Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Fauxtool posted:

ITT post cool poo poo you bought with bitcoin.

I built an all AMD system for games using money my 1080ti mined for me. ryzen 1600 and rx 580 bought before the prices went to the moon.

I also got a pretty nice motorcycle helmet and a lot of other motorcycle gear. It was really nice having an account with money I could spend frivolously on myself without concern. I left the rest as bitcoin where it has appreciated considerably.

I bought my kids a Nintendo Switch (and controller. And OTHER controller. And charging dock. Seriously, the Switch is some nickel and diming bullshit) from mining with one 1070 from June to November/December.

E: I added a couple 1070s in November and a couple of 1080 Tis in December if I’ve got my timeline right.

I took out my last BTC when it rebounded recently. It’s been pretty good to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Klyith posted:

mining on the blockchain floodplain

idk why they stopped, floodplains give +1 to food; did it get replaced by a farm or did they put a district up

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Disco De Soto posted:

Thanks, this was very insightful.

I do have some other questions - I'll PM you so I don't hijack the thread.

I wouldn’t mind reading your questions and what Quark has to say.

I love effortposts.

It’s a problem, sorry.

• Locked thread