Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Julias posted:

In a Different World with a Smartphone. (Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni.)
Production Reed | Yanase, Takeyuki | ... | Light Novel | Adventure, Harem, Comedy, Romance, Fantasy | July 11, 2017
Touya Mochizuki was accidentally killed, and as an apology, God allows him to be reborn in a fantasy world and will grant him any one wish he desires. And so, Touya chooses to keep his smartphone in the next world. In his second chance at life, he befriends many important figures and comes across the world's secret. He inherits the legacy of an ancient civilization and travels around nonchalantly while possessing powers that rival this world's kings.
PV

No wonder that one publisher banned this premise. So lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Seconding that Castlevania is pretty good and worth a watch. It's pretty obviously just like, the first part of a larger story, but it's well-animated and it's all in all better than expected. I'm not exactly chomping at the bit for the next chapter in the story, but I'll definitely watch when the next season comes out and I'm interested to see what else they do with their original animated stuff.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Wark Say posted:

OK, finished watching Castlevania. Ryotaro Okiayu as Trevor was a great casting choice. And while the series is far from perfect, it's pretty good, and as good a "serious" cartoon based on Castlevania as we're likely to get. Here's hoping the 2nd season that'll come next year does right by these episodes. That scene with the Bishop guy getting devoured was much more effective than I thought it'd be. Sometimes not showing is very effective. :stare:

I also thought that scene where some townsperson is trying to take down a length of intestine that a demon had apparently wrapped between poles as a garland was oddly funny. Just poking at it with a stick or something, like he's cleaning away ordinary trash. But yeah, the scene where the Bishop died could have been so bad given how heavy-handed the show was at times with regards to the church, but it was surprisingly one of the best scenes.

• Locked thread