Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who came out the best from this show?
This poll is closed.
Roman Reigns 1 1.15%
Braun Strowman 32 36.78%
Samoa Joe 17 19.54%
Big Cass 7 8.05%
Clonfroggio you loving moron. Jesus Christ. 30 34.48%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I know it's a semantics thing, but seems odd for Bryan to strip Carmella of the contract. He should have made her DEFEND IT in a 5 person ladder match. Like, she won the match within the rules, so Bryan should have made her defend the case within the rules. Edge won the briefcase from Kennedy defending it one time, and I think it's been defended other times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

if the heel didnt act correctly and it made you mad thats a good thing its kinda how wrestling is supposed to work but taking the case and redoing the match is unfair to carmella and is gonna kill the momentum of whoever ends up with it

I think it was stupid to have her stripped of the contract. I was really hoping for Carmella to have to "Defend" the contract next week, and then we could have had at least some segments with her trying to cash in before she had to defend it. Also... it is not the first time the contract has been defended. Ziggler defended against Cena in a ladder match at TLC, so it is not unheard of.

That would have fit better with Bryan playing within the rules so to speak

Vaguido posted:

To be fair, the briefcase allows you to start a match after the champion has already been in a match and/or has been beaten up by you with the case and other foreign objects. But yeah, it's not the biggest deal in the world with Lana just getting a freebie. She should've been in the ladder match and either Naomi took a nap or faced one of the other women who weren't going to win. I dunno, Natalya or Tamina or whatever.

There is no precedent that the champion can't be in the match. The contract is good for a year, and it would be an interesting dynamic that the champion can win the contract and have an instant rematch after losing the title if the choose to.

Say... Naomi win the contract and loses a match later to someone like Lana purely on distraction or interference, some BS gently caress finish. Would be cool if the champion could immediately cash in and force the heel to defend it right there and lose the title right back. Would be some new way to freshen up the contract thing.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I don't think that would be very dramatic because it would basically make the first match almost meaningless before the bell even rings. It's one of those "what if that could happen" things that are just bad ideas, like #28 and #29 in the Rumble throwing each other out and #30 automatically winning.
Those "what if" things are cool though.

• Locked thread