Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I am the one person standing up for The Reflection and I will tow it until it actively offends me.

Honestly I'm still interested in wherever it's going, but it does move s l o w.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Were there lesbians in Penguindrum?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I've been start and stop on The Reflection. It's interesting, but all the other shows, like... actively make me want to watch them more somehow, so every so often I come back to watch an episode or two.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Postal Parcel posted:

Does the animation ever get less choppy? Or does the style really have to grow on you?

That's pretty much the style. I don't mind it that much, myself. For some reason it feels less "this is bad" to me and more like a filter. A lot of the show is kind of... I don't know, moody, and most of the heavy action scenes (or the closest the show gets to it) are a bit surreal. The only real action guy is X-On, the other fighters are the girl in a huge goofy robot and I-Guy whose superpower is making his fights into literal music videos. The show's reality feels a bit abstracted to begin with.

And X-On's general lack of irony makes him my least favorite character anyway. (But take that within the context of how much I can have any strong feelings about The Reflection at all. It's definitely a weird show and I'm not yet prepared to evangelize it or claim it's secretly brilliant or anything. I'm just apparently the only one who's formed thoughts on it.)

• Locked thread