Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
What's the relationship between Luck & Logic and Hina Logic? Is it like Fate/Zero and Prisma Ilya?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

And where does Love Hina fit into all this?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I hope that in picking a safe and risky pick Julia's is tying himself into the probation challenge.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
:eng99: I can read good.

Namtab posted:

I hope that in picking a safe and risky pick Julia's is tying himself into the probation challenge.

Post what the terms are here, I forget. But sure.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Guy Goodbody posted:

What's the relationship between Luck & Logic and Hina Logic? Is it like Fate/Zero and Prisma Ilya?

Multimedia franchise between Bushiroad, Doga Kobo, and some other companies. There's a TCG and the now two anime that seem to take place in the same world. i tried the first one but ep 1 didn't do much for me and no one was selling it up. This one tells a different story with new chars.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Added the Space Battleship Yamato 2202 Movies to the OP. Also added a few more thread links.

On a separate note, do you guys and gals have any suggestions for changes that you would like to see with the Season Thread OP?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Oh man, i forgot I'd be missing the new yamato stuff. poo poo.

Hm. Maybe i should bring a thumb drive with original yamato... hell, maybe LoGH.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

eat that space parfait

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

RME posted:

eat that space parfait

She's eating fast because it's literally vanishing in front of her

RME
Feb 20, 2012

yeah...space vanishing

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Julias posted:

On a separate note, do you guys and gals have any suggestions for changes that you would like to see with the Season Thread OP?

Nah it's good! If you do streaming links that would be way cool but it's not super necessary cause we all know how to use senpai.moe.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Julias posted:

Not really. It's very good.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Oh my god Re-Creators sucks so much poo poo. I got bored and started making shadow puppets during the last five minutes and have no idea what was said but know I missed nothing at all.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

We're all very proud of your shadow puppet skills

kater
Nov 16, 2010

it was cool i made like a 3d diorama doggie that could chase things

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Julias posted:

:eng99: I can read good.

Post what the terms are here, I forget. But sure.

Pick one or two anims from the season list.
These must be things that are completely new to you, you can't pick sequels or something where you've read the manga.
Watch the first episode and see what you think.

If the first episode is really bad (were talking about something like it turning out to be paedoshit) - 3 day probie
If the first episode is just bad to the point where you don't want to watch anymore (but not offensively bad) - 1 day probe
If you feel the first episode is bland - 6 hours
Otherwise nothing happens.

The safe pick is something I think ill survive, the risky pick is something I think ill eat at least a sixer on.

Julias posted:

Added the Space Battleship Yamato 2202 Movies to the OP. Also added a few more thread links.

Instead of a synopsis could you post about why a show will be bad and how Moe is the mind killer

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
But what is something being bland is bad to the point of not wanting to watch anymore? Like Pan de Peace. Or Himiko Note? (Yeah, I'm saying you should eat a probe for that one)

Also switched around my safe/risky picks.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Julias posted:

But what is something being bland is bad to the point of not wanting to watch anymore? Like Pan de Peace. Or Himiko Note? (Yeah, I'm saying you should eat a probe for that one)

Also switched around my safe/risky picks.

It's down to your taste, and the fate you think you deserve

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
it's Hinako Note and there's no way Namtab would renounce that show.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Oh my god I'm late to the party but I've just finished Kimi no Na wa and it is one of the best anime movies I've ever seen. The reveals, the evolving story, the emotional impacts and my god that art and soundtrack. What a fucken ride.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Webcormac McCarthy posted:

Oh my god I'm late to the party but I've just finished Kimi no Na wa and it is one of the best anime movies I've ever seen. The reveals, the evolving story, the emotional impacts and my god that art and soundtrack. What a fucken ride.

Now go watch Koe no Katachi.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I honestly did not care all that much for Kimi no Na Wa at first because I went to see it thinking "There's no way this is better than Garden of Words". I've seen it twice now (Kimi no Na wa, I mean), and I honestly don't know which one is better. It is, however, a pretty darn good movie. Also unlike almost every other movie I've seen on theaters since cheese knows how long, it has one advantage over them: It doesn't loving overstay its welcome.

So yeah, I hope this movie continues making Shinkai all them Fukuzawas.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Now go watch Koe no Katachi.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

RME posted:

eat that space parfait

Space parfaits are very important

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Man, I gotta give Bodacious Space Pirates another try.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Bodacious Space Pirates was fun! Like playing Raid Mode in the Resident Evil games that have it. It also has some tasteful Yuri.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's definitely a franchise that I would be over the moon to have some more seasons for.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's like the band you'll never clamor as your favorite, but you listen to their records a bunch because they're still super rad.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Reports from Tokyo MX are saying that Owari 2 will start airing on July 4th.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Grouchio posted:

Reports from Tokyo MX are saying that Owari 2 will start airing on July 4th.

I wonder what content that will adapt. All the seasons so far have basically stuck to 1 vol = 5-6 episodes, and the remaining Owarimonogatari book (vol 3) is no longer than the rest. Maybe they'll sneak Zoku in there too.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I really should've started watching MHA earlier. That's a good shonen series right there. Halfway through S1 today when I really should be doing something more productive...

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

If Centaur Worries can land itself somewhere safely between Demi-chan and Monmusu, then that's what I'll be picking up.

I'll have to finish Demi by the 9th though.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

an actual dog posted:

I'm glad there's a lot of anime and I'm glad that a lot of it is really good.
Isnt that loving up the industry though

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Jackard posted:

Isnt that loving up the industry though

And not 90% of it being isekai trash anymore?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
centaur's worries includes the best isekai story ever, though?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That's a really funny way of spelling KonoSuba, GTGDC.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Adapt all the things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YLceLUB9hg

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I don't even know what isekai means

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It means no worries, for the rest of your daaaays