Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Palladium posted:

1070 down to $2.30 a day before power

I’m doing 3.25 before power with a 1070, check your stuff. 1060 miners there is new software that is 30% more efficient

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Not unless you want to mine alt coins directly. Enable p0/memory oc/reduce power. The 1060 update is not integrated into nicehash yet afaik so if anyone has got em i’d use whatever sw is faster.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Anyone going to mine and hold? Ether hitting 200 soon. Will probably switch from nicehash to mining directly

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
BTC forks are coming, some providers going dark until the network sorts itself out.

http://mailchi.mp/coincards/uasf-segwit-bitcoin-judgement-day

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
I've managed to maintain my payout per day by adding 50% hashrate :razz:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Canada's craigslist is booming with listings http://www.kijiji.ca/b-ontario/rx580/k0l9004

rough exchange is $500 CAD is $400 USD

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Still making 4-4.5x power cost, this means still running nicehash

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Psh, 7-11 Taquitos on the hotdog rollers

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

MaxxBot posted:

Wow profits are actually trending in the positive direction today!

To the moon!

:smugdon:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

ed: lol http://imgur.com/a/iFhTy

https://blockchain.info/address/1GwtZF9QFKWNqCRHLx1Y9adGcrhQSUnNfY

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
That buy bitcoin guy is holding 5 BTC for his on air stunt

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Why did you buy so many cards without risers or multi pci-e 16x slot motherboards?

Try to sell them, otherwise return them back to newegg (if they let you)

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
I moved onto ETC/PASC mining, getting paid tomorrow from nicehash and gonna cash that out before the bitcoin issue

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

1gnoirents posted:

Jesus it just happened to me. I was sitting here pondering what to do about my mining pc. Outside of the GPU, its paid itself off already. The 1080 in it was a used card I had in my main PC which cost me exactly $400.

Now, resale of that today would let me break even on that card + maybe $50 or so all said and done. Considering I used it for 5 months, thats a big win overall, and the plan always ways to get a 1080ti and sell off the 1080 anyway and this would put me firmly on top of everything. Mining is "crashing" relative to the craze it was and I don't see it returning to that which would affect near term resale prices probably, but my biggest concern are the Volta rumors in September. Even discounting any kind of over supplied used market thats going to rear end blast its value.

So the intelligent thing would be to cut and run. There is no way around it. But I dont want to... im sitting here doing math months out in advance speculating at $2 a day, $1.50 a day, $1.00 a day, how long would it be before I make enough money to justify not selling today (its a lot of days). But I think I'm gonna do just that. I'm a slave to this now. Tell my family I gave it my best try but I have succumbed to the buttcoin

Sell and rebuy after it gets priced down by volta/miners. Profit now immediately, rebuy and pocket another $100-150 :getin:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Peachfart posted:

You guys could make more money with less effort by going to local fountains and stealing coins, or mowing your neighbor's lawn(you may even get a bonus glass of lemonade).

So do you show your QR code before or after you mow their lawn? How many verifications should I wait for before starting the job :confused:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Prescription Combs posted:

Shiiiiit is the resale market crashing? I've inherited my deceased step brothers mining poo poo that I was going to test, clean up, and offload.

Do you have access to his wallets?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Card crash is like 2-4 weeks away, once the miners realize they can't get over MSRP they will be happy to simply be rid of the cards that are already paid for.

I'm still mining

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Shifty Pony posted:

I've found that you pretty much never want to have the cheapest Craigslist listing because people assume there is something wrong with it.

Also everyone is going to try and knock a few bucks off the price. Use it to your advantage and price higher so they can negotiate you down and feel like they are getting a deal.

This guy uses CL, he knows whats up.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Why doesn't someone call the IRS and ask the question?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
These arguments are dumb

Claymore posted:

The DAG epoch issue: it seems AMD fixed it for Vega in drivers and now they are working on Polaris. New drivers will be available soon, may be in two weeks or so.

AMD fixed their drivers it seems

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Instead of theorycrafting potential tax implications, perhaps call the IRS directly and find out your specific query.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Junior Jr. posted:

It's almost time for that new data fork thingamajig come august, but china's already quickly storing its bitcoins beforehand. I think the crypto rate will just be pretty low for about a month or so.

