Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
I shouldn't have put off watching Symphogear for so long.

This is actually a surprisingly interesting season. Along with the new Fate and Monogatari, I'm looking forward to Centaur's Worries, and Princess Principal looks like it could be good. What I'm really excited about is the OVAs for A-Channel and Cardcaptor Sakura, and a new Nanoha movie! :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Well, now I'm legit excited for this show.

Homura and Sickle posted:

i think princess principal has real potential to be a good show that does really badly commercially just like flip flappers

Yeah... :smith:

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
I have some first episode impressions.

Hina Logi: This feels like it's going to be a generic magical girl show, which I don't mind. Hell, I like generic magical girl shows.

Princess Principal: I went into this with some pretty high hopes and expectations, and I have to say they were pretty well met. If it keeps up this pace, this is a shoe-in for my favorite anime this season.

Fate/Apocrypha: First episode had about as much exposition and you'd expect for this series, and it did a good job of making me look forward to future episodes. I really appreciated the way Mordred delivered the 'master' line.

Made in Abyss: This is probably going to end up being my 2nd favorite series this season after Princess Principal.

Centaur's Worries: Not that I have a problem with SoL, and I remember it being done well in the manga, but I hope future episodes spend more time on the setting's society (like the teacher's speech about halfway through).

Castlevania: I watched all of this and I feel like this is what the Berserk anime should have been.

Nobunaga no Shinbobi is still running, and it's still good.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

We also finished last season's sukasuka, which was good, but the last half ep or so was rushed and a bit confusing. Still, I liked it quite a bit, and it was visually really cool when it wanted to be (I'm looking at you, rear end arm monster).

I really liked the Sukasuka's setting and it did a good job of making me care about the characters, but I felt its attention to its characters was lopsided. The kids in particular ended up getting pushed into the background after it made it seem like they would get more time spent on them.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
https://my.mixtape.moe/lrpzbd.webm

That poor kid in the bed across from them. :stonk:

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Knorth posted:

A skilled older sister

I mean, there's only three of them, but still...

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Turin Turambar posted:

And now I'm wondering about the context of that statue...

It's called "Man Attacked by Genii" and it's one of many sculptures at Vigeland Park in Oslo, Norway.

As for the context... :shrug:

Space Flower posted:

she's so blue

Hooray! :neckbeard:

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Here are my 3-episode judgements.

Princess Principal: Show of the season for me. So far, it's doing everything it sets out to do almost perfectly.

Made in Abyss: 2nd place for show of the season. Along with being beautiful, it balances its sense of childlike wonder and sense of overwhelming foreboding.

Hina Logi: This show reminds me of Dog Days, which is why I'm enjoying it.

Centaur's Worries: Unfortunately, it's not really living up to the source material, and if I find a better SoL show this season, I'm probably going to end up dropping this.

Fate/Apocrypha: Pretty standard Fate series, and the Servants are all entertaining so far.

Nobunaga no Shinobi: It's still good, but Chidori's barely in the new opening. What the hell's up with that?

Symphogear: Playing major catch-up, still on the first season, and already in love.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
It's not asking too much for an anime where Kirari and Anzu go on a globe-trotting idol adventure.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Princess Principal has been a drat riot so far and I really hope it doesn't poo poo itself before we're done. The central characters are massive dorks and weirdos but they're enthusiastic dorks and weirdos with highly entertaining team chemistry.

Princess Principal became my AotS by the second episode, and the latest one has made it a strong contender for AoY.

Wark Say posted:

Dorothy is my fave.

It's honestly very difficult for me to choose a favorite character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Meanwhile, in Hina Logi, Mahiro's eyes turn into jelly donuts.

Her uvula, too.

• Locked thread