Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Looks like a pretty good season to me :smug:

gonna add my list when I'm not phone-posting but will definitely be watching Hitorijime My Hero, also excited for Youkai Apartment and seeing all the ghosts animated :3. I'm reading it but it's been so long since I read the beginning chapters it'll be nice to see it from the start again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
in order of most likely to least likely to watch:

Hitorijime My Hero
Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou
Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu
Dive!!
Ballroom e Youkoso
Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun
Vatican Kiseki Chousakan
Konbini Kareshi

I was planning to either read or watch the older Saiyuuki stuff eventually so someday I may get around to the new show but not right away. I also have a buttload of backlog so I doubt I'll stick with all of these but it depends on how cute all the boys are.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
My impression having only watched a couple of old episodes and browsed the manga a little bit is that the manga is probably better. I started to watch the old anime a while back but it was only streaming dubbed and oh my god there was no way.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 21, 2017

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

GorfZaplen posted:

I'm surprised I'm not seeing more people interested in Altair, Ottoman Empire fantasy anime sounds interesting to me at least. Is the manga not very good or something?

I read some of the manga and the art was super nice but I just wasn't that interested overall and didn't stick with it. I may check out the show later after it's all out though.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
watch natsume

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you like youkai shows you might also check out The Morose Mononokean; I can't 100% vouch for the anime because I haven't finished it but I love the manga and enjoyed what I saw of the anime.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

Watch One Outs

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

No Mods No Masters posted:

It's hard to gently caress up anything that has just pillows songs for soundtrack too badly

even if it sucks at least the soundtrack will be good

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
buncha wrong opinions about the pillows itt

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
what

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yokai Apt has more going on than just comedy but it's going to take probably an episode or two more to get there.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think Aoyama-kun could be really fun if it's more of a sports show and less of a gimmick show and just uses the character quirks for quick jokes and not the entire substance of the show which it kinda looks like it's doing but hard to say after just 1 ep.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dive seems good so far. Main kid has a serious crush on his senpai and I hope he figures it out.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

StrixNebulosa posted:

I wasn't interested until the lady showed up

my friend this may be the wrong kind of show for you

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Araki posted:

Suddenly I'm interested in Ballroom.

lol that was kinda my whole interest in it too

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

I'm honestly not sure if I've ever found a show as viscerally repulsive as this one.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I watched about a minute of it and that was plenty lol

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've made it to the second episode of swordboys and diveboys, both are holding my interest so far.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Julias posted:

But I found the first episode of My Hero really bad to be honest. No opinion on the other two.

why

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was wondering if the animation was going to be it, bl shows are kinda notoriously lovely looking.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think I'm going to drop Aoyama-kun not because I dislike it at the moment but because I'm incapable of following that many shows per season and I'm actually staying on top of a few this time and don't want to get overwhelmed lol. I'll be interested in how it turns out and may pick it back up after the season is over but for now it's a casualty of my limited attention span.

Hitorijime My Hero is adapting more of the prequel story than I'd hoped, which on one hand makes sense since otherwise those two guys would barely be characters at all but on the other hand Boyfriend is kinda bad compared to My Hero so it sucks that's the part that it's opening with, especially since they're kinda dominating things vs Setagawa and Kosuke who feel more like supporting characters than leads right now.

e: Also swordboys has ended up having more substance to it than I was expecting. This first arc wrapped up in a pretty satisfying way and being a nice contained chunk it'll be good for anyone wanting to give it a three episode test.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jul 16, 2017

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mentat Radnor posted:

So, Vatican Miracle Examiner is kinda badass. It has everything!

- Hype OP!
- Mystery-solving handsome boys!
- Gory murders!
- More handsome boys!
- Satan!

and much more. It's the type of show that pairs well with drinking a lot of Communion wine, and I'm enjoying the campyness so far.

http://i.imgur.com/3nSLGMS.gifv

churchboys show is kinda wild, like the pace felt breakneck and it never really stopped to catch a breath between some new "miracle' or somebody getting brutally murdered. I watched the first two episodes back to back and I think I might continue to watch it in chunks especially if the mysteries are going to be contained in short arcs (assuming this first one wraps up w/ep3); I think the pacing will work better like that rather than speeding headlong into a week's wait for the next part.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
does the centaur show have a thread yet so the anatomy debate can go in it and then be launched into the sun

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
oh yeah a quality of life FYI for anyone watching stuff on Amazon, you can change how the subs look -- different colors, sizes, level of background transparency. May depend on what you're watching on, but you can also have 3 presets. There's a settings menu at the top right when you're on the Amazon Video page and it's under there. You can also adjust when you're playing a video which is what I had been doing but also found this setting page and it has way more options.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nitrousoxide posted:

Is it basically anime X-Files?

not...really? I mean I guess you could equate church with FBI and demons with aliens but the two leads don't even have a Mulder & Scully vibe imo.

I'm not entirely sure what its thing is since only 2 eps in it hasn't gone fully in on either being non-supernatural/totally mundane explanations for everything or actually some supernatural things mixed in with the mundane. Maybe after the third episode I'll have a better feel for it in that department.

e - On the leads: they have different specialties (smol one is math/science and tall one is ancient texts) and the tall guy gives off a more casual vibe where the little guy seems a bit more straight laced but I didn't get a skeptic vs believer vibe from them, they both seemed pretty faithful but maybe there will be conflict with that later. They're pretty easy to ship at least; hopefully it'll tease a little in that direction what with that fairly unsubtle fujobait ED

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jul 18, 2017

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
So far only one show has delivered on boys kissing
Hitorijime My Hero

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I didn't say it was a good kiss

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

it was obvious from the tease a while back but

wotaku is getting an anime

rip zoglin

yay!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sindai posted:

Miracle Examiners is a lot more ridiculous and elaborate than I was expecting. It's only the first arc and we already have Nazis.

yeah, it's so nutty but is pretty entertaining. Since it didn't do a 3-ep arc like I was anticipating I'm wondering what else is going to turn up like I'm assuming the two-headed shadow that keeps turning up is the deformed baby; plus everyone being high on drugs kinda explains a lot of the "demonic" presence it has

also lmao at "who could have imagined a priest being a molester!!?" and that also *not* being the biggest reveal of the episode :psyduck:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
it's true

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
is that the one with the little girls who just run around being assholes?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Swordboys ep 5: :wow:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

Did the swordboys meet the sheatheboys?

You can find out the answer to this question by watching the show

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Blhue posted:

I haven't been watching it since I follow the manga, but i can confirm the old man yelling at clouds tone is kind of always there and only gets worse

Yeah it's easy to kinda zone out and skim past the really preachy parts when you're reading which is what I always do but I don't imagine that's quite as easy when you're watching.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
3 episode opinion on Dive:
Man I wish this show wasn't so ugly :(
There's enough interesting stuff going on that I'm still engaged, like the little protag dude finding his niche and learning that prioritizing his diving goals is very isolating. I'm glad fat coach got a little characterization, he's pretty cute :3: However it's hard to get into the drama when there's nothing really engaging or dynamic about the animation at all.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yokai Apartment is 2 cour apparently.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
yay for Hoozuki S2!!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
reminder to people who are looking at sequels not to forget about Hoozuki no Reitetsu S2

the teaser PVs are really bad so here's the first season's trailer, hopefully the second season will live up to the first
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vpCZ6si3dM

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was talking about the little 15 second ones, I hadn't seen the longer one!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

I'm glad the dadmanga genre is still alive.

:yeah:

• Locked thread