Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Hey guys, I'm retarded and also could use some money. I have free electricity where I am. How should I capitalize on this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

If only there was a post detailing exactly what you need to do, in simple steps, somewhere in this thread, perhaps near the beginning of it?

But seriously don't buy new hardware just to mine because it'll take you half a year to break even which is stupid long.

Sorry, should have phrased that differently. That was my question really. Nicehashs calculator says some mining computer (antminer?) Would pay itself off in 60 days or so, and its roughly 1k. Wasn't sure if those ki d of setups would be worth it given 60 days for a room seems decent.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Kazinsal posted:

Reminder: If you invest any sort of startup capital of your own into cryptocurrency whatsoever you are a moron and will be mocked as such.

how do i invest other peoples capital into my cryptomining operations

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

craig588 posted:

That's the whole consumer cards not supposed to be for compute thing. I showed how to mod Maxwells in the OP, but right now Pascals are uncracked. If anyone manages to crack the bios flashing protection on Pascal I'll get the mod going there too, though because there's no tools for it you'd have to edit the bios manually in a hex editor.

I've done a lot of poking at drivers and software trying to get P0 state during compute and they've made a pretty explicit choice to lock that out if you don't have at least a Quadro. So far every software edit I've been able to come up with at best does nothing and at worst requires safe mode and the drivers getting reinstalled.

Weird, my 1070 doesn't downclock at all. currently at 7900 MHz on the memory clock.

• Locked thread