Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

kimbo305 posted:

I remember seeing a 2008 Ford Focus at a car show and asking where the trunk release was, only to hear that it open by lock or keyfob, and nothing else. Somehow that seemed cheaping out more than having a trunk release and no lock, which isn't uncommon. But nowadays, dead battery aside, it's second nature to use the fob on cars. It's weird how expectations change.

Weird, I have a newer Focus (13) as my daily and it has a button on the dash, a button on the fob, and a button in the hatch handle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Euro Fords did this for the longest of time, and it was the most annoying poo poo, before fobs and stuff became commonplace. If you wanted to open the trunk with the car running, you had to turn it off, since you had to remove the key so you could open the trunk with it.

I seem to remember some old Fords (late 80s early 90s) that had two keys, one for enclosures and one for the ignition.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

InitialDave posted:

It's apparently more than a little convoluted getting a car purchased and shipped out of Italy, their system really isn't geared up for the idea of a non-Italian buying something.

Much like Italy, it works but for sort of not understandable reasons. You have to know exactly all the little ins-and-outs and it helps a lot to know Italian. It's not nearly as bad as people say that it is.

• Locked thread