Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

That's a disappointment. I just switched my cat over to Taste of the Wild, and I noticed his poops have been much worse than before. I don't think it's specifically due to contamination, but his guts might just not agree with the high protein/high fat content of Taste of the Wild. If I can't find one he doesn't bomb my apartment with, he's going back on Science Diet. :sigh:

What alternatives are good? Is BB still a good option? I think I heard they went down in quality at some point.

Edit: Are there any cat-specific symptoms I should be looking out for?

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Apparently the dog food has higher incidences of sickness than the cat food. Or maybe the cat food is just less commonly used.

How do I know whether my cat is being affected by this tainted food? He hasn't vomited, though his stool has been pretty loose. I can't tell if it's normal adjustment, a diet thing, or actual sickness.

Gonna have to do a sweep of cat piles when I get home...this is making me paranoid.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jun 21, 2017

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

So far, my cat hadn't had a bad reaction to the Taste of the Wild Venison+Salmon food (that I can see), so my bag is probably okay. Don't think I wanna get another bag of it when it runs out, though.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Anyone heard any updates about Taste of the Wild, specifically for cat food? Wondering if it's passed and whether we know what batches were bad now.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pussy Doodles! posted:

For people asking about a good dog/cat food, I recommend Nulo. I've been using it for about three years now and my dog has never had any issues, and he has sensitive skin and a sensitive digestive system. The brand has never been recalled to my knowledge, and it is USA made and responsibly sourced, mostly from the USA/New Zealand/I think Australia? Can't remember. All of their formulas are grain free, white potato and tapioca free, low glycemic index, and have a patented probiotic that helps digestion. It's price per pound is similar to Blue Buffalo Wilderness, just without all the diarrhea!

Thanks, just ordered a 12lb of Nulo. Let's see how this works out!

For future reference, in case this happens again, how do you tell whether the food is what's making your pet sick? Are there any clues to look out for that would point towards the food being the problem?

• Locked thread