Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who came out the best from this show?
This poll is closed.
Roman Reigns 1 1.15%
Braun Strowman 32 36.78%
Samoa Joe 17 19.54%
Big Cass 7 8.05%
Clonfroggio you loving moron. Jesus Christ. 30 34.48%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Codependent Poster posted:

Huh, the show on after Raw had someone say an uncensored "gently caress" in the first 5 minutes.

Stay tuned and you're gonna see and hear a hell of a lot more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jerusalem posted:

Corey really should have finished his accusation with,"Now I'm going to go home and make love to my wife."

Seriously, though, is there some kind of explanation for whatever we Corey Graves' role on RAW is? Because I'm lost.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I liked the really small part of that segment where the Big Show seemingly walked off the RAW brand because Kurt Angle is incompetent and publicly accused him of something with no evidence.

I kind hope he shows up on Smackdown tomorrow. He came out the sympathetic face of that segment for me.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well if a past history of heel turns was all it took to be accused then Kurt should have had everyone on the roster out there.

Except Bayley, I guess.

Edit: Of course I'm joking and Big Show's career of turns is ridiculous but everyone in the segment came out of it looking bad to me except the guy who basically said "You're incompetent and this is stupid, I'm leaving.".

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Maria's a solid old school heel manager who can draw heat on her clients. She's no Bobby Heenan or anything but she's solid in a time period where that role's really been deemphasized (although WWE seems to be bringing it back a bit with Heyman, Lana, and now Titus... and kinda Xavier Woods). She's at least as good as Lana.

Mike's just there. He's a fine enough hand and he doesn't seem to have any problem blatantly playing second fiddle to Maria, which is good because its his bread and butter. But he'll never be a star and without Maria would be hanging with Bo and Axel.

There's a shelf life for the gimmick, and as silly as WWE is they're not entirely wrong that its a little derivative of Miz and Maryse (although very much reversed). In the right doses, and probably giving Maria a larger stable or stick Mike in a tag team like ROH did, it could work. But its also really easy to ride into the ground as I think TNA did with The Miracle stuff. And WWE tends to ride things into the ground hard.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Incessant Excess posted:

Carmella deserves to be stripped of the briefcase for being stupid enough to not cash it in on the PPV.

This is also my view. Carmella would have looked like a true heel strategic opportunist and not just someone who was handed something and Bryan could have been all "what can I do now?" instead of this do-over silliness. Then they could have just given the other women a #1 contender thing that wasn't MitB so it didn't water down that concept.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 22, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There was some commentary segment after an episode where the show runners said something like "we loved this scene because it really showed Laura at her code and at her core she's really a dick."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They're just cocky, arrogant heels where the lady does most of the talking and leads the show. Like Bennett its nothing revolutionary or exciting, its just done solidly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its clearly all a setup to make everyone grateful for the return of John Cena, the one protected face in WWE for like the last decade.

• Locked thread