You mean proof of steak? That's not coming for a while, and even then there are other cryptos to GPU mine.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Ethereum alone uses the energy of a small nation, bitcoin probably uses a not insignificant portion of chinas total energy output to power their ASIC farms.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

1gnoirents posted:

Even at its worst so far that comes out to like 6 days a month to make up for power

I'm getting more convinced that the whole "haha the cost of electricity is more than you make" thing is a huge scam to prevent people from mining buttcoins to make their buttcoins more valuable. I know thats not true, but ... I mean it doenst even come close anymore

Mining is unprofitable so you should stop mining, thanks in advance

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
BTC to the moon

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
If you really wanna spend several grand on mining just buy the coins themselves.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

quote:

https://news.vice.com/story/bitcoin-is-back-baby

Bitcoin has now jumped almost 80 percent from its mid-July lows. At the time, a pending change to the blockchain, or transaction ledger, attached to each bitcoin was causing anxiety among traders. The change, known as the “fork,” happened just last week and split bitcoin into two different cryptocurrencies: bitcoin and bitcoin cash. With two versions, some traders worried that compatibility issues would leave them with useless bitcoins.

Invest in crypto, make cash money.

Anyone dealing with BCH yet?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Poloniex will support it in January

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Jokes on you guys, $5 of my BTC I forgot about is now worth $10, time to cash out :razz:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Buttcoin purse posted:

When the hyperinflation apocalypse happens, are you going to (1) let your parents have some of that money, or (2) spit on them and leave them to rot in the gutter? If you picked 1 you're a beta who's going to die like the rest and I'm glad you sold so that there's more bitcoins for the strong hands to HODL.

I will keep this in mind while I transfer the :10bux: to amazon credits.

Honestly though, the people that had thousands of bitcoin in 2014/2015 are probably in either severe depression or contemplating suicide. Like can you imagine, time bias of course, that you were holding millions of dollars worth of fake internet money and threw it away for pennies?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Use paper wallets people, or invest in GBTC

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
bbbut Crypto is crashing any day now :argh: I guess I'm going to save my crypto giftcards for volta and a 2080

ed: I bought an appliance off amazon with fake e-money

Paid by Amazon.ca Rewards Visa: CDN$ 123.97
Paid by Gift Certificate: CDN$ 180.00

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Aug 29, 2017

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Facebook Aunt posted:

How are you cashing out in .ca? The only thing I could find to take my butts was Steam. All the other common suggestions were all "no gently caress you we only deal with americans".

https://www.coincards.ca 5% fee. Sort of high but consider you don't need to scan your photoid to quadrigacx to get actual cash. If you want cash-like convert it into grocery giftcards or costco.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Please add to OP

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Minting 600 sols or 45 MH/s, still making that sweet fake eMoney

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

QuarkJets posted:

Anyone claiming at least $2/day in mining income after electricity (many of the posters in this thread) would likely be over that threshold. But that's assuming they're accurately tracking electricity costs and the spot price of bitcoins

Income? I make giftcards using throwaway email addresses

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

PerrineClostermann posted:

I wish to subscribe to your vlog

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
1w

BTC +15%
LTC +50%
ETC+33%
ETH+25%

ZEC flat

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Twerk from Home posted:

This whole thread reminds me of when I go to ALDI and somebody left a quarter in a cart, so I come home with an extra quarter. Boom, 25c per day.

You totally got us, masters of pennies

quote:

Item Subtotal: CDN$ 269.00
Shipping and handling: CDN$ 5.90
FREE Shipping: -CDN$ 5.90
Tax Calculated (GST/HST): CDN$ 34.97
Tax Calculated (PST/QST): CDN$ 0.00
Total: CDN$ 303.97
Paid by Amazon.ca Rewards Visa: CDN$ 123.97
Paid by Gift Certificate: CDN$ 180.00

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Im sorry I only think in terms of BTC now and automatically convert every price to fractions of BTC such as 0.0000000321344 for a cup of coffee and so on, it's very easy please buy more bitcoin with your real money

mBTC

• Locked thread