Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Is the Seitokai Yakuindono movie going to be available on a special streaming plan that costs 25 cents/minute?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Sakurazuka posted:

:rip: WickedHate

Stay buried, WickedHate.

If Mahouka (at least the anime version, which I suspect smoothed over a lot of rough edges) had left the MC as just a really good inventor/technician rather than a secretly super specops walking nuke with the entire supporting cast's lips glued to the base of his dick, and cut down severely on the number of student council meetings, it might have been passable instead of a strangely fascinating case study. I watched it for the same reason I watched Horizon on the Edge of Nowhere: to see just how deep the rabbit hole went.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Horizon is a show where the Japanese student council that runs their city-state-ship somehow forces the baseball-club armies of the Western/Catholic armada to cease their attack by going "we call the Treaty of Westphalia!"

A king starts a world war by self-detonating one of his own shrines. He detonates it by having his army of robot maids do a folk dance. I still don't understand what the point was.

The conclusion of one of the seasons is two characters engaging in some form of formalized debate whose rules are never explained but apparently very important.

It also includes for no discernable reason a character who seems to be the Indian equivalent of a golliwog.

Judge.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
The Aho Girl OP reminds me a bit of the Omelette Song from Dragon Half.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Grouchio posted:

I remember infinitely more things from Re Zero than I did from (Dat rear end and lovely sponsored soundtrack) Grimgar.

Are you saying you don't remember the insanely good background art from Grimgar?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Endorph posted:

gyaruko is a cool manga that is pretty frank about sex and periods and stuff in a way that is really refreshing, especially for an anime

Seitokai Yakuindomo has been doing that for a while, and High School Girls did it at least a decade ago.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Was not expecting that next episode preview on The Reflection.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Cinderella Girls has some good im@ses, but they're diluted by the size of the cast.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Smartphone is what you would get if you took a mad libs template for an isekai story and didn't actually put anything into the blanks.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Davincie posted:

i absolutely did, what are you gonna do about it

Send over Elizabeth from Magi to fulfill your request.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I want to believe that someone actually screwed up the first one and the director went "Nah, let's roll with it."

Also,

The Colonel posted:

aguri is the best part of gamers

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

The Colonel posted:

idolm@ster: cinderella girls, locodol or love live: sunshine

og love live is ok but it's full of pretty limp drama and i don't think it really goes for anything to make it as especially fun or interesting

This list is disturbingly lacking in Puchim@s.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Allarion posted:

On a side note, they did hint that there will be a Producer in SideM, but they're still keeping the details under wraps it seems.

Here's hoping for letter P.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Darth Walrus posted:

When people say that a work has 'tone problems', what do you think they mean by that?

A non-trivial percentage of the time, they mean "I expect all media I consume to affirm my preexisting beliefs, and get pissy when they don't."

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Tarezax posted:

As a 2013 reg you may not know this, but ADTRW used to have an infestation of literal pedos before the great pedogeddon where they were all permabanned. This was back in like 2007

There were still some occasional weirdos who survived pedogeddon and would pop up now and then, like heiden, the guy who was waaaaaay too into a guro version of Little Red Riding Hood.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

What the actual gently caress. :stonk:

The manga was called Tokyo Akazukin. The guy's avatar was from it, I think he was involved in the group translating it, and he kept talking it up. I think the deal was that Red was some sort of regenerator who kept getting disemboweled (plus some good old fashioned surprise sex), but it's been years since I've heard/thought about it and I'm not going to go look it up.

He eventually got perma'd but it took a lot longer than I expected it to.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Xelkelvos posted:

Sounds a bit like Nana's Everyday Life given the regenerative thing. I vaguely recall something like that way back when and I think I'm more sensitive to that kind of stuff now than before.

It definitely wasn't Nana's Everyday Life, that was based on Elfen Leid and part of the point was that Nana couldn't regenerate her arms.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Rangpur posted:

It's the flashback of a character who never shows up again--there are no stakes or personal connection to any of the main cast. A show that dedicates an episode to go 'and on an unrelated note let's ponder what the Holocaust would look like if we replaced the Jews and Nazis with horse- and cat-people' is probably not traveling the road to financial success, is what I'm getting at. I admire the stubbornness that takes.

Maybe I missed something, but it didn't seem clear what the distinction between the legally distinct nazis and their victims were; we see multiple types on both sides.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Grouchio posted:

RE ZERO OVA ANNOUNCED.....

About Mayo. :livintrope:

I saw the raw and don't know enough Japanese to follow it, so I presumed the joke was that OVA is latin for "eggs."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Davincie posted:

when will there be an anime brave enough to give us the human x bugwoman sex scenes we deserve

Queen Diva alt spotted.

• Locked thread