Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

I have noticed the rate jumped when there was a huge moon on the 13th. Even though it just wemt back to the 8000 mark we were stuck at for a while

Its still bad but its...less bad

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Ah see just because murder is wrong doesn't mean it wasn't deserved

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Shhh dont ask questions

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

I signed up for that though its a little strange and start-upy. I'll see what happens. I can put a 1070, 1080, and 1080ti towards it if theyre willing but one 1080ti will just have to continue mining I guess since its my regular computer as well. Its using Google Docs for its web forms lol

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I filled out that form the first time you posted that but never got an answer 🤷🏻‍♂️

After clicking around I'm pretty sure this is a one man operation. You can even see his picture if you click on the chat button with something like "unavailable, on reddit" lol

The concept is very solid though I hope it takes off

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Slider posted:

Is that number for real? I don't know two shits about mining, why do people do this??

It was well in the dollar range two weeks ago. Its been "bad" since February, $2.50 is considered the floor for a lot of people to start mining again tbh (due to power mostly), I bet a lot of home mining started back up in the last two weeks.

But yeah in late December and a lot of January you could make $400 a month on just a 1080ti. I bought a motorcycle (this is like a hundred burritos) off of January lol

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

*includes profits from trading as well as mining

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

I'm trying to download the legacy version of nicehash (now just called AMD) on my new Dell with the Vega M/Intel chip just for giggles. But chrome, edge, and internet explorer outright blocks the download with no apparent way to get around it. I looked into it briefly and because thats the open source version that code appears in malicious programs... an issue that is unavoidable for the time being.

Is there any way to download this? I feel very strange being cockblocked so hard without a way to download it even if it is flagged.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

I had a kali stick lying around and I just tried chrome in that and it was fine with it. silly...

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Yeah why even sell them at all, all you're doing is diluting the market with them to start with might as well be the one getting all the money for it. The company should be "we make our own ASICs and then use them thanks".

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

lol that is very SA

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

well they should do it again :cool:

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

El Grillo posted:

Is there any exchange which makes it easy to withdraw real cash amounts? Coinbase wants me to link my bank account which will cost me £10.00 in international bank transfer fees. Anywhere that will pay out to Paypal or something similar (or I guess that would mean even larger fees most likely)?

e: I guess they all need to verify with SEPA anyway if they're EU huh. drat I am broke

e2: oh Bittylicious.com seems easy as hell, is it a tarp?

I cant remember the EU recommendations but they are near the beginning of this thread. Sorry :|. Coinbase is not convenient outside of the USA

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

The ROI is too bad and despite the uncertainty of when exactly, we are on the verge of a new release. I do find all these reports very puzzling considering the pricing of GPUs. If there really is a massive surplus in inventory... why not put them on sale? Even a minor sale would cause a frenzy. The current pricing is still higher than it was a year a half ago. The cryptocurrency buying bonanza really ended months ago yet supply was very short up until recently... and now hundreds of thousands of cards being returned by distributors? Maybe its just bullshit stemming from some guy who wants everybody to short stocks

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Fauxtool posted:

A few large farms got hit by flooding so it could just be damaged items being thrown out, not someone giving up on mining

I mean that makes a lot more sense than anything else since all of that is obviously worth money if it were working. Still...what a sight

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

This Jacket Is Me posted:

So,

With chink money about get to smashed into oblivion by trade war, mainlanders are going back to using BTC to safeguard their cash. I fully expect the US agencies to help them out here, too. If you've got a pot and want to cash it out, a slow burn through established exchanges with exposure to mainland markets is probably going to be the best deal you'll get for some time. JTLYK

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I mean sure I hope youre right cause its self serving but wow what a post

Still mining to echo above, about to dump them all for the new gen though. Just need to decide when exactly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

LRADIKAL posted:

Got an email from @bitcore.io saying I have received "A payment of 0.001102 BTC has been received into your wallet."

From the miner that ripped us off last year? Can't even remember the name, haven't checked my wallet yet. Hmm.

Nicehash. They are, against all odds, paying everybody back (who kept up with their address)

edit: in bitcoin of course when the value has dropped 125%, but still.

• Locked thread