Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

SCA Enthusiast posted:

Whoo boy reading that first sentence before the image loaded put some images in my mind.

No, he already sold the white Ferrari.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Carb'd turbo? Always a bad idea.

Modern "body kit" on a '70s car? Always a bad idea.

Bad idea? Agreed.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:siren:

Don't mean to threadjack, but since we're talking about early '70s Lotus:

I stopped at an estate sale near me today and found a '72 Elan. 59k miles, original dead owner. Passed at $19k, because I couldn't find reliable pricing... they want the car sold by 3 today... thoughts?

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jul 15, 2017

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

kimbo305 posted:

When did it last drive? If it's running nicely, I think 19k is not bad. 15k would be a goood deal. All assuming it's at least running.

It runs and drives, but I passed. I think it may have cleaned up really well.

I took the picture of the dash first, before I started thinking about buying the car itself. A clean period dash really pops. If you have yours redone, make sure to get the correct lettering underneath the clear. It's such a proper, period look.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

All I can see is the Jordans.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Seems like it was a good experience for you. It never seemed like a forever car, more of a stop-gap one... and it served its purpose well!

Good luck with the new house!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

kimbo305 posted:

I looked at this one more than a couple times, but I assume it'll be in the 40s:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2002-aston-martin-db7-5/

Trying to copy sigtrap? :D

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

kimbo305 posted:

Idgi; what did he have after the truck?

A Ford Ranger, I think.

Then a 2007 V8 Vantage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

kimbo305 posted:

drat pole:

Last night was the first time I used the spot, and it was pretty tricky with the neighbor's car giving me a pretty narrow gap.
Should be fine once I have more practice. There's a mild curb that you have to carry some speed over.

The 911 is a semi-beater -- not in great shape but totally usable. Not sweating stuff like that badge and the peeling paint.
On the fence about doing the IMS or just going with it.

Very nice, congratulations. Such a rarely seen view of a current Porsche. You can really see how wide they've made the things while maintaining traditional profile. What are the specs of this one?

• Locked thread