Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

kimbo305 posted:

And finally, the low curb weight means that adding a second passenger is more noticeable than in other cars. A 170lb friend is adding 10+% weight for the motor to hustle around. It goes from pretty quick to only quick with a friend riding along.

This is a point of hilarity in my MR2. The probably 90hp at the wheels is "adequate" for just me, add wife or friend and it's just downright slowballs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

Mahatma-Squid posted:

I recently got a little Fiat x19 and it has rear boot, engine bay and frunk release mechanisms in the cabin, although the engine and rear boot release is in the passenger side door jamb (because changing that between standard LHD and RHD would have actually required some effort.) so it's less convenient than if it were just conventional locks.

That is inconvenient. My aw11 has a gas door and boot release by the driver's door sill, engine release sorta behind the driver's seat, and frunk release in the typical bonnet location.

• Locked thread