Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
$6277, this is good for bitcoin, it's mathematically impossible to fall to $6000 so buy the dip and hodl boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Rejoice, as the $6k barrier has been broken downwards.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Just got a bunch of email offers from my local mom & pop PC store re: graphics cards. I don't know if it's a crash but at least GPUs are back to normal prices

I think the endgame for current gen GPUs is MSRP with a bundled game or two. Nobody is really gonna buy them at higher prices with next gen imminent, and the OEMs would rather return the cards to NV if they can't sell at MSRP.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Zero VGS posted:

Is this really a thing though? I mean why would NVidia agree to take back chips they already sold, when everyone understands the market is so volatile?

Remember the good old days where we can get ~$100 9800GTs, GTX460s, HD5850s etc when those cards aren't really that much slower than the latest and greatest back then. I doubt AMD/NV and the OEMs makes any profit at those prices and all of them eventually realize how stupid that was.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Upda8 on my m8

As you may or most likely may not recall, I posted that a mate of mine borrowed 100k to 'invest' into bitcoin and shitcoin(s) back when bitcoin was worth 17k per coin.

I stopped asking him how it was going when bitcoin had fallen to 11k.

We just had a laugh over how it's now at 6k and change, and he's resigned to simply paying off the loan, and happy he's "not come out of it with nothing"

As in, he's still holding "assets".

Fair enough, I s'pose. A good mental attitude is always the first step.

You don't lose anything it you never sell it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

latinotwink1997 posted:

This. It just seems like you'll end up with a couple Chinese ASIC farms controlling a majority of the currency, making it no longer decentralized. They manipulate it how they choose meaning the benefits of crypto is gone and suddenly it’s just dead. No one uses it, the farms die out and we’re back where we started.

And honestly, I long to see that day come.

This is good for bitcoin.

• Locked thread