Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerox
May 20, 2001

Fauxtool posted:

all the mining hardware guys do that where they "test" the customer's stuff for a month and take the bulk of the profitable mining time.

Buttcoiners are generally pieces of poo poo who will try and cheat you at every chance because cutthroat business and no chargebacks. When it inevitably happens to them the whining is amazing.

A business model pioneered by Butterfly Labs back in the bitcoin days. How is Butterfly labs doing these days?

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/02/bitcoin-startup-butterfly-labs-settles-with-ftc-for-38-6m-but-it-cant-pay/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001

MaxxBot posted:

I already have all of my computers stuffed with cards, guess it's warehouse rental time.

Rental? I'm still waiting on the true believer "I just bought one acre of land and going to build a custom cooled mining warehouse!" post.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Twerk from Home posted:

2 weeks ago, it was a chipotle burrito per day.

2 weeks from now it will be one of those frozen bean burritos you get at the gas station for 50 cents.

nerox
May 20, 2001

1gnoirents posted:

I could have bought them at $0.01 each I think about that a lot. GBS told me not to lol. Of course Id have sold everything when it hit a dollar but still.

Also the people who bought pizzas for 30 bitcoins

That's the problem, everyone is saying "Man, if had bought at 0.01 cents I would be a millionaire off my investment!". But at the same time, what makes you think you would ride every downturn, every failed exchange, would you even still have your bitcoins or would you have lost them to said exchanges?

At the same time, there have been a lot more failed crypto-currencies and other schemes than ones that survive. No one looks back and says, I wish I had bought more flooz!

*Note: I know Flooz wasn't a cryptocurrency, but from the end-user standpoint, its an alternative currency for internet sales that was fraught with credit card fraud just like a real cryptocurrency!

nerox fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Aug 16, 2017

nerox
May 20, 2001
How do you pre-mine a bitcoin fork?

Also since every bitcoin in existence is essentially duped in a fork, isn't saying "no premine" a little disingenuous?

• Locked thread