Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
I got a GTX1070 a while ago to replace my GTX970. I put the 970 in my wife's computer so I'm running NiceHash on both machines while we aren't using them. I just started but it looks like the 1070 is way way faster than the 970. Maybe even to the point where the 970 isn't even worth it.

Edit: Okay now they switched to something called Blake2 and the 970 is making more than the 1070. I'm glad I don't have to ever think about this again.

TomR fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Yeah, now that they've been running a while the 970 is bouncing off 80c and the 1070 is around 65c.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Nah, this thread is more "There are people paying for poop. I can poop and would like to sell it but I don't want to touch it"

TomR
Apr 1, 2003

B-Mac posted:

What if I want to touch my poop but don't want to sell it?

That's when you get mocked.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I think I'll be lucky to get $10 total out of this.

Someone should write a program that distributes rendering jobs or something so people can get paid to let their computers do real work instead of this garbage.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I "made" $9.87 over the past two days and I'm done now. I'm gonna go mow the lawn for the old lady who lives across the street and she'll pay me $20 and give me a coke to drink while I do it so that's pure profit.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I have 0.00375043 BTC ≈ 12.11 CAD apparently but I don't know how to spend it on anything. I'm in Canada. Someone take my bitcoins and give me a cup of coffee or something pls.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Cut your losses and move on.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I literally did the lawn mowing thing. It was mostly to help out the old lady on my street but she insists on paying me. Still, I'm up $20 a week from lawn mowing and the $12 worth of buttcoins I mined is now worth $10 because it's dropping in value and I haven't bothered to figure out how to spend it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I dropped out a long time ago and all the recent talk was making me think maybe I should start again but now I can honestly say lol

• Locked thread