Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
Aha, I was wondering when a thread on this would happen. My dad had one when I was growing up that... well. The S2 thing where the body and backbone aren't bonded? There's felt between them in places. Jolly good idea that (not). Ours was a Renault engine one but later we picked up a twink and then sold all of it to someone else.

Funny what Chapman was able to do with partsbin engineering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

This might have gotten addressed somewhere, but how is the shifter action compared to, say, the 348 and compared to some normal FR cars? When we had the Europa-shaped parts piles I always looked at the shifter linkage conglomeration with more than a bit of skepticism.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Slightly off topic but ha ha ha ha holy cow this is such a bad idea. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Lotus-Other-modified-with-ground-effects-spoilerss-/222577985447?hash=item33d2ae87a7:g:X9IAAOSwtGlZMbXj&vxp=mtr

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

There at least used to be some company that would machine off the intake manifold stub from the Stromberg head and weld on stubs to accept Webers. Couldn't tell you what it would be.

Comedy option would be finding an old Cosworth BDA

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

You'd think in this day and age it wouldn't be that hard to have new ones milled.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Aw, that's kind of a shame, but I'll look forwards to whatever the next awesome thing is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

I would do unspeakable things to own a good (and from what I can tell, the ERA ones are good) GT40 clone.

• Locked thread