carmella wins again

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Chris James 2 posted:

that it was stolen from ellsworth

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Add it to the Russo is back case file

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE7xS3uPwlM

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Soothing Vapors posted:

"The women started bickering when Charlotte said she was here for a decision and threatened to make Natalya look like Ellsworth. Tamina cut her off and used the same insult. "

It was incredible. The entire arena went silent and just stared.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Literally the same insult

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Tamina has somehow become the personification of not caring and its great. She should be RR's mascot.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Tamina's new gimmick, that one guy in Pootie Tang

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
After the promo she cut, it'd be really great if they just fuckin' let Becky win the fuckin' briefcase. Can we have just one part of this company that isn't dominated by heels? Please?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I hope Tamina wins the case and dedicates it to the loving memory of her dad

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

A somewhat old photoshoot, but oh, what could've been:

http://www.wwe.com/gallery/current-superstars-classic-championships-photos#fid-40016845

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Shima Honnou posted:

Tamina has somehow become the personification of not caring and its great. She should be RR's mascot.

I loved her for that line and her outfit. I really hope that wasn't just a lazy night and it's her new character.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

how hosed is big cass as a singles? like, i want people to think of the image of big cass vs. lesnar, or cass trying to do a 20 minute promo by himself. unless they put carmella with him, he has no chance at all, unless he's hiding something.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

how hosed is big cass as a singles? like, i want people to think of the image of big cass vs. lesnar, or cass trying to do a 20 minute promo by himself. unless they put carmella with him, he has no chance at all, unless he's hiding something.

cass was dog poo poo when he flew solo while enzo was out injured.

stilted. as. gently caress. delivery.

sawft.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

He has a big boot and an elbow. Those are Cass's moves.

Edit- Sorry his finisher was throwing Enzo. Okay if Cass's wins come from running to the back and grabbing a resisting Enzo and tossing him into whoever I'm all in.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jun 21, 2017

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

Look up how a guy named Shad Gaspard did after his tag team broke up.

Cass is probably in a very slightly better position than Shad was, but only because Raw being 3 hours means they need big people to go out there and kill time.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I would say Cass has a better chance than Titus or Shad because despite being part of a broken up tag team he is white and large, like Baron Corbin and Braun Strowman.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

SunshineDanceParty posted:

He has a big boot and an elbow. Those are Cass's moves.

Edit- Sorry his finisher was throwing Enzo. Okay if Cass's wins come from running to the back and grabbing a resisting Enzo and tossing him into whoever I'm all in.

It's almost as if the point of a tag team is to fill out the weak spots of individual wrestlers so that they can both get over instead of floundering. I really don't know why Vince loves breaking up tag teams so much.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I remember when Finn got hurt and vacated the Universal title, they threw Cass in that 4-way match for a new champ just to test the waters. They put him in the ring with Kevin Owens, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns, and he still managed to do nothing interesting or look remotely ready for a top spot.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Remember when Brodus Clay turned on Tensai and talked about how he was a main event player and proceeded to never show up on TV again until he was quietly released? Me neither.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Benne posted:

I remember when Finn got hurt and vacated the Universal title, they threw Cass in that 4-way match for a new champ just to test the waters. They put him in the ring with Kevin Owens, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns, and he still managed to do nothing interesting or look remotely ready for a top spot.

i legit don't remember this

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
From what I saw on NXT during the times when Big Cass was out there alone because Enzo nearly killed himself, he's actually pretty good on the mic. A lot of his natural charisma that he showed on his promo Monday is lost on being a catchphrase junkie.

He could probably make a solid midcard run.

Of course WWE will try to push him as a main eventer, he'll flounder when he can't keep up and he'll be in TNA as Large Cassidy.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Benne posted:

I remember when Finn got hurt and vacated the Universal Title and then when he came back he was in the Title scene briefly before not being on TV for two weeks for no reason and then feuding with the Drifter.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I forget if it was Alvarez or Meltzer who suggested it first, but I agree that they should just stick Enzo on 205 Live because why the gently caress not. It might make the crowd wake up a bit for the purple ropes business.

Also, Titus O'Neal is somehow making me more interested in 205 Live as well. Stop being a loving holdout Tozawa and feel the POWAH

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Tato posted:

I forget if it was Alvarez or Meltzer who suggested it first, but I agree that they should just stick Enzo on 205 Live because why the gently caress not. It might make the crowd wake up a bit for the purple ropes business.

Also, Titus O'Neal is somehow making me more interested in 205 Live as well. Stop being a loving holdout Tozawa and feel the POWAH

I think a Tozawa hype man is a fine idea, but Titus is so bad at it.

How is Titus bad at everything? And don't say fatherhood, because I don't believe good fatherhood involves kissing your children on the mouth.

The_Rob posted:

It's almost as if the point of a tag team is to fill out the weak spots of individual wrestlers so that they can both get over instead of floundering. I really don't know why Vince loves breaking up tag teams so much.

I legit think they forget the long term. Short term it can be some neat segments, Enzo crying was good, Cass's promo was pretty good. The feeling of betrayal and emotions of a friendship ending a strong emotions to evoke.

But yeah the long term effects should be more strongly considered.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jun 21, 2017

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Could someone please explain clonfroggio to me? I only see it when I'm skimming these weekly threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smackdown results added to the OP. I really dug Becky telling Bryan it shouldn't be difficult to do the right thing.

VJeff posted:

please loving stop doing the same finish for Jinder I'm dying over here.

I couldn't believe it... but also I could totally believe it. I don't know if it is a lack of imagination on Jinder's behalf or whoever agents his matches, but it's seriously the same ending every time and it's astonishing.

Soothing Vapors posted:

This was incredible. EVERYBODY just stops and stares and finally Bryan just continues on.

DoctorGonzo posted:

God drat American Gods is awesome. That lady from the x files i think its pretty eerie.

Hell yes, glad you like it. :)

• Locked thread