Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PurpleButterfly
Nov 5, 2012
Another excellent OP, PJ. I have loved reading all your threads so far.

quote:

There are also some really remarkable programs that local religious organizations provide the homeless in open defiance of local efforts to shut them down in order to force more homeless people to rely on Haven for Hope.

This hit a nerve with me because the NIMBYs in $TOWN-1 tried to do this to a homeless feeding program that my church there was doing. This kind of thing really makes me sad and angry. If you know, what jerk conceived the idea of trying to create a monopoly on good works?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleButterfly
Nov 5, 2012
Tbis thread hasn't reached its full potential. What I would like to know is: What is it that makes Haven for Hope an experimental homeless shelter? Is it the two-sided setup? Is this a unique innovation among homeless shelters?

• Locked thread