Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pea
Nov 25, 2005
Friendly neighbourhood vegetable
Great to see this LP continue. I'm following this for nostalgia reasons. As a child, I owned Secret of Mana myself.

Not being a native speaker in English, I didn't know at the time what dispel magic actually meant. So I never used dispel magic while playing SoM. As a matter of fact, I didn't know up until now that it could counter a Wall spell. :smith:
Then again, young me was a firm believer of the if-it's-not-healing-or-damage,-it's-not-worth-using school of magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pea
Nov 25, 2005
Friendly neighbourhood vegetable
Have you tried messing around with Icebox' ACT menu? You can set the AI's behaviour there. Including whether it will keep away from enemies or approach them. It might help with preventing Icebox from getting stuck when you decide to move forward. It might possibly make things harder for some enemies or bosses though if only 2 out 3 characters are attacking.

On another note: I noticed there is no more spark in the mana seeds when you checked the character screen around 18 minutes into the video. The Mana Power also reads 0 despite you having 8 ellipses. Is this related to this whole sunken continent rising above the ocean? I seem to have missed the point when your mana power changed to 0 again. Is there any way of getting it back to 8?

Speaking of which, if Hermy is the legendary knight who needs to do a thing with all 8 mana seeds. It's kind of doomed to fail if one of them is at the bottom of the sea. It also clarifies why everyone was so skeptical about Hermy being the real mana knight. Pulling a sword from a stone is hard enough, but raising a sunken continent? That's just crazy talk.

• Locked thread