Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I saw one of these at a cars in the park thing last year. It was tiny and peering down into the interior (you can only ever peer down into one of these no matter if you're stood, sat, laying down...) it looked like the floor of the car was actually lower than the floor the car was sat on. Most odd. I fear Chapman may have been in league with the devil in order to create a rift in dimensions to lower the CoG on these things as it really does look like the car sits lower than it does in reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

kimbo305 posted:

I thought of a car that might benefit from more foot clearance but doesn't use this design -- the Mini:

I guess it's not possible given the insanely compact front end of the car. The tiny door and external hinges are good enough.

Yeah considering the wings are barely as long as the wheel arches you're poo poo out of luck doing it on a Mini. They rot like gently caress because the arches are basically open to everything the wheels throw up into them and the headlights slot into them so anything the wheel throws up could explode the back of your lights if you're unlucky. Also the radiator sucks air from the left hand arch which as mentioned, is open to the elements.

Minis are a masterclass in packaging but a complete loving annoyance to work on. Source: the little green that's currently living on my driveway being stored for a friend for a few months that I've spent far too long working on.

That said the doors are actually pretty 'large' and it's only an issue getting in the back, getting in the front is only a problem if you're over 6 foot tall or are a portly chap.

• Locked thread