Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who came out the best from this show?
This poll is closed.
Roman Reigns 1 1.15%
Braun Strowman 32 36.78%
Samoa Joe 17 19.54%
Big Cass 7 8.05%
Clonfroggio you loving moron. Jesus Christ. 30 34.48%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

STAC Goat posted:

I liked the really small part of that segment where the Big Show seemingly walked off the RAW brand because Kurt Angle is incompetent and publicly accused him of something with no evidence.

I kind hope he shows up on Smackdown tomorrow. He came out the sympathetic face of that segment for me.

Big Show once chokeslammed Kurt Angle from a storey up onto concrete, leaving him injured for months.

Kurt should use any opportunity to gently caress with Big Show.

VJeff posted:

If the Hardys hadn't shown up then yeah Enzo and Cass shoulda won at Mania, but. I don't really see a good time for them to win them outside of that. I never really bought them as legit contenders to the tag titles, but that's a different problem entirely.

If they weren't so braindead they could just portray Enzo as competant in the ring. Have him beat a jobber every now and then! Win a match for the team with a finisher of his own! BUT NO the whole plotline for the last year has been that Enzo sucks and Cass would be better off without him. At least they're consistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Give them some loving non T-Shirt merch, you bastards. Rompers with a Fashion police logo on the sleeve, for example.

extradite THIS! posted:

Wasn't Cass pretty good in the limited singles stuff he was put in when Enzo got hurt last year? Or am I remembering it wrong

He was booked strong. But he was not very good in the ring.

JamMasterJim posted:

Yeah, Nese is on a hot streak now that he beat Gran Metalic on Main Event.

What the gently caress is wrong with you, WWE?

I only just realised that WWE's youtube always has highlights and match segments from RAW, Smackdown, NXT, networks specials, PPVs and Takeovers.

But never anything from Main Event.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jun 20, 2017

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Tato posted:

I forget if it was Alvarez or Meltzer who suggested it first, but I agree that they should just stick Enzo on 205 Live because why the gently caress not. It might make the crowd wake up a bit for the purple ropes business.

Also, Titus O'Neal is somehow making me more interested in 205 Live as well. Stop being a loving holdout Tozawa and feel the POWAH

I think a Tozawa hype man is a fine idea, but Titus is so bad at it.

How is Titus bad at everything? And don't say fatherhood, because I don't believe good fatherhood involves kissing your children on the mouth.

The_Rob posted:

It's almost as if the point of a tag team is to fill out the weak spots of individual wrestlers so that they can both get over instead of floundering. I really don't know why Vince loves breaking up tag teams so much.

I legit think they forget the long term. Short term it can be some neat segments, Enzo crying was good, Cass's promo was pretty good. The feeling of betrayal and emotions of a friendship ending a strong emotions to evoke.

But yeah the long term effects should be more strongly considered.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jun 21, 2017

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Benne posted:

Hype Bros/Colons **
Women's MITB ***
New Day/Usos ***1/4
Naomi/Lana *
Jinder/Orton ***1/2
Breezango/Ascension *
Men's MITB ****1/2

About what I expected, including the usual caveat that Dave is way kinder to Orton matches than some people are.

I wouldn't rate Naomi/Lana that low, or Orton or MITB that high. Aside from New Day/Usos it managed to feel like a completely meh in ring night.

Minidust posted:

All that talk about MITB rules and precedents, and the resolution was just "strip the case because Twitter is mad" or w/e, yea WWE loves the fans we get it :jerkbag:

They shot themselves in the drat foot with talk of 'no rules'. THE LADDER MATCH HAS RULES.

The competitor who takes down the briefcase wins the match. A non-competitor took it down, the win was invalid. IS THAT SO loving HARD TO SAY?!?!?!

Or, you know, just don't book a bad finish that everyone will hate? It wasn't good heat, it's bad heat, and they did actually know people would loving hate it and be annoyed at them.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

DoctorGonzo posted:

just like letting a idiot loser geek retrieve the briefcase. im glad Lawler and other people are making GBS threads on the thing it was dumb and tna esque. Like people said the correct thing would have been Ellsworth trying to cheat, the girls beating the crap out of him and Carmella retrieving the MITB. But this is the wwe we are talking about.

Ellsworth taking a bump from a ladder in the ring to a table on the outside would have been an awesome part of that match and cool. Carmella winning by herself while Ellsworth cheers her on from a stretcher would have been awesome.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

it also ruins a once in a year event by having the reward for the match be an opportunity so rare and valuable that you can get it purely by existing

Yeah, everyone fighting for the opportunity to have a title match. Except Lana asks for this opportunity....and just gets a title match.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

I'm still not sure how Honma isn't a PR nightmare after the stuff with his wife/affairs came out.

Chris Brown is still a star. There's in fact too many similar celebrity scandals for people who continue to be stars. Sean Penn kidnapped and tortured Madonna. The public is really willing to not give a poo poo, and while you'd think this applies less in wrestling with a live crowd, so much human filth is still beloved. Steve Austin beat his wife and everyone loves him, Shawn Michaels in the 90s, Hulk Hogan would be cheered, etc. etc.

Niwrad posted:

I'm dumb, could someone explain to me what the gimmick is for Maria and Mike? They're in love? Are they heels?

They're in love and going to be jerks about it.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Minidust posted:

I knew Maria had some husband but I had never seen him before. I legit thought the guy was Heath Slater with a different haircut when he came out. Then I thought it was Curt Hawkins in another repackage. Then the full promo happened and I was like "oh I guess that's Maria's wrestler husband."

He's a normal looking white dude. Generically handsome, highly forgettable.. Sam Worthington levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Thinking about the recent turns (Cass, Bo has been flip-flopping on ME until recently, Axel, Apollo, Goldust) plus the relatively recent turns (Sheamus and Cesaro) there are so few faces left on RAW and then there's Roman lol.

Only face champion is Naomi. The cool heel thing has never gone away, in so many ways. But more I'd say it's that WWE insanely doesn't know how to have face champs that the people love.

Alan_Shore posted:

Did they really bring back the Hardy boys to not let them do the delete stuff? Really?

Honestly internet fans I think underestimate that there are just plain Hardy Boyz fans out there. Let them have the classic act before spinning the weirdness dial to 11.

• Locked thread