Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Plutonis posted:

jack the stripper

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
She certainly strips, from a point of view.

:iamafag:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also I thought the Youkai Apartment one was an adaptation of the other manga by the Maidragon dude but it isn't the case

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Also I thought the Youkai Apartment one was an adaptation of the other manga by the Maidragon dude but it isn't the case

We are here to help you cope with the disappointment.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
AXZ, New Game+, apocrypha, Netsuzou, Convenience Store: The Show, and Sakura Quest at the very least. Possibly Gamers! as well.

It's gonna be rough keeping up with this season. I might do the occasional bingewatch of Sakura Quest / Convenience Store, because they don't strike me as the kind of show that you just have to keep up with on a week-to-week basis. Still, definitely a lot of stuff I'm interested in.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Plutonis posted:

jack the stripper

Got ya covered.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Is the Seitokai Yakuindono movie going to be available on a special streaming plan that costs 25 cents/minute?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I like how almost everything in the list is going to be available either in CR, Funi or Amazon.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wark Say posted:

I like how almost everything in the list is going to be available either in CR, Funi or Amazon.

I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Good news on the Saber front then, thanks everyone.

Also every time I see "Welcome to the Ballroom" my mind instantly fills in "we've got fun and games"

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
I shouldn't have put off watching Symphogear for so long.

This is actually a surprisingly interesting season. Along with the new Fate and Monogatari, I'm looking forward to Centaur's Worries, and Princess Principal looks like it could be good. What I'm really excited about is the OVAs for A-Channel and Cardcaptor Sakura, and a new Nanoha movie! :dance:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Strange Quark posted:

I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not.
That's for me to know and for you to grow indifferent to, Squarkster. ;)

I find Saber boring and Nasu's huge boner for gender-swapped King Arthur perplexes me. I don't know enough about the different NOT-Saber versions across all Fate/Minutiae nonsense to make statements about them, but I'm thinking that they're all as interesting as wet blankets. Also, why does Type-Moon continues to evoke the upstanding King Arthur, instead of the superior Graham Chapman-flavored one?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you think saber is boring because you never saw the entire arc where she is actually a character who gets focus and development. she's not the best character in f/sn but she's plenty good when she actually gets to have focus, she's not as relevant as a lead in ubw and fate/zero is kind of just a parade of people making GBS threads on her

i dunno anything about the rest of fate so i can't say anything about any of the other sabers

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 21, 2017

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Wark Say posted:

That's for me to know and for you to grow indifferent to, Squarkster. ;)

I find Saber boring and Nasu's huge boner for gender-swapped King Arthur perplexes me. I don't know enough about the different NOT-Saber versions across all Fate/Minutiae nonsense to make statements about them, but I'm thinking that they're all as interesting as wet blankets. Also, why does Type-Moon continues to evoke the upstanding King Arthur, instead of the superior Graham Chapman-flavored one?

Nero is an OK character even though she has no justification for looking so similar to Arturia or even being female. Male Arthur from Prototype is a boring Mary Sue. Jeanne and Mordred are actually interesting characters, although Jeanne is fairly similar to Arturia in terms of general personality. I haven't read enough of Strange Fake to know what Richard is like. The others are basically throwaway jokes as far as I can remember.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I kind of like Jeanne though admittedly that's mostly just because I like her design (remains to be seen for me how this changes for Apocrypha and/or Grand Order) whereas original Saber's look is kind of dull.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Speaking of throwaway jokes, more like Unlimited Saber Works, am I right?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Julias posted:

In a Different World with a Smartphone. (Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni.)
Production Reed | Yanase, Takeyuki | ... | Light Novel | Adventure, Harem, Comedy, Romance, Fantasy | July 11, 2017
Touya Mochizuki was accidentally killed, and as an apology, God allows him to be reborn in a fantasy world and will grant him any one wish he desires. And so, Touya chooses to keep his smartphone in the next world. In his second chance at life, he befriends many important figures and comes across the world's secret. He inherits the legacy of an ancient civilization and travels around nonchalantly while possessing powers that rival this world's kings.
PV

No wonder that one publisher banned this premise. So lazy.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

http://store.steampowered.com/app/653320/Kemono_Friends/

buy

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

McDragon posted:

Good news on the Saber front then, thanks everyone.

