Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005
OP needs a picture of rigberries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005
If you want to make money seriously start your own landscaping company. They rake in money. :v:

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005
Shiiiiit is the resale market crashing? I've inherited my deceased step brothers mining poo poo that I was going to test, clean up, and offload.

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005
Checked the wallet and he cashed it out before the deed. His death was not related to the buttcoin markets directly. Just used it to fund his addiction.

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Jesus, you were serious? Sorry man :(

Yeah... :(

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005
Christ. I don't know what to do with all this stuff. There's still more to pick up.

13 R9 380's
4 RX 460's
3 R9 370's
6 AM3+ 970 mobos
7 PSUs

^ Just in this pic alone

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

MaxxBot posted:

I would put the GPUs on ebay or sell them on craigslist ASAP, with the other hardware it's less urgent because it's not going to crash in value.

Did get a nibble on CL for the whole lot of 380s, but they have not yet counter offered/replied.

Is $2k too much to ask for 13 R9 380s? My ad has them up for 200ea OBO.

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

Post all that poo poo for sale on ebay/CL/forum sales site of choice NOW and then start cleaning it up and getting it ready to go over the next few days while you wait for the lowballers and looky-loos to clear out and you actually end up selling it all.

Pro tip: best to sell a bit under "market value" now and actually get some still decent cash rather than trying to get $$$absolute top dollar$$$ since it looks like things may be on the tipping point of crashing.

edit: heh you posted while I was typing this up, seems like you got the right idea

Fair enough. Lowered my asking price to $150 each which seems a bit lower than market.

e: Eugh stupid buttcoins.
e2: Put em in SA-Mart, too, if anyone needs a video card. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3827434

Prescription Combs fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jul 19, 2017

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005
Glad these cards are selling fast! Already offloaded almost all the 380's.

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

Wow you're losing out on untold riches man

The riches of Rigberries™.

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005
The kWh reporting might be factoring in power factor. I don't really know how the kill-a-watts work though.

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005
Fired nicehash up on my ryzen 7, gtx 1070, and gtx 1060 laptop and it's averaging just about $5/day :haw:

Horay for $0.069/kWh power.

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

Uhhh don’t do that, unless you like melted laptops

Only topping out around 70c on mine! :v:

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005
Just make your own RigBerries™.

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

i'm not going to shill for miningpoolhub but i will say that i'm making more than i used to with nicehash, it lets me cash out basically whenever i want and will do so in a wide variety of low-fee altcoins. and the fee structure is obvious and fair.

ok i guess i'm shilling for miningpoolhub, but my point is if you've got literally any exposure with nicehash (and if you mine less than 0.1btc a day, you do) you should pick basically anything else. except winminer, their fees are both hidden and gigantic.

Been doing the mona pool w/ these dudes. Get about 1 mona per day with the stuff I've got.

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005
Tuned my cards around the same. +100 core clock, +400 mem, 80% power limit. Their hash per watt goes up significantly with not much loss in overall hashing power.

e: The NiceHash complacency is pretty entertaining. Best of luck to those still using them.

Prescription Combs fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 27, 2017

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

I have that deal with my panels and I would still rather have the excess go back to the grid rather than be an idiothellfucker with this idiocy

I'd only do that if they paid me what they bill me per kW/hr. gently caress 'em.

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

You're not maintaining a massive and complex electrical distribution system so: No.

Nope. But, they could incentivize the payback rate to get more people contributing back in to the grid to reduce their costs. There's very little incentive to feed back in to the grid with the current state of affairs and it is more beneficial to myself to completely cut ties with the power company(can't because of monopolistic ordinances :v:). Therefore I'm still reducing pollution by saying gently caress you to the power company and generating/storing my own electricity.

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

Zero VGS posted:

There's nothing new about the technology, it's the economy of scale that will solve all our problems.

Solar panel pricing has dropped a tremendous amount in the last decade due to China pumping them out, and Tesla opened the largest battery factory in the world (I believe the largest factory, period). Give it a while more and it won't make financial sense for new houses to be built without a panel array and fuckoff-huge battery.

Yes. Now this is what I'm talkin' about.

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

Craptacular! posted:

A 980ti is performance wise pretty equivalent to a 1070, but uses more power.

Lyra2rev2 algo comparison:

980 Ti: GPU #0: 1215 MHz 148.70 kH/W 195W 46C FAN 68%
1070: GPU #0: 1942 MHz 219.10 kH/W 169W 60C FAN 69%

Both have their power limit tuned down to 80%. Seems like the 1070 should be running lower wattage but I don't know how accurate the reporting is in ccminer.

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

Don Lapre posted:

Ohh lol. he took a 60k heloc and bought Bitcoin at 19k

:thunk:

If he bought video cards he could at least re-sell them. What a goof.

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

IN MATH WE TRUST

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005
My rig garage heater dropped to $8/day from $14. :smith:

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005
Bitcoin crashin' just in time for the weather to warm up. No need for a garage heater any more!

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005
Direct transfer to coinbase from nicehash is now 0.004 :|

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005
Nicehash --> Coinbase down to 0.003. They just can't make up their minds.

Also almost below 8k/btc. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

tehinternet posted:

Is anyone ITT still mining?

Stopped my mining machine. Gave one 1060 to a friend in need of a new gpu.

• Locked thread