Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who came out the best from this show?
This poll is closed.
Roman Reigns 1 1.15%
Braun Strowman 32 36.78%
Samoa Joe 17 19.54%
Big Cass 7 8.05%
Clonfroggio you loving moron. Jesus Christ. 30 34.48%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
In case you're wondering about the placement of those segments....

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/876993408048316417

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

STAC Goat posted:

Seriously, though, is there some kind of explanation for whatever we Corey Graves' role on RAW is? Because I'm lost.

Corey Graves is trying to be like his idol, Ace Journalist Austin Aries

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
New Day getting the record was good. Cesaro and Sheamus winning it off of them was good. The Club winning to set up heel champs going into Mania is a defensible booking decision, plus, come on, The Club needed those belts more than Enzo and Cass, then, well, the Hardys showed up and all bets were off.

If the Hardys hadn't shown up then yeah Enzo and Cass shoulda won at Mania, but. I don't really see a good time for them to win them outside of that. I never really bought them as legit contenders to the tag titles, but that's a different problem entirely.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
By the way, what a great night to make Finn Balor look like a star, huh? Getting his rear end handed to him by Bo Dallas a whole bunch, then getting it handed to him again by Elias Samson.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
*stands there while the audience does the same thing they've been doing for three years*

MY GOD, he's got them in the palm of his hand!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean it's extra strength retarded because how long were Rusev/Lana and Miz/Maryse on the same show, then on different shows and they were always two of the best acts wherever they were that felt incredibly distinct, with Lana being the pitchman and mouthpiece for the super athlete who almost never involved herself in matches and Maryse being Miz's arm candy while Miz did most of the talking, but she always interfered in matches.

And Maria and Mike also seem extremely disparate from that because Maria seems to be the one in charge. They're all very different gimmicks.

I think Vince just hates managers, because he's loving stupid.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

I agree with VJeff, keep Maryse on TV but get rid of Miz.

Finally, we're on the same page!

Chris James 2 posted:

It might just literally be "we think the audience is too dumb to handle two couples where both members have an M name"

I mean, we do already know poo poo like that is why they go out of their way to have Kassius Ohno not have KO stuff, because they're already doing that with Kevin Owens

Okay but then why not just call him Chris Hero :laffo:

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Booking aside, Roman has pretty great matches tbh

Seems to have good chemistry with most people

He's still baloney though

He's a guy who can have a Pretty Darn Good TV Match just about every week now. He still needs a better worker than him (and usually a No DQ stip to lean on) to have a really good PPV match, though.

It's not a coincidence that the two best Roman matches, Extreme Rules 2016 and Royal Rumble 2017 have two things in common.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Oh my god the ratings went up

People were legit interested in the nightlong mystery revelation of Heel Cass, every hour 3.0+

Roman's announcement got people to tune in, Samoa Joe vs. Roman and the Enzo and Cass angle got them to stick around.

It's almost like.

When you do long term angles.

Where things carry over from week to week.

And there are consequences from these things.

People.

Start.

Caring.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
please loving stop doing the same finish for Jinder I'm dying over here.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
After the promo she cut, it'd be really great if they just fuckin' let Becky win the fuckin' briefcase. Can we have just one part of this company that isn't dominated by heels? Please?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
btw you know the hearts on the floor in their entrance? Same hearts from TJPs entrance.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

delfin posted:

I feel like they should always be referred to as Maria and Mike to represent their relative importance.

Get Eva Marie's dude to do it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/WWEGable/status/877576659683000320

:allears:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

Splitting up DIY annoyed me because both guys did the singles thing before and didn't really get anywhere with it within NXT.
They teamed up and people loving loved it and them.
Now they are split again and past a heated feud between them there really is nothing worthwhile.

When you think about it, there wasn't much else for them to do in the tag division of NXT, either. They shouldn't be beating Authors of Pain (frankly, nobody should be beating AoP for a long, long, long time) and anything else is just a step down for them.

I dunno, on the one hand, I absolutely love DIY, but on the other I feel like Gargano is such an incredible babyface, the sky is legitimately the limit for him as a singles guy. Or, rather, it would be if he were a few inches taller.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If Roman Reigns thing was just constantly being surrounded by real dogs, I think you actually would have to cheer him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Look, we don't wanna dilute this. Give some of them cats.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Agreed, giving cats, the objectively best animal, to Ziggler, will finally get him over.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So after all that, Young Boy Tom and Mauro wound up trading jobs.

Whatever, I'm down. This just reinforces that NXT and NXT TakeOver is the best thing WWE produces by far.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You just know he's going to be screaming move names in Japanese and Spanish constantly without Vince in his ear, too. I kinda can't wait until TakeOver Brooklyn now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So I read about the time Daniel Bryan got a match called off with Randy Orton due to a stinger and I'm curious what the immediate reaction to it was, so I went digging into the archives. Turns out it was just about three years ago, and it was the same night as something else. :v:

A raw thread with 60 pages is kinda surreal.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gorn Myson posted:

The worst thing about the Ellsworth/Carmella thing is that WWE gave up on it two days after it happened, thus sacrificing some really easy heat that could have been used to propel a decent fued.

I encourage all of you to start looking at this through the lens of "WWE was unhappy with the SmackDown rating and wanted to pop it for a couple weeks" because framed in that light this all makes complete sense.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

:stare:

Pardon me I have to go immediately buy seats in the first five rows for this.

bradzilla posted:

Why are they treating a lovely Detroit venue's closing like it's MSG

Uh because the Joe owns.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Open Marriage Night posted:

Was going to hold out until No Mercy, but I think I'll have to go to this.

It may be Hell in a Cell now? Apparently LA is getting No Mercy and we may get Hell in a Cell as a SmackDown PPV.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GB888 posted:

It was in Detroit, yeah, but Wrestlemania 23 was at Ford Field.

Hmmmm why that's over ten years ago now.

They should definitely come back. Yup. Wrestlemania 35. That'll be cool.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

lmao how the hell did he fall for it four times.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

Apparently Kevin Owens called Mike and Maria after their TNA contract expired and told them it would be stupid of them to renew their contract with TNA and just wait for the WWE call!

Good dude, that Kevin Owens. Heck of a dude.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Tomodachi of Jericho!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Not to mention every single Raw champ is a heel. At least SmackDown has one face champ.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I said face, I clearly meant the Face of America, you dolt! :mad:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
At the very least, Neville, Asuka, AoP, Roode, Cesaro & Sheamus are just heels that are really loving good and don't have to cheat and connive to escape with their belts.

imo Neville should beat Lesnar.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Only against Ember. Everybody else, she just kicks in the head over and over again.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dr. rear end posted:

Yeah I don't think Neville beat Aries clean even once

He beat him clean the final time but yeah point taken. Look, if we're grading on a curve, Neville and Asuka are still way ahead for heels in this company. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lmao how did they make that loving documentary and then bring Seth back heel, HOW.

• Locked thread