Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glyph
Apr 6, 2006

AH! Here's the europa thread.

That's a wild engine setup. Loving that the alternator (generator?) is turned by the intake cam. I'm trying to think here- is there an accessory belt on the firewall side? Probably not, right? No PS, AC...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

You Am I posted:

There would be one for the water pump.

That could be on the timing belt/chain though, right?

Love the monster quote for a sentence from Ars tech there.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

There is some amount of hp and some price point where I would consider that car. Maybe 10x less than what it's listing for.

Another Twin Cam Special came up: http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-lotus-europa-twin-cam/
The writeup has fewer details and talk of preventative mods, but it is a JPS.

This car is in my town, if anyone is curious enough about this car, I'd be happy to take a look- I have lift access and all that jazz at my uncles shop in the same area of the county.

I don't have a BAT account otherwise I'd have reached out to this guy already- there's a pretty good chance I have friends in common with this guy, car guys are fun to talk to.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

And now, with mixed feelings, I announce the sudden end of the Europa's stint in my life.

I've been house shopping in the Boston area for a while, trying to find something before I got priced out of here. Most of the good stuff in convenient locations have off street parking at best, and that's what I suddenly settled for. Between not having a garage spot (or having to rent one somewhere) and wanting to have cash on hand for buying the place, the Europa was suddenly much less viable.

Congrats on the house purchase! I know you've been circling this for a while.

Funnily enough, I was over in Watkins glen on friday for the town part of their vintage grand prix weekend.

I think I took three photos there, two were of these europas:

These are not large cars.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/d/1973-lotus-europa-special/6416432460.html

Too bad you don't have a garage space. There might be some money to be made on BaT. Or a huge hole to throw money and time into.

E: RAN WHEN PARKED.

• Locked thread