Also every time I see "Welcome to the Ballroom" my mind instantly fills in "we've got fun and games"

I prefer Ballroom e Youkoso Japari Park.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Colonel posted:

you think saber is boring because you never saw the entire arc where she is actually a character who gets focus and development. she's not the best character in f/sn but she's plenty good when she actually gets to have focus, she's not as relevant as a lead in ubw and fate/zero is kind of just a parade of people making GBS threads on her

i dunno anything about the rest of fate so i can't say anything about any of the other sabers
I've actually played/read through FSN fully. Her arc is interesting and hints at a really complex + tragic person. It's just that she, as a character (and everything that entails), still feels super dull, despite said entire arc.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

I kind of like Jeanne though admittedly that's mostly just because I like her design (remains to be seen for me how this changes for Apocrypha and/or Grand Order) whereas original Saber's look is kind of dull.

She's got big tits but I prefer Jeanne Alter

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Mr. Fowl posted:

No wonder that one publisher banned this premise. So lazy.

The hilarious thing is you'd think it'd be like a monkey's paw wish, with it running out of power very soon with no way to recharge itself with current technology, or being unable to use the internet/GPS/etc. because humans haven't invented the internet/satelights yet...

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Plutonis posted:

She's got big tits but I prefer Jeanne Alter

Artoria Pendragon Alter my man.  Artoria Pendragon Lancer too.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the cellphone isekai show is going to be the only good thing this season

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Wark Say posted:

I've actually played/read through FSN fully. Her arc is interesting and hints at a really complex + tragic person. It's just that she, as a character (and everything that entails), still feels super dull, despite said entire arc.

oh. ok that's fair i guess

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
If Saber isn't a good character, why are there so many Sabers?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Because she is also a cute character.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also, Nodame is way more powerful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_s1IbRci-4

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

The Colonel posted:

Counterpart: Arturia is boring and dumb, and Nero is the only good Saber

Full disclosure: everything I know about Fate beyond the two ufotable anime comes from reading parody fan comics

I'm going to watch Kakegurui, Tsuredure, Symphogear, Ballroom Blitz, and they said they'd waive my duties in the Mighty Marvel Marching Society if I checked out the new Avengers anime so I guess that too. I'm also curious to see why the hell someone decided to remake Mahoujin Guruguru in TYOL 2017. Are remakes just easier to get funding for nowadays? When's the Akazukin Chacha remake by Dogakobo????

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

If Saber isn't a good character, why are there so many Sabers?

Because Takeuchi really likes drawing her(apparently), and it's also basically become a running joke at this point.

To wit, in terms of "is actually Arturia" we currently have:
-Arturia
-Arturia (Lily)
-Arturia Alter
-Arturia Alter (Santa)
-Arturia (Archer)
-Mysterious Heroine X - Not actually drawn by Takeuchi
-Mysterious Heroine X Alter - Not actually drawn by Takeuchi
-Arturia (Lancer) - Not actually drawn by Takeuchi
-Arturia Alter (Lancer) - Not actually drawn by Takeuchi
-Mordred - Not actually drawn by Takeuchi, technically a clone
-Mordred (Rider) - Not actually drawn by Takeuchi, technically a clone

There's also the "Has basically the same face as Arturia" (all drawn by Takeuchi) category of:
-Nero
-Okita
-Jeanne
-Jeanne Alter
-Jeanne Alter (Santa Lily)

Also a number of much lesser known characters, but none of the rest have much exposure.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

I'm definitely watching New Game 2, and I'm sticking with Sakura Quest and MHA. Made in Abyss and Restaurant to Another World look interesting, other than that I'll just see what gets picked up by Crunchyroll.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

mordred is a good saber too

the best saber however is arcueid

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Definitely interested in the new Guruguru, might give Princess Principal a shot, that Cellphone anime looks boring but maybe it'll be good?

I'm still actually bothering to watch Re:Creators for whatever reason and MHA season 2 is still going strong, so I'll have those to fall back on if nothing sticks out to me this season

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Everyone should watch symphogear imo

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Aurora posted:

Everyone should watch symphogear imo

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i tried. i didn't like it.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Blue saber remains insanely sexy

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

symphogear is the fate/stay night of anime

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The Summer Seasonal Stream Survey is up!

Vote for any/all of the shows you'd like to see, stream dates and times will come as we near actual air dates and simulcasts are announced. Availability of shows is always subject to last minute changes, in cases like a show not getting picked up or straight up not airing. Sequel seasons aren't on the ballot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I can't wait to hate the loving guts of the hajimete no gal guy in animated form this time

• Locked thread