Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dont use a phone app if you dont want it connected to your phone. Also 1000s of dollars is less than a bitcoin. Nice try poor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Oh ok, then he’s safe

you cant steal my money if i already lost it all gambling on crypto. May i interest you in weedcoin? Dennis rodman endorsed it and he's a man who knows his money

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tonic posted:

What is everyone mining on their Nvidia rigs these days

overwatch because AMD still hasnt patched the stability issues on the biggest esport game.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Craptacular! posted:

AMD has issues with Fortnite?

harr har har fortnite isnt esports yet, just the most popular game.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol at no fees. How do they make money if not to steal from you in some way

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what lovely GPUs are you talking about? There shouldnt be any that are good for bitcoin and bad for gaming due to the nature of mining

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Devian666 posted:

I'm meaning gamers that are stuck buying lower performance gpus to suit their budget. Recent months have seen a lot of people gpu mining altcoins. As you say mining bitcoin on a gpu hasn't been worthwhile for quite some time.

Im seeing some broad generalities here and saying "as you say" to something I havent said confirms it. Are you here just to be agreed with or did you have something to discuss?

GPU prices are back to MSRP and widely available

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A few large farms got hit by flooding so it could just be damaged items being thrown out, not someone giving up on mining

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
soon to be on ebay: 100 rx 480s, smoke free environment, never used to mine, no water damage. All sale final, no returns.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
buy high sell low.

If he had at least invested into mining he could have assets to sell

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really dont think the big use GPU sell off people are wishing for is going to happen. Most current gen GPUs that are paid off are still profitable to run and will be for awhile

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thats still nothing like the $80 280x dumps. It makes sense that the most expensive GPUs see the largest drops.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jul 27, 2018

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lambert posted:

My hobby is having my PC run YouTube on autoplay all day without a monitor connected. It makes the place a little warmer and louder but it's a decently fun hobby.

Make sure you have ad block so you don't accidentally make someone money

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have solar on the roof so I can add another 20 1080tis and keep blasting the AC

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
unless they somehow neuter the 11xx GPUs in mining only I can only forsee another GPU drought. Luckily the 10xx are still more than overkill for most games

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey now it's a common term with us financial types

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
life is a waste, end it now and save the trouble

• Locked thread