Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who came out the best from this show?
This poll is closed.
Roman Reigns 1 1.15%
Braun Strowman 32 36.78%
Samoa Joe 17 19.54%
Big Cass 7 8.05%
Clonfroggio you loving moron. Jesus Christ. 30 34.48%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

AlmightyPants posted:

Could someone please explain clonfroggio to me? I only see it when I'm skimming these weekly threads.

As far as I know That DICK! came up with the idea of a gimmick of a clown/frog/pinocchio wrestler, and somebody (That DICK! again?) drew a picture of it:

Some people think it's really funny, but according to our poll very slightly more people prefer BRAUNNNNNNNNNNN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Wazzu posted:

I legit think they forget the long term. Short term it can be some neat segments, Enzo crying was good, Cass's promo was pretty good. The feeling of betrayal and emotions of a friendship ending a strong emotions to evoke.

But yeah the long term effects should be more strongly considered.

They never have a long term plan for breaking up tag teams. It's always the same thing, the bigger guy turns on the smaller one, they have a boring feud, big guy wins, then they both go on to do gently caress all until they either reunite long after everyone stopped caring, vanish from TV for months/years, or quietly get released. Sometimes all the above.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Rhonne posted:

They never have a long term plan for breaking up tag teams. It's always the same thing, the bigger guy turns on the smaller one, they have a boring feud, big guy wins, then they both go on to do gently caress all until they either reunite long after everyone stopped caring, vanish from TV for months/years, or quietly get released. Sometimes all the above.

Who was the last midcard tag team to break up and it not immediately go horribly wrong for both? Miz and Morrison?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

As far as I know That DICK! came up with the idea of a gimmick of a clown/frog/pinocchio wrestler, and somebody (That DICK! again?) drew a picture of it:

Some people think it's really funny, but according to our poll very slightly more people prefer BRAUNNNNNNNNNNN

He's-a Good boy

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Heyo Rovert, have there ever been any mumblings about the legitimacy of Joe Negron from Smart Wrestling Fan? At least 45 minutes of that 3 hour podcast are spent on talking about his inside info and badmouthing other podcasts every week.

More interesting, he claims to have heard of internal talk of transitioning the failing extra hour in the arena every week for 205 Live into simply another hour of Smackdown. Is anything he says reliable?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Who was the last midcard tag team to break up and it not immediately go horribly wrong for both? Miz and Morrison?

Tyson and Cesaro only went wrong for one of them!

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

VJeff posted:

After the promo she cut, it'd be really great if they just fuckin' let Becky win the fuckin' briefcase. Can we have just one part of this company that isn't dominated by heels? Please?

She'll win it but then turn heel.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Tyson and Cesaro only went wrong for one of them!

is tyson kidd still saying he'll wrestle again

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You can talk about Bayley all you want but the booking of Becky is really bad and always has been.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Batista and Rey Mysterio.

"You're hurting me Dave :("

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
https://streamable.com/2pyb4

Best part of SD

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/877352387437936640

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A year ago today. More or less forgotten about relatively speaking:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/745331149275279360 https://twitter.com/WWERomanReigns/status/745330978369867776

rovert fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jun 21, 2017

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The_Rob posted:

It's almost as if the point of a tag team is to fill out the weak spots of individual wrestlers so that they can both get over instead of floundering. I really don't know why Vince loves breaking up tag teams so much.

Because one guy got over from a tag team breakup 25 years ago

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
They should just move the Ellsworth rib-on-Enzo-character to next level and pair Cass and Ellsworth and actually put the tag titles on them.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I hope Handsome Rusev beats Jinder on July 4th for America and the whole world

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DoctorGonzo posted:

You can talk about Bayley all you want but the booking of Becky is really bad and always has been.

I wish Becky had won MITB :smith:

I actually did rather dig her venting her feelings to Daniel Bryan on the latest Smackdown and reminding him he was actually in a position to do something about all these people who constantly cheat/take shortcuts while she actually tries to do things the right way.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

AlmightyPants posted:

Could someone please explain clonfroggio to me? I only see it when I'm skimming these weekly threads.

Clonfroggio is a real boy and he is going to debut at WWE Great Balls of Fire

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao this is so much better than just reading about it

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
the titus/tozawa angle is actually good because while titus is a big dipshit, and is tripping over his own dick constantly, he's accidentally promoting Tozawa so well he's going to get him a title shot.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It works so well because Neville is scared he has the clout to do it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

bradzilla posted:

Because one guy got over from a tag team breakup 25 years ago

The fact that said happened to be the literal GOAT was obviously not a factor. Clearly anyone will get the same level of success from a tag team breakup in McMahon's mind.

King Superman
Nov 14, 2016

St Evan Echoes posted:

I hope Handsome Rusev beats Jinder on July 4th for America and the whole world the chickens and all the southern countries

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Remember when Lance Cade turned on Trevor Murdoch and then he killed himself

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wait so Mike and Maria weren't even on Smackdown after debuting 2 days earlier?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Wait so Mike and Maria weren't even on Smackdown after debuting 2 days earlier?

"What do you want, we only have 2 hours" - WWE at the next TV deal negotiations trying to accidentally get a third hour for SD

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

They came out in a commercial break and were a WWE.COM exclusive lol

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Rhonne posted:

Remember when Brodus Clay turned on Tensai and talked about how he was a main event player and proceeded to never show up on TV again until he was quietly released? Me neither.

the funny thing was the whole storyline was featured on main event.

then after his promo in the pimp suit in which he complained about his booking and even the way they booked tensai he disappeared and got sent back to nxt as dark brodus or whatever.

now he's tyrus and also a fox news contributor.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
how many current/former wrestlers are fox news contributors? i know JBL is/was a panelist like every weekend and I think Dolph was a horrible libertarian idiot contributor around the election. god wrestling sucks

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Golashes posted:

how many current/former wrestlers are fox news contributors? i know JBL is/was a panelist like every weekend and I think Dolph was a horrible libertarian idiot contributor around the election. god wrestling sucks

Tyrus is a regular contributor and a huge piece of poo poo http://nation.foxnews.com/2016/01/06/pro-wrestler-tyrus-drops-some-truth-black-lives-matter-greg-gutfeld-show

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_FGO1UGrls

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

But what about his political opinions?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Why do they use such busta-rear end fonts for these things

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

While reading the results I got my hopes up that Kane has returned with a stable. Mike and Maria are obviously in Kane's stable, and madly in love with him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
btw you know the hearts on the floor in their entrance? Same hearts from TJPs entrance.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Grendels Dad posted:

While reading the results I got my hopes up that Kane has returned with a stable. Mike and Maria are obviously in Kane's stable, and madly in love with him.

I feel like they should always be referred to as Maria and Mike to represent their relative importance.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

delfin posted:

I feel like they should always be referred to as Maria and Mike to represent their relative importance.

Get Eva Marie's dude to do it.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
mike bennett "drat! i married my wife"'d his way to the middle of the wwe card on day one and hasn't taken a bump yet. mike bennett loving rules

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Mike Bennett is a top contender for the Brutus Beefcake Award for Excellence in Hitching Your Wagon to the Right Star

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

projecthalaxy posted:

Mike Bennett is a top contender for the Brutus Beefcake Award for Excellence in Hitching Your Wagon to the Right rear end

• Locked thread