Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

What I'm getting at is that Horizon turns me into that guy from Cromartie High who watched every episode and read all the supplemental materials of the comedy duo he hated, because he couldn't understand it, and not understanding it bugged the hell out of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

You guys are making horizon sound pretty good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah whenever people whine about a show in the most nerdy that guy with the glasses way, it actually comes out sounding pretty badass

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think it has some fun and cool stuff to it if you're willing to accept the premise.

Though to be fair I also like Gundam Wing.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gundam Wing is unironically good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I watched four episodes and it was boring and nothing made sense.

Horizon I mean, I watched all of Gundam Wing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I watched four episodes and it was boring and nothing made sense.

is that about gundam wing or horizon

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

drat it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

owned

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hello all, goon reviews here with my review of ninja scroll. *scoffing vociferously* let's just get this one out of the way first, folks: the shogun of the dark was NOT a real historical figure. shameful that they'd try to pass it off like it was.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It turns out Galileo was not actually a demon in the service of the space pope. Who'd have guessed?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
So, I'll be out in the field for over a month as the summer season starts. So I'll have to catch up on Ballroom and the monster mansion one.

But I've been gone awhile, what happened to Lucy?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

death comes for us all

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

This thread is too real for me

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Endorph posted:

hello all, goon reviews here with my review of ninja scroll. *scoffing vociferously* let's just get this one out of the way first, folks: the shogun of the dark was NOT a real historical figure. shameful that they'd try to pass it off like it was.
If the message you took away from my complaints is that I dislike Horizon because it's unrealistic I'm uh not really sure what else I can say in response

I mean poo poo, you don't need to take my word for it, the whole thing's available on CrunchyRoll. If nothing else it's a very colorful and frenetic show, and maybe you'll be the one who can finally explain the backstory in a satisfactory way. In the meantime I... guess I'll continue watching the bastion of hard-nosed realism that is Flip-Flappers?

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
Horizon is good and fun and my favorite cartoon.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

And I'm glad of it.

Please tell me what in the actual gently caress is going on

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
That's pretty much LN territory since the anime does suck at explaining things even more than the LNs do, and I don't plan to read those until they're done being translated which at current pace is probably another 4-6 years out.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
YES:

The All-Might Power Half-Hour

MOE:

Centaurs and Sensibility

SURE, WHY NOT:

Hell Girl
Yami Shibai

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

So, I'll be out in the field for over a month as the summer season starts. So I'll have to catch up on Ballroom and the monster mansion one.

But I've been gone awhile, what happened to Lucy?

\_ツ_/

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Psiwri posted:

That's pretty much LN territory since the anime does suck at explaining things even more than the LNs do, and I don't plan to read those until they're done being translated which at current pace is probably another 4-6 years out.

so you are saying that even you, the un-ironic horizon fan who is rarer than a unicorn outside of japan, has no loving idea what is going on there.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Centaur_anime/status/878612839774081025

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Senpai.moe has almost all the airing times now, just waiting for the stream licensees to finish up their battles...

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I might watch new New Game since I heard good things about old New Game! that's all I got. Maybe if I ever catch up with Monogatari I'll watch that.

also man i didnt watch a drat thing this season so maybe I'll catch up. i was interested in sakura quest, glad to hear that was good. I'd like to get into Natsume Yuujinchou but that's got 6 seasons gently caress me. I've also heard really good things about Alice and Zoroku but don't know a dang thing about it.

Otherwise i'm watching dragonball and sailor moon all summer, god bless

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
watch natsume

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Three words, friend.
Little.
Witch.
Academia.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Netflix ever mention when they're planning on releasing that?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I think late June? Like, really soon? But it's only like half of the show for now? I dunno, Netflix's foreign show piece-mealing is weird, Terrace House had a sorta similar thing

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Three words, friend.
Little.
Witch.
Academia.
I was real excited for that, but I saw a lot of mixed takes on it so I cooled hard. I'll prob give it a look for myself tho when it's finally on Netflix!

i want too, i've heard it's good and chill but i'm just lazy as hell

I think what happened to me was that iwatched March Comes In Like A Lion a few months ago and I enjoyed it so much that my anime appetite was gone so I took a knee until now

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The 30th

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Nice. I know what I'm going to be marathoning next weekend.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Moltrey posted:

I think late June? Like, really soon? But it's only like half of the show for now? I dunno, Netflix's foreign show piece-mealing is weird, Terrace House had a sorta similar thing

Yeah, it's only the first half, and I don't think it's even going to be dubbed yet, so they don't even have that excuse. I know Netflix is bad with anime, but their treatment of their first anime that people actually wanna watch just seems spiteful.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
takes on early lwa were pretty mixed but it seems like everyone who's watched to the second half has come to really dig it

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
LWA is really good, and cute, and fun. It's like that Dr. McNinja shirt that has a shark and a Gorilla high-fiving. Like almost all of DRRR!!, but cuter.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Moltrey posted:

i want too, i've heard it's good and chill but i'm just lazy as hell

It's episodic so you could take it as slow as you want to. But if you want something really standalone, watch Hotarubi no Mori e. It's a short 44 minute movie by the same mangaka, and it's got a very similar feel to Natsume even it's totally unrelated.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://u.nya.is/btbxha.webm
first-name basis...

Hina Logic seems like a good show w/ Precure-esque simple vibrancy to the setting and chars. It feels like "animate a kids show, but in a late-nite time slot" is catching on fast.

it's a story about a princess who runs away from home to enlist in a school for magical girls so she can meet the girl she saw on TV and developed a crush on. if that sounds cute, check out ep 1. it's by Doga Kobo so it's full of charming animation

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jun 25, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Space Flower posted:

https://u.nya.is/btbxha.webm
first-name basis...

Hina Logic seems like a good show w/ Precure-esque simple vibrancy to the setting and chars. It feels like "animate a kids show, but in a late-nite time slot" is catching on fast.

it's a story about a princess who runs away from home to enlist in a school for magical girls so she can meet the girl she saw on TV and developed a crush on. if that sounds cute, check out ep 1. it's by Doga Kobo so it's full of charming animation

:rip: Those two.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I'm surprised, did Episode 1 got an early preview?

Anyways have a cool image from the website.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Strange Quark posted:

It's episodic so you could take it as slow as you want to. But if you want something really standalone, watch Hotarubi no Mori e. It's a short 44 minute movie by the same mangaka, and it's got a very similar feel to Natsume even it's totally unrelated.
the synopsis of this is very good, i might do this, thank you

The Colonel posted:

takes on early lwa were pretty mixed but it seems like everyone who's watched to the second half has come to really dig it
oh word? nice I'll give it some time whenever i get around to it

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

where's the cool image

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Julias posted:

I'm surprised, did Episode 1 got an early preview?

Anyways have a cool image from the website.

This is not Hina Logic!

• Locked thread