Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who came out the best from this show?
This poll is closed.
Roman Reigns 1 1.15%
Braun Strowman 32 36.78%
Samoa Joe 17 19.54%
Big Cass 7 8.05%
Clonfroggio you loving moron. Jesus Christ. 30 34.48%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Finally Cass can shine

Solo

and heel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Huh, the show on after Raw had someone say an uncensored "gently caress" in the first 5 minutes.

Yep! Blood Drive's series premiere originally aired on Syfy last Wednesday, and the whole premise is it's a grindhouse thing airing late at night, so it gets away with curse words. Not shocked the sister channel USA is airing it to get more views, wish they'd do it with genuinely great stuff like The Expanse too though

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

This reminds me I gotta watch the new Better Call Saul!

"Good luck" is all I'm gonna say. That ending wrecks people

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Enzo picked the wrong big guy, :siren: Kane :siren: would have never done this

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WShopUpdates/status/877154089569857537

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

holy poo poo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So uh yeah good luck to everyone still thinking there's any hope of Rusev and Lana still being on screen together when Rusev finally is given something to do on TV

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Eli Wiggum posted:

dean was always bad

:agreed:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

I mean it's extra strength retarded because how long were Rusev/Lana and Miz/Maryse on the same show, then on different shows and they were always two of the best acts wherever they were that felt incredibly distinct, with Lana being the pitchman and mouthpiece for the super athlete who almost never involved herself in matches and Maryse being Miz's arm candy while Miz did most of the talking, but she always interfered in matches.

And Maria and Mike also seem extremely disparate from that because Maria seems to be the one in charge. They're all very different gimmicks.

I think Vince just hates managers, because he's loving stupid.

It might just literally be "we think the audience is too dumb to handle two couples where both members have an M name"

I mean, we do already know poo poo like that is why they go out of their way to have Kassius Ohno not have KO stuff, because they're already doing that with Kevin Owens

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oh my god the ratings went up

People were legit interested in the nightlong mystery revelation of Heel Cass, every hour 3.0+

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At least there will still be casual homophobia from the head of the company long after Vince is gone. IWC getting what they want

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

Graves revealed the security cam footage himself instead of going to Kurt with it first because he wanted to undermine and embaras​ him. Graves is working for Stephanie.

Remember when Corey said "I would shake the hand of the man who attacked Enzo"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Future WWE Champ

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So what's the consensus going to be when Carmella wins again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Wait so Mike and Maria weren't even on Smackdown after debuting 2 days earlier?

"What do you want, we only have 2 hours" - WWE at the next TV deal negotiations trying to accidentally get a third hour for SD

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider posted:

Daniel Bryan did an interview with Sports Illustrated discussing his return to Smackdown Live tonight. Some highlights:

A return to the ring: "I’m working on it. Wrestling is more of a creative outlet, and especially for somebody like me, I view it as my creative outlet. Not all WWE superstars and not all wrestlers view it that way, but that’s how I view it and that’s one of the ways my mind works creatively."

quote:

A return to the ring: "I’m working on it."

Remember when people optimistically assumed having a kid would change his mind

It's uh

It's not working

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gonz posted:

Phoenix is going to be hype for Raw and Smackdown on July 3rd and 4th. :getin:

Isn't it literally 125 there and set to be even hotter somehow in the coming weeks

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At least now expectations couldn't possibly be lower for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th womens MITB matches

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

The Fingerpoke of Doom made people mad but it sure as hell wasn't a good booking decision.

Same for Goldberg's streak and title reign ending because of a Taser

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave on Bryan wrestling:

If his health's at critical risk, he won't do it anywhere. At this point that's the only thing stopping him. Any chance of it happening in WWE increases if and only if the concussion lawsuit finishes before expiration. Still favoring New Japan and CMLL most, but not ruling out ROH return

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Would NJPW even risk it based off what Shibata is going through right now?

This year, maybe not

Late next year when Bryan's free, absolutely. Honma will have returned by then too

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgyccBUBEz4

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVw26jnl9qC/ Jericho/Itami in Tokyo Friday

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

When the whole world's a heel, it just means more odds for the big dog to overcome :getin:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Roman Reigns would be unstoppable if he added the torture rack to his arsenal

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Good

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

I wish I could be a fly on the wall in gorilla after the main event of WM34 ends and Vince realizes that he spent an entire year sacrificing the entire roster to get Roman over and it didn't work, again.

He'll blame Brock and be glad it was his last show

Hell, same, tbh

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They've spent over 3 years pushing him as a face while the entire time it's been obviously not working, no matter what they've done, which from the start included poo poo like Bryan losing clean after one finisher and giving a public speech about how great he is and how he deserves to be cheered and win the belt after such a performance.

After stuff like that and HHH coming back/winning a world title/winning a Rumble all just so he could be the one to make Reigns look like a star at a Mania, I don't know how anybody could think there's anything Vince or HHH wouldn't do to make people love him. Even this year when people were in the discussion thread swearing they wouldn't give Taker's last match to him, and certainly wouldn't do it in the main event, it was baffling, but it's definitely moreso after them having done it. There's nothing they won't do.

I sincerely think if they ever let Cena gently caress off to Hollywood for good, his last match and loss will only be to Reigns, and I wouldn't be stunned if it were sooner than we think.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I appreciate the WWE skipping the "hopeful" stage and just throwing the MYC finals out there into the 205 Live Death Slot time immediately following SD on the Network

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Revival are already stuck doing matches on Main Event

• Locked